Chairman’s statement

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Theres a massive chase for the riches of the vile Premier League, the carrot is dangling in front of all the Championship chairman, the clubs that fail in the Prem are gifted millions to get back in it, this pushes the prices of players up to ridiculous levels, the teams in the Championship who haven't received the gifts (parachute payments) are the embargoed for trying to compete!!!

The whole concept is totally and utterly ridiculous.

This is how it is. If our chairman complaining about it will change that then I'm Mary Poppins. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

I wish he'd just sell some players and stop whinging about a financial situation he created with crap recruitment. Get thafook on with it! 

If we were actually forward thinking we’d be looking to copy what Norwich are doing right now. Establishing a club culture, investing in the academy and building the club up. We are just fluctuating between boom and bust. When Chansiri goes the club will largely be a shell behind the scenes. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

I wish he'd just sell some players and stop whinging about a financial situation he created with crap recruitment. Get thafook on with it! 

Nahhhh we need another statement, more whinging, a bit more fan division, waste a bit more time and stave off the panic until may when we can get softly felt up by the nasty FFP rules. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

This is how it is. If our chairman complaining about it will change that then I'm Mary Poppins. 

It might be "how it is" doesn't mean its right, why should a club that in totally in good financial hands be forced to sell a player (Reach) who we got from virtually 'Boro's reserves and turned into a player that could fetch up to £15m when realistically we don't need the money - farcical.

Rather than bringing back his crap scheme to screw more money out of the fans he should be getting on with running his business in a sustainable way. If he either can’t or does not want to do this then he should be getting out...the sooner the better for everyone.

56 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No advertising income, no shirt, stadium or stands sponsorship, no corporate income

This part of your post isnt actually true though is it? Im pretty sure that Chansiri sponsors the shirts and the stands for as much as is possible without it being stopped for being unrealistic by the EFL. Wasnt it said that nobody else was willing to offer us anywhere near the amounts hes paying to do this? 

Im also pretty sure that he pays to advertise his "other companies" within the stadium ( D taxis and Elev8) as a means to bring in advertising revenue to the club. No doubt we are commercially weak in many parts, but not where your suggesting.

Truth is he cant win. If he took over and spent nowt hed be called out. Hes spent millions and its not worked out and now hes being called out. He knows he needs to sell players and its admirable in a way that he didnt want our best players sold off. If we can sell without going into relegation territory then so be it. Just know that all those thinking its footy manager and we can sell allthe deadwood are living in a dream land.

• Like 1

I have read this now a couple of times first of all I’d like to thank the chairman for being open and honest that’s what I like about the guy

This could go two ways Reading between the lines of what he’s trying to say (A) we have to offload players because he’s explored all avenues and was unsuccessful

(B)He’s asking us not to judge what he’s about to do because he needs to keep in this division and there is a chance always a promotion what’s avoiding relegation this could mean he’s going to spend which will definitely put is in in Embargo if we do not go up This season

Because of regardless of spending or selling he thinks the club will still be under in Embargo next season so why not go sh.t or bust

I think he’s saying it with his best poker face on

5 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Money raised on Club 1867 V2 will be swallowed up within 1-2 weeks of Fletcher's or Abdi's wages.

I'm really sorry, as he seems a lovely man, but his business sense and inability to make a tough decision like selling a player is staggering.

But at least he comes out and shows pashun! Have to respect him for that....

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon is saying Bruce was told there was money for signings a few weeks ago and now he releases a statement like that basically saying we have no money for signings. Can imagine Bruce is going to be pretty pi$$ed off about it. 

Perhaps my cynical friend is onto something with this ‘oh damn I missed the window ‘ start on 1st feb 

15 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

They used to put 50p in the electric meter. Now it seems someone has put 50p in the village idiot. Yes you

Sorry mate but think you have spent your time looking in a mirror writing your usual tripe.

Some people in here really are a complete embarrassment of our club, you know who I mean.

I'm sorry, but I'm sick to my back teeth of this bloke. He's thick. And it's scary just how thick he is. Just flipping sell someone. How flipping hard is it to just do that without making a flipping song and dance about it?!

• Thanks 1

We need to do whatever we need to do to get this club on an even keel again and if that means selling some of our better players so be it. I think that it’s vital we bite the bullet now and go through the pain barrier while we still have a modicum of control of our own destiny rather than being told what to do or facing penalties for not doing it.

Let’s wipe the slate clean, think CLEARLY what we need to do next  and then kick on without any excess baggage to drag us under.