Chairman’s statement

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bruce is a football manager not a financial advisor. And surely Chansiri would understand the basic economics of the sitauation instead of pleading victim to some sort of personal attack launched by the evil FFP on his perfectly above board spending habits. 

I don't understand your aim. Are you "Chansiri Out" because you seem very bitter. If your an older fan and you've seen better times, I'd understand you abit more but Chansiri has delivered some of the best moments of many supporters lifetimes, especially 30 and under. 

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Really? The modern football fans to me seems like a clueless drama queen who wants about twenty different managers a season, acts like the worlds ending after one defeat and blows unfounded rumours totally out of proportion.

I meant in regards to player recruitment, which is obviously where any money generated from a relaunched 1867 would be going. 

People can find out a lot about most European players now due to Social Media etc. 

If they theoretically raised £10million from the fans and rumours started circulating that we were after the same ilk of player that’s landed us in this mess, there’d be absolute outrage. You’d never be able to go to the fans for anything again. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

That’s the thing. We have January to wheel and deal and we haven’t got the manger in place to do that.

Exactly, if we go into a soft embargo in March that ends our chances of bringing in players in the summer. A bit of an issue when we have up to 14 players about to leave. I wonder what sort of position our squad will look like come August and how much as fans we will be paying for another season of mismanagement. 

8 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Really? The modern football fans to me seems like a clueless drama queen who wants about twenty different managers a season, acts like the worlds ending after one defeat and blows unfounded rumours totally out of proportion.

I refer my honourable friend to the statement I posted some minutes ago. (3rd page) 

You might want to read it.  It's proved quite popular.  

:stuwinky:

Edited by Rev Owl

It’s a strangely timed statement. I’m a little confused as to what the message is. Stating that money was spent to stay in the league is bizarre, especially as we all know that isn’t true. People are critical of other fans, believing we should just back him and that he’s a good bloke who cares and is doing his best. I really want this bloke to succeed, but there is no sustainability to any plan going forwards unless we start to listen to offers for our players. The fact we’ve only sold Jack Hunt for any sort of money (minimal) in the last 3 years has meant our current position is inevitable yet totally unavoidable with a bit of pragmatism.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Exactly, if we go into a soft embargo in March that ends our chances of bringing in players in the summer. A bit of an issue when we have up to 14 players about to leave. I wonder what sort of position our squad will look like come August and how much as fans we will be paying for another season of mismanagement. 

Under the soft embargo I thought we could bring players in on a one in one out basis - subject to a maximum squad size and a limit on wages offered. 

15 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Is it ridiculous from DC or the EFL's bizarre rules making him do this, the statement reads that he'd much rather be able to go it alone.

Totally, he's saying don't worry I've got the cash but I'm not allowed to spend it unless increase turnover. He also said don't worry about me spending my own money if one day I leave.

It does though prepare us that some action ie sell players is required to sort it out. Obviously he can't actually come out and say, don't worry we'll just flog some players and all will be ok. 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The thought of not being able to sign anyone in the summer at the same time as having 14 players out of contract is a sickening feeling. We will be certs for the drop surely if that does happen. 

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

I don't understand your aim. Are you "Chansiri Out" because you seem very bitter. If your an older fan and you've seen better times, I'd understand you abit more but Chansiri has delivered some of the best moments of many supporters lifetimes, especially 30 and under. 

Fair enough you don't get my tone over the keyboard. I'm not bitter at all. I'm very mild mannered but I find it pretty impossible to get along with our chairman and the way he plays the victim when its him that's to blame and actually like to challenge the fans we have on here that seem to think it's fine that we have a regime that is incapable of running the club in a sustainable way. As are the rules. If this is acceptable to some fans then I do wonder what they get out of seeing us decline like this? 

My best experiences watching Wednesday are very disconnected from the conversations surrounding our finances though. 

• Thanks 1

Can't help but think that the lack of communication over our so called 'soft embargo' whilst still cashing in on season ticket sales has left a bitter taster in some fans mouths. Not sure the take-up on the v2 of the 1867 scheme will be more than first time round which let's be honest, didn't pull up many trees.

These late night statements are very left field to say the least

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Under the soft embargo I thought we could bring players in on a one in one out basis - subject to a maximum squad size and a limit on wages offered. 

Soft embargo in March, full embargo in the summer :-(

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I think there's a limit to max transfer fee and wages we can offer though. Meaning the quality of player we can attract would be worse than what we have. 

Guest Willow Owl
33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am just getting sick of the excuses, sort it out of sell up and let someone else have a go. 

in 4 years he has done more long term damage to the club than any chairman in our history. 

we are in that much of a mess, and his only plan is to fleece the fans more.

I bet he wished he took that £100,000 for the radio coverage now :duntmatter:

They used to put 50p in the electric meter. Now it seems someone has put 50p in the village idiot. Yes you

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The thought of not being able to sign anyone in the summer at the same time as having 14 players out of contract is a sickening feeling. We will be certs for the drop surely if that does happen. 

'Always look on the bright side of life.. de dum, de dum, de dum de dum de dum'

lol

Edited by Rev Owl

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Fair enough you don't get my tone over the keyboard. I'm not bitter at all. I'm very mild mannered but I find it pretty impossible to get along with our chairman and the way he plays the victim when its him that's to blame and actually like to challenge the fans we have on here that seem to think it's fine that we have a regime that is incapable of running the club in a sustainable way. As are the rules. If this is acceptable to some fans then I do wonder what they get out of seeing us decline like this? 

My best experiences watching Wednesday are very disconnected from the conversations surrounding our finances though. 

Theres a massive chase for the riches of the vile Premier League, the carrot is dangling in front of all the Championship chairman, the clubs that fail in the Prem are gifted millions to get back in it, this pushes the prices of players up to ridiculous levels, the teams in the Championship who haven't received the gifts (parachute payments) are then embargoed for trying to compete!!!

The whole concept is totally and utterly ridiculous.

Edited by toppOwl