A way around hectors parent club

3 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Just bleeding BUY !! him before the 27th then he’s ours and free to do whatever we like. Fans want him he’s played very well and consistent surely we can get him bought!!! 

The trouble is with that I think they  want between 5 to 6 mill for him and we got that

For the type of wages Hector will be on, I'd be very disappointed if we were to sign him.

This opinion won't be popular but I think there are some on here who really over-rate him, he's often got a mistake in him and his passing at times can be very sloppy. Granted he looks good next to Tom Lees (who has gone backwards year upon year since Wembley), but at present I'd rate Thornley as the best centre-half at the club.

For the sort of wages we'd have to pay to sign him, I think we could get much better elsewhere.

Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

For the type of wages Hector will be on, I'd be very disappointed if we were to sign him.

This opinion won't be popular but I think there are some on here who really over-rate him, he's often got a mistake in him and his passing at times can be very sloppy. Granted he looks good next to Tom Lees (who has gone backwards year upon year since Wembley), but at present I'd rate Thornley as the best centre-half at the club.

For the sort of wages we'd have to pay to sign him, I think we could get much better elsewhere.

Just my opinion.

Totally agree with Hector being overrated, he's made numerous mistakes like Lees has this season but the fans don't seem to spot them. 

Just my opinion.

Not sure what his wages are, probably too high for us to consider committing to all of them Don’t think people are overrating him, aside from on here, he normally gets man of the match, from the press and pundits

13 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

The trouble is with that I think they  want between 5 to 6 mill for him and we got that

Jesus what has this market become James tarkowski  went for about £4m only a few years back and we are talking about big hec being worth potentially £2m more???

Edited by Blue_&_white_wizards

14 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

I'd read somewhere his contract was up at the end of the season, if that's true (it was on here so probably not) then fee would be nowhere near £5 - £6M. Also, he'd probably have to accept he's not going to command the level of salary paid by Chelsea wherever he goes.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure what his wages are, probably too high for us to consider committing to all of them Don’t think people are overrating him, aside from on here, he normally gets man of the match, from the press and pundits

In comparison to the other defenders we have at Hillsborough he is decent but I think that says more about our weaknesses in that position than it does about his strengths.

There's definitely a player in there but he has cost us goals a few times since he came here (granted under Luhukay everybody was terrible) but even since Jos left, just off the top of my head I look at that Birmingham goal at Hillsborough and think he could've done a lot better, I also look at the first Luton match and his passing that day was awful, he also got skinned twice by their right winger and had to be bailed out by Fox in front of the kop. Also the Preston game, I know he scored the winner but his passing was off that day too, for example the red card that Pearson got came as a result of Hector miss placing a fairly straight forward pass and putting it straight at Pearson. 

I'm not saying he's dreadful but he isn't great either and I just think that he is a bit over-rated and for the type of wages he will command, I can't help but feel that we could get much more value for our money.  

In comparison to the other defenders we have at Hillsborough he is decent but I think that says more about our weaknesses in that position than it does about his strengths.

There's definitely a player in there but he has cost us goals a few times since he came here (granted under Luhukay everybody was terrible) but even since Jos left, just off the top of my head I look at that Birmingham goal at Hillsborough and think he could've done a lot better, I also look at the first Luton match and his passing that day was awful, he also got skinned twice by their right winger and had to be bailed out by Fox in front of the kop. Also the Preston game, I know he scored the winner but his passing was off that day too, for example the red card that Pearson got came as a result of Hector miss placing a fairly straight forward pass and putting it straight at Pearson. 

I'm not saying he's dreadful but he isn't great either and I just think that he is a bit over-rated and for the type of wages he will command, I can't help but feel that we could get much more value for our money.  

Does this count as an assist? lol

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Just bleeding BUY !! him before the 27th then he’s ours and free to do whatever we like. Fans want him he’s played very well and consistent surely we can get him bought!!! 

He'll be free in June. 

For the fee Chelsea demand for a lot of there players and the wages he’s probably on, can we get anyone better than him for next season? I’d probably say yes. 

I like him though. 

£1 million and I’d sign him in January. Much more then we’re better off letting Bruce have a look at him first.

No one would pay 6 million for him. He has less than 6 months left on his contract and won’t be getting another. My guess is we could get him for a nominal fee and Chelsea rid themselves of

hus wages.

The bigger issue would be if we could get near his current wages and the length of contract. 

For what it’s worth my opinion would be to sign him up. Quite clearly best centre back

at the club at present. Also a good age for potential re sale value. 

Sure he has made rhe odd rick here and there. Not sure he has cost us any goals (with exception of derby game) He is calm

and composed on the ball, good pace, good in the air, also capable of playing out from the back. Can use both feet.

What’s not to like? 

16 minutes ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Jesus what has this market become James tarkowski  went for about £4m only a few years back and we are talking about big hec being worth potentially £2m more???

The way the it is isn't it.  Tarkowski is probably 30m now.

Give me a choice between buying Hector or signing Venancio - I would go for the later look a better player last season, won't be on a silly wage either and for the team just seemed to be a better fit. Add to that he is a natural leader and would be a good choice of captain at the back.

Not getting much game time currently so we could get him for less than £1m.