Well Achilles... I thought that the Dawson witch hunt was a red herring.

The whole team had stopped playing for Jos.

A lot seem to think that we were shipping goals because the tyro keeper couldn't command the back line...

My personal feeling is that we need to sign a centre half that will be the captain of the team... someone like Dawson.. although that wouldn't be popular.

11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Well Achilles... I thought that the Dawson witch hunt was a red herring.

The whole team had stopped playing for Jos.

A lot seem to think that we were shipping goals because the tyro keeper couldn't command the back line...

My personal feeling is that we need to sign a centre half that will be the captain of the team... someone like Dawson.. although that wouldn't be popular.

The Dawson witch hunt is embarrassing. Totally undeserved and out of order against one of our own. 

Giving him the arm band would be a brave decision by a new manager. It won't happen but who knows it could work and help him to communicate with more authority and confidence. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
59 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

What witch hunt. The topic asks if it is worth trying a different central defence partnership. Hopefully for Lees to regain some form or just rest. I would recommend that you read the topic question again before starting the negative fans witch hunt agenda 

This response was not to the original topic question. It was posted after around 4 pages of posters including yourself, trying to justify why Lees should be dropped for Thorniley ( i stand by my opinion). 

While he has not been at his best (who was under JL). The last seven games have produced 4 clean sheets all with TL at centre back. Our best partnership is Hector and Lees in my opinion. Remember our defence over the last 12 months includes 1 of the back five that made us a solid defensive unit for 2 1/2 years. 

Lets see what SB and his team think. I suspect he will see what previous managers have seen, that TL is our best defender. 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

This response was not to the original topic question. It was posted after around 4 pages of posters including yourself, trying to justify why Lees should be dropped for Thorniley ( i stand by my opinion). 

While he has not been at his best (who was under JL). The last seven games have produced 4 clean sheets all with TL at centre back. Our best partnership is Hector and Lees in my opinion. Remember our defence over the last 12 months includes 1 of the back five that made us a solid defensive unit for 2 1/2 years. 

Lets see what SB and his team think. I suspect he will see what previous managers have seen, that TL is our best defender. 

Best defender or not he a much better player than how he playing recently. I never tried to justify dropping Lees. I asked if thorniley Hector would be worth a try. 

You still countering arguments that have not been made. 

If recent results show you that no improvement can be made (incidentally only you have mentioned last 6 games ) then you are very wrong. 

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:49, Brando17 said:

Lees has been affected since been made captain,he aint captain material,not vocal enough and needs a strong willed player either aside him or behind him (Westwood)

he must be very weak mentally if  captaincy affects him and how poor that that he needs strong willed players around him …..you'd think he'd jack it in or  carlos, jos , bully or agnew would have  put him out of his misery and replace him ……..

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he must be very weak mentally if  captaincy affects him and how poor that that he needs strong willed players around him …..you'd think he'd jack it in or  carlos, jos , bully or agnew would have  put him out of his misery and replace him ……..

The captain should be given to a player who with the arm band gives the team more and the player. Can anyone say that giving it to Lees improves him or the team. I don't think he weak willed more of an introvert who needs to be concentrating on his own game only. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Best defender or not he a much better player than how he playing recently. I never tried to justify dropping Lees. I asked if thorniley Hector would be worth a try. 

You still countering arguments that have not been made. 

If recent results show you that no improvement can be made (incidentally only you have mentioned last 6 games ) then you are very wrong. 

Sorry mate you're going to have to explain that post again. Maybe it's me but it doesn't seem to make any sense. 

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

It's ok. You have answered mate. Thanks.

Seeing as you haven't clarified your earlier post it must be me that doesn't understand fluent wobble gob. WTF: