Early highlights of the game well done Dawson

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

He was very angry wasn't he? Presume he's from BBC Bedfordshire or whatever godforsaken station covers Luton Town. Probably better than Giddings though....

Also thought it was hilarious that he was silent for the rest of it, like he was completely pissed off with what he was seeing 

Edited by Owl Rly
Spelling

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, bazz123 said:

our defence couldn,t cope with their attacks they were totally outplayed .how we won the game i,ll never know. probably used our luck up for the rest of the season.!!

We kept a clean sheet FFS. Sometimes wonder whether people who post on here are actually Wednesday fans or of the pork persuasion. 

28 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

We kept a clean sheet FFS. Sometimes wonder whether people who post on here are actually Wednesday fans or of the pork persuasion. 

Don't think they're of the pork persuasion, more just miserable gits who have got so used to moaning that they can't help themselves. 

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

Lees is by and far our weak link . People pelt fox , but he was the best of the defence last night , Dawson aside . Lees is what 28 ish ? Should be in his peak but he gets worse week by week . I’d seriously persevere with thorniley , far better player imo 

Thorniley did well for the first Luton chance, absolute schoolboy defending

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

Lees is by and far our weak link . People pelt fox , but he was the best of the defence last night , Dawson aside . Lees is what 28 ish ? Should be in his peak but he gets worse week by week . I’d seriously persevere with thorniley , far better player imo 

How do you know ? you dont go to games do you ?

15 hours ago, Morepork said:

FFS.....that back pass from TL. The only time I've ever seen anything like that before is on FM19!! lol

It reminded me of an incident in the second leg of league cup semi final 93.

we were 4-2 up from first leg v Blackburn and nearly gifted first goal.

See on 0:38 seconds...

Edited by Rhubarb n Custard

I don’t think that backpass situation is a simple as it look.

Yes, it’s risky from Lees to just play it blindly but at the same time, you can see he’s pretty confident (and correct) that no opposing players are between him and Dawson.

The interesting part though is that he plays the call from Dawson - you can see Dawson make the call in the clip (if that’s not what he’s doing then God knows why not he’s doing it). I would suggest that Lees is just trusting the call from his keeper, which isn’t a bad thing 

Secondly, Dawson’s positioning needs to be questioned a little. It’s hard to say from the clip but I wonder if he goes a little walkies after the call. Given that the ball travelled about 40 odd yards and just missed the post by a couple...how far across his goal was Dawson to have to scramble and not actually get there?

Not absolving Lees of blame, just making the point that often gameplay isn’t as simple as it appears

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t think that backpass situation is a simple as it look.

Yes, it’s risky from Lees to just play it blindly but at the same time, you can see he’s pretty confident (and correct) that no opposing players are between him and Dawson.

The interesting part though is that he plays the call from Dawson - you can see Dawson make the call in the clip (if that’s not what he’s doing then God knows why not he’s doing it). I would suggest that Lees is just trusting the call from his keeper, which isn’t a bad thing 

Secondly, Dawson’s positioning needs to be questioned a little. It’s hard to say from the clip but I wonder if he goes a little walkies after the call. Given that the ball travelled about 40 odd yards and just missed the post by a couple...how far across his goal was Dawson to have to scramble and not actually get there?

Not absolving Lees of blame, just making the point that often gameplay isn’t as simple as it appears

I cannot believe that you are in some way trying to blame Dawson for TL backpass. Wow,