Can Hector play against Chelsea?

Guest Manwithastick
2 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Think the usually wont let them play to stop them becoming cup tied. Cant imagine chelsea will be considering recalling Hector (ever).

He played tonight:huh:

I would think not. Chelsea let Tomori and Mount play against them in the League Cup because they felt it would help their development as young players (and hence benefit Chelsea Football Club).

Hector turns 27 this season and clearly has no future at Chelsea, being out of contract at the end of the season. Letting him play against them would be of no benefit to Chelsea, in fact it would probably slightly reduce their chances of getting through to next round. So I really can't see them letting him play.

21 minutes ago, RyanSWFC said:

I would think not. Chelsea let Tomori and Mount play against them in the League Cup because they felt it would help their development as young players (and hence benefit Chelsea Football Club).

Hector turns 27 this season and clearly has no future at Chelsea, being out of contract at the end of the season. Letting him play against them would be of no benefit to Chelsea, in fact it would probably slightly reduce their chances of getting through to next round. So I really can't see them letting him play.

He's not out of contract at end of the season.

The answer to this is if it was a league game regardless of the contract he wouldn’t be allowed to play against is Present club

But with this been in separate

leagues us playing each other is very doubtful if they haven’t speculated in the contract that he is not allowed to play against his present club if it was to come forth that they played each other then they have no alternative if Sheffield Wednesday choose to allow him

to play Unless they recall him before the FA Cup but that is doubtful they Would do that

I can’t be  bothered to edit it but you get the drift the beer is kicking in

Edited by Owlsend
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, alanharper said:

That was in the League Cup.  Not sure if rules are different for the FA Cup,  loanees aren't allowed to play against their parent clubs in league games. We'll have to wait and see. 

In the Premier League, players on loan are not permitted to play against the team which holds their registration (section 7.2 of rule M.6). Loanees are, however, allowed to play against their 'owning' clubs in cup competitions, unless they have played for their owning club in that cup during that season.

So we should be good to play Hector.

• Thanks 1