Hector in midfield

2 hours ago, GerOwl said:

We had this discussion last week. As a stopper ok, as a ball playing stopper, no chance. Nothing has changed, he isn't good enough technically and Bruce won't play him in the middle because of that. All his MoM's were as a Centre Half, not sure what that has to do with anything. 

Come off it lad you don't think SB is having some hand in our team selections on the phone with his team?! Get a grip

45 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Come off it lad you don't think SB is having some hand in our team selections on the phone with his team?! Get a grip

I would hope that he's not picking teams on the phone and waiting to take training first. Otherwise we could have got any champ manager player in to do it. And no, I don't think he's picking the teams, I'd like to think he trusts his guys to get it done and is receiving feedback to build his knowledge of our squad for when he finally pitches up in two weeks.

4 hours ago, GerOwl said:

I would hope that he's not picking teams on the phone and waiting to take training first. Otherwise we could have got any champ manager player in to do it. And no, I don't think he's picking the teams, I'd like to think he trusts his guys to get it done and is receiving feedback to build his knowledge of our squad for when he finally pitches up in two weeks.

Just don't buy it am afraid, not saying he's picking the team alone, or even suggesting a starting 11 that would be his team suggesting it to him. But your saying he wouldn't play Hector in midfield when he would have been well aware of Hector starting in mid and well aware of who Hector is

Edited by keepitsteel89

It's worth noting that when we were up around top 6 earlier on in the season, Hector played mostly as a defensive midfielder, albeit very deep.

His strengths are tackling, intercepting and heading, weaknesses are concentration, agility and sometimes distribution. To me that lends itself to playing DM as he can commit to tackles and aerial duels more often, breaking up play but knowing he has cover behind him if it doesn't come off. The occasional brain farts are less costly as again, the cover behind can help out. His distribution does need to improve, or he at least could be a bit less ambitious with his passes.