Chelsea Away

Guest Ash76

30 minutes ago, bradowl said:

40% of gate money at £30 and £15 is a tidy sum with over 40,000 attendance, add this to TV money and we should make a few bob. 

id say club will make about 600-700k out of this with tv money and money for getting to 4th round too , the luton gate receipts at best would have paid david jones his weekly wage . 

30 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

id say club will make about 600-700k out of this with tv money and money for getting to 4th round too , the luton gate receipts at best would have paid david jones his weekly wage . 

a champions league win wouldn't pay David jones weekly wage

Anyone know when they’re on sale? 

Lets hope for for a heroic draw, then get them back to Hillsborough on a winters evening for a repeat of 1991 semi!

Also, if by some miracle that happened, an i right in thinking a replay would likely be Bruce’s first home game in charge?!

12 hours ago, owler66 said:

25yrs since we last played them in the FA Cup and was disappointed to be knocked out by "Chelsea" how our paths have gone in different directions in the 25 years since 

I remember the replay was gutted we had been knocked out of the fa Cup. I was only 6 and it was the year after we came so close to winning it. I seem to recall us playing them again in the FA Cup a few years later when they had the likes of zola, vialli, Di matteo etc.