He played 65 minutes. Van Aken played 45 minutes.

In write up of match neither get a mention.

Stobbs, grant and Shaw are all mentioned for goals work they did in game. From memory do not think any other player is mentioned.

Perhaps will be some comment on game from Thompson and he may indicate how they went. In all seriousness the last time I saw him for U/23s (over a year ago and think his last game prior to yesterday) he looked as if could no longer sprint and I was certain legs had gone totally. He looked shadow of player he was 3 years previously. Therefore I would not have high hopes of stellar performance.

• Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Quist said:

Stobbs, grant and Shaw are all mentioned for goals work they did in game. From memory do not think any other player is mentioned.

Perhaps will be some comment on game from Thompson and he may indicate how they went. In all seriousness the last time I saw him for U/23s (over a year ago and think his last game prior to yesterday) he looked as if could no longer sprint and I was certain legs had gone totally. He looked shadow of player he was 3 years previously. Therefore I would not have high hopes of stellar performance.

Sounds like he has a serious problem. It is a shame, I really don't think he can go from playing well at Watford to not wanting to play for us and just collect a wage, he's just got gradually worse and worse by the sounds of it and seems nothing he can do about it. Must be hugely frustrating - hopefully he came out well from this game.

23 minutes ago, Quist said:

Booooo spoilsport

1 hour ago, General_Grievous said:

seriously, who gains from that? why bother? 

Who gains from from giving him a run out? The club are trying to assess whether he can play a role for the remainder of the season, nobody could've known he'd be injured for another 12 months after only 3 minutes. 

FFS!

• Haha 1