Morgan Fox

Guest Ash76

No surprise......

we we start doing well and the fans forget about berating their current whipping boy (Fox). He’s never deserved the abuse he gets but it’s been shown over the years, especially when we are playing badly, someone on the pitch will get it in the neck and more often than not it isn’t deserved. 

IMO he’s no worse than the other full back playing yesterday, neither of them are outstanding but they’re steady performers in a mid table championship team. 

5 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

He's now made that LB spot his own.

Since Jos left (Hull game aside) he's been one of our best players. Delighted for him, he's taken some unjustified stick and looks a different player.

was it unjustified ?  I think it (booing ) was OTT and down right wrong, but he was rubbish   but I acknowledge he's stuck at it and doing well 

The whole back line seem more at ease, including Fox now they aren't being forced to play the game in a manner they don't know how to.

I don't get the reference to Buxton, I know we have tried Fox at Centre half but he didn't really excel there.  But Buxton played right back, left back, centre half and was decent enough in a side that lacked the quality we have in the squad these days.    

I still think Pudil is our strongest left back currently.

10 hours ago, james o connor said:

Even more funny that far more limited players like Jose semedo was worshipped (for what I still don’t know ) and a complete jeb end like forestieri (yes more talented , but contributes less and has a shocking attitude ) is still worshipped 

You don't understand why Semedo was "worshipped". . . 

Perhaps you were fast asleep for the entirety of the 2011/2012 promotion season? 

I do like the fact that your "praise" of Morgan Fox is actually just an excuse to berate a former player who left over a year and a half ago. 

12 hours ago, james o connor said:

No idea why he gets such pelt , he’s been our best defender for the last 2 months (during which time, Hull aside , we haven’t conceded nearLy as much ) 

astounds me how our moronic, half wit fans have to have a boo boy. Is he the best full back In the league ? No . is he competent enough with a decent attitude ? Yes . 

Even more funny that far more limited players like Jose semedo was worshipped (for what I still don’t know ) and a complete jeb end like forestieri (yes more talented , but contributes less and has a shocking attitude ) is still worshipped 

And then you slag off Semedo and Forestieri ,are you a boo boy ?

4 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

The idea that Pudil is past it and has lost his legs is completely wrong IMO.    One of those things that gets said and perpetuated but isn't actually true.

Pudil's thoughts on playing left back and his switch to centre back in a back three / five

April 2018:

The 32 year-old’s contract is up for renewal at the end of this season and Pudil admitted he could now be considered as a centre-half. He believes this change could add a couple more years to his career. “It’s for someone else to say I’m playing well,” he said. “This formation we are playing I feel much more comfortable. I don’t want to say I cant play left back anymore but age is killing me a little bit, I can not get up and down like I used to. I feel much better in this position. “Maybe this position can extend my career a little longer and fingers crossed I can get another few years over here.”

Fox is only 25. Thought he was older than that. He still has time to get better under good management. 

Since we stopped passing out from the back he has got better from being further up field and his crosses are very good imo. His decision making and commitment is much better now as well. 

Long may his form continue 

Has stepped up to the plate so to speak recently and with a run of games is improving again now, I remember when we first signed him I thought he become a good solid player at this level, but due to injuries lack of confidence and other things he seemed to regress insttea of progressing or flourishing,but he's getting there now and hope Steve and the guys can improve his game more so. 

I do think though there's a natural progression to cb ahead for him in the future and I definatley would have more confidence if needed than seeing VanAkren in there.

3 hours ago, Walt said:

Pudil's thoughts on playing left back and his switch to centre back in a back three / five

April 2018:

The 32 year-old’s contract is up for renewal at the end of this season and Pudil admitted he could now be considered as a centre-half. He believes this change could add a couple more years to his career. “It’s for someone else to say I’m playing well,” he said. “This formation we are playing I feel much more comfortable. I don’t want to say I cant play left back anymore but age is killing me a little bit, I can not get up and down like I used to. I feel much better in this position. “Maybe this position can extend my career a little longer and fingers crossed I can get another few years over here.”

Glad you dug that out pal, was just going to look for the same! 

I like Pudil, looked good at left sided centre half in our back 3/5, but he’ll never play as an orthodox full back for us again and rightly so. Was great in his first season (although was always a better wing back than full back from what I saw at Watford) but has been absolutely flogged most times he’s played at LB from the middle of his 2nd season on. Not just that his ‘legs have gone’, but his alround mobility has dropped right off making it hard for him to offer anything going forward, and a real weak link defensively. 

Feels like the script of any movie with a hero... coming in, doing a poor job, then Rocky music sequence where they have to put in a heavy training shift and do better, and now towards the end he's performing to the standards we're expecting and he's doing a good job!

Well done Fox, I've been one of your most bitter critics but I do like being proved wrong, like you've done over the past 4-5 matches!

• Like 1

Fox and Palmer both had great games Saturday. Still don’t think they’re good enough if we are to start challenging for the play offs again. 

Think the main reason they’ve improved is that we have stuck with the same back 4, even after the Hull game we didn’t change it. Not constantly chopping and changing it, not asking them one week to be full backs and then wing backs the next.