Morgan Fox

Guest Ash76

Guest LittleG

Don't agree with his treatment by some supporters but unfortunately at the end of the day he is a bang average full back. No amount of support from the fans is going to improve his skill, positioning, awareness etc. 

8 minutes ago, markg said:

He was playing worse than Fox

Maybe defensively, but he did get into the opposition half, in short time, with no help, and given another few games, SWFC might have seen another few goals, I can't believe he didn't get one, he was playing well.  What does Fox bring, that Penney doesn't?  The left side did better, in my opinion, with Penney.

Shows how badly the Chansiri era has gone off course when fans are pining for ‘the next Lewis Buxton’ :laugh:

5 hours ago, Morepork said:

Some of the treatment he's received from fans, especially on social media is horrendous. Nobody can condone that. He has shown some improvement this season though and I welcome that. 

Ultimately, it all boils down to this.....his ability is nowhere near the level of our fans expectation, a situation that's exasperated by the fact that we've needed improvement in that position for 4 years......unfortunately he bears the brunt of that frustration.

At this level, he's a squad player if he were the third choice he'd get no grief.

Good post.  Yeah, he’s not good enough but it’s not Fox’s fault that the club signed him.

Fox is actually the least of our problems.  The likes of Fox are always available to start games, he won’t be on big wages, he rarely gets injured or sent off.

Just like Nuhiu, Pelepessy, Palmer etc - the issue is that these players aren’t further down the pecking order in terms of squad selection.  If Fox was our 3rd choice LB and we had two Championship-quality players ahead of him, most fans would be fine with it.

Saturday he was poor - but pretty much everyone was.

Before that game though he'd been much improved in the last 4 or 5 games.

I hope we strengthen in the full back positions because I think we really need to, but I don't really care who plays and so if Fox can raise his game to keep the competition for his place out, then that can only be a good thing.

Look I never boo the guy and always want him to do well,

but.....

He has far more poor games than good ones and I get really frustrated with the amount of silly mistakes and daft decision making

imo he will be one of the first that Bruce will see as a weak link and need to replace asap

8 hours ago, prowl said:

Neither had Lewis when he came here. Used to get dogs abuse at first but turned into a good player.

Yes he did. 

He just took a while to get into the groove. It’s patently obvious that Fox will never possess the talent Buxton had.

And that’s not a criticism, he’s just nowhere near as good - technically, positionally, intelligently.

Hes got a better left foot though

1 hour ago, S1Owl said:

Penney should be playing. Anyone can see he's a quality player, should be encouraged not demoralised, hope Bruce sees that 

I really hope Penney develops further as there does appear to be some talent there, but he really didn't do himself any favours with his last few appearances (even if played out of position). Maybe this is to be expected with a young player after a very promising start, but no way should he be ahead of Fox as things stand - he has a lot to prove.

1 hour ago, S1Owl said:

Penney should be playing. Anyone can see he's a quality player, should be encouraged not demoralised, hope Bruce sees that 

Our fans - "Penney is a good young player and should be encouraged not demoralised..."

stadium announcer - "Morgan Fox"

Also our fans - "BOOOOOOOOO! 

YOUR SHÏT! BOOOOOOOOOOO!

:ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2