Efe ambrose

I saw Efe play like a top class defender one week then the next game we wanted to string him up. I saw him many a time at Celtic and he really can be a valuable asset and imho he would thrive at Wednesday . Good honest professional. It went wrong for Efe at Celtic when he came back a winner from the ACON and declared himself fit to play against Juve in the last 16 of the CL and was at fault for two of the goals scored against us that night. He never fully recovered from that and his confidence was shot to pieces. Tbf to him he’s done alright at Hibs and is now ready for another challenge.

Everybody keeps saying he’s a centre back doesn’t he play more full back?

hes got the error in him but genuinely looks ok . That said I don’t know masses about him 

I know he’d have more of a presence in the pitch for ya and make us more physical 

free transfer, Scottish wages it’s a yes for me happy to go on Bruce’s judgment on this one 

11 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

The laddie Jimmy Dunne we had on loan from Burnley that has signed at Sunderland for the second half of the season is a cracking looking prospect. A better player than Mitchell I reckon. 

Hearts are strong at centre back with Christophe Berra and John Souttar (Souttar like Paterson will end up playing in the English Premier League) but Dunne came in and did just as good a job as Souttar (who was injured) alongside Berra. He will have a good career either at Burnley or elsewhere. Composed, strong, dominating, mature personality, decent pace, a very good prospect. If Mitchell rediscovers last years form he will be too and I agree he could be an option for Wednesday in the near future. Bruce needs to sign and upgrade the full backs.

No chance of us signing Souttar in the window then? Out of our price range?

8 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

No chance of us signing Souttar in the window then? Out of our price range?

With potential FFP worries I’d think it’s unlikely we could mate which is a shame. He will go for millions. There’s a rumour that Leeds have a first option on Souttar too with them loaning Conor Shaughnessy to us for cover for him. He’s out injured at the moment.

Edited by edinburghowl

12 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

With potential FFP worries I’d think it’s unlikely we could mate which is a shame. He will go for millions. There’s a rumour that Leeds have a first option on Souttar too with them loaning Conor Shaughnessy to us for cover for him. He’s out injured at the moment.

Good player then?

Pity we don't have the clout at the minute to compete.

If we had just managed our past transfers correctly, then we could have brought him to the club with the right deal

ffs

23 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I read that story and am immediately worried why we would need another primadonna player in our squad...

Not sure why you infer he is a primadonna for just deciding he wants to play in England, or just another club.