Adbi playing for U23's

1 hour ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Chansiri said that he was fit but when came to selecting him he refused to play blaming injury 

if that was so that's gross misconduct and a sackable offence . I read something slightly different . also if he point blank refuses to play or train id have thought he would have lost all respect from his colleagues and would have been totally alienated from anyone at the club. id love to know how a football club can release a player from his contract if the player has possibly downed his tools. any of us what works for a company would have been long gone by now. 

15 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Still, don't think we'll see him in a Wednesday shirt again. remember its the chairman's decision why he's not playing and you all know how stubborn he can be.

I believe the u23s also playbin Wednesday shirts like...

13 hours ago, Rogers said:

He played more times than people think..there were worse players like Chris Marsden, Steve Adams,  David Graham, Simon Donnelly, Phil O’Donnel (RIP), etc. 

Didn't come this marsden retire to save us paying his wages and USB a lifelong Wednesday fan who rejected offers from the league above to play for us before he retired?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rogers said:

He played more times than people think..there were worse players like Chris Marsden, Steve Adams,  David Graham, Simon Donnelly, Phil O’Donnel (RIP), etc. 

25 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Didn't come this marsden retire to save us paying his wages and USB a lifelong Wednesday fan who rejected offers from the league above to play for us before he retired?

He did indeed and captained us ... he retired to save us money so definitely not a bad player compared to some money grabbers!

2 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Chansiri said that he was fit but when came to selecting him he refused to play blaming injury 

Doesn`t add up......surely if he refused to play whilst fit we would have cancelled his contract given how desperate we are to make savings.

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Do you remember powell the other midfielder we signed he didnt last long either

6 hours ago, handworth52 said:

if that was so that's gross misconduct and a sackable offence . I read something slightly different . also if he point blank refuses to play or train id have thought he would have lost all respect from his colleagues and would have been totally alienated from anyone at the club. id love to know how a football club can release a player from his contract if the player has possibly downed his tools. any of us what works for a company would have been long gone by now. 

Isn't he on 40k a week though so trying to pay him off probably isn't so easy, for me I'd have got rid anyway I could even at a massive loss another poor signing by the club 

5 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Isn't he 40k a week? Don't think paying him off is that easy 

Re read my post......................CANCEL his contract if he is refusing to play whilst fit, not come to an agreement.

Also i would guess at nearer 25 - 30 K a week.

21 hours ago, billyblack said:

Do you remember powell the other midfielder we signed he didnt last long either

Daryl Powell?

was on a short term contract .. we offered him a new one (not on great wages by any stretch) and he turned us down - i remember seeing him on sky sports kicking the ball around his back garden saying its hard to get a team being a free transfer etc .. bit of advertisement for him!

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Daryl Powell?

was on a short term contract .. we offered him a new one (not on great wages by any stretch) and he turned us down - i remember seeing him on sky sports kicking the ball around his back garden saying its hard to get a team being a free transfer etc .. bit of advertisement for him!

Yes thats the guy

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:09, handworth52 said:

i doubt that the owner saying a player is fit and the player declaring him self unfit  is a sackable offence …..if it was so the club could sack anyone they wanted once they were injured . 

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

i doubt that the owner saying a player is fit and the player declaring him self unfit  is a sackable offence …..if it was so the club could sack anyone they wanted once they were injured . 

I doubt abdi cares, he will have had over 5 million in wages by this summer off us . that's 5 million a goal (well it was a stunner at forest) and 16 games divided by 5 million that's about £310000 a game. unreal