Adbi playing for U23's

16 minutes ago, Patheard said:

According to Wiki, Wim Jonk played 70 times for Wednesday, that cant be true, can it?

He played more times than people think..there were worse players like Chris Marsden, Steve Adams,  David Graham, Simon Donnelly, Phil O’Donnel (RIP), etc. 

33 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

He said it with his own words at the fan's forum. He said that Abdi came back pre-season telling everyone he was fit and ready to go. Then he changed his mind and told the staff he wasn't ready. DC said he had disrespected the club and basically won't play again.

He must have changed his mind then. He played today by all accounts.

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

It's all gone quiet about Van Aken leaving hasn't it...

Surely he wouldn't be playing today if there was anything in it so it must have just been wishful thinking. Or maybe the club that was interested scouted him in the U23s and quickly moved on. 

If he's not in our plans, so isn't going to play first team football, then Maybe the respective buying club wants to see him play and asses him during a game, all be it for the re-branded reserves. 

14 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

If he's not in our plans, so isn't going to play first team football, then Maybe the respective buying club wants to see him play and asses him during a game, all be it for the re-branded reserves. 

ffs that's that then.

If we want somebody to take Van Aken off our hands the last thing we want to do is to let them see him play ... 

• Haha 4

thought  abdi was very mediocre tip tapping short passes to nearest player as soon as he recieved ball. after 65 minutes he was replaced by alexx hunt. best player for me was jack hobbs who ran his heart out down right wing ,being supplied ball by ben hughs for hobbs to cross ball into goalmouth of which one ball curved over their goalie hitting far post and into net.our new striker did very little, didnt see him get one shot on goal though he was well marked by their no.4.van akin didnt stand out either.

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

ffs that's that then.

If we want somebody to take Van Aken off our hands the last thing we want to do is to let them see him play ... 

I'm still having nightmares about our scouting network and how after assessing 200 centre backs we came to the conclusion he was the best option?? 

Where were they looking?? 

Really scares me!! 

3 minutes ago, bazz123 said:

thought  abdi was very mediocre tip tapping short passes to nearest player as soon as he recieved ball. after 65 minutes he was replaced by alexx hunt. best player for me was jack hobbs who ran his heart out down right wing ,being supplied ball by ben hughs for hobbs to cross ball into goalmouth of which one ball curved over their goalie hitting far post and into net.our new striker did very little, didnt see him get one shot on goal though he was well marked by their no.4.van akin didnt stand out either.

It is what he has spent most of his time doing on his rare first team appearances, although the aim today might justifiably have been to get through some minutes on the pitch unscathed.

Part of me hates saying this, but by bringing Abdi to the first team now, is just getting him fit and ready for his next team.

In this respect, I think Jos was on the right track, although I think he trod the track badly.    That's not to say I think Jos was vindicated with his treatment of other players like Hutchinson or Westwood, but sometimes you need to look to the future, and Abdi isn't the future - without fear of contradiction I think I can safely say he will be out of the door as soon as his contract is up.

I know Abdi has been class before he came to us.  He's not the future though and I don't think he can help in the hear and now so he should be quite rightly cast aside, even if he is match fit now.

2 hours ago, bazz123 said:

Thanks thats what he did when he last played in the first team 

2 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

It is what he has spent most of his time doing on his rare first team appearances, although the aim today might justifiably have been to get through some minutes on the pitch unscathed.

Glad its not only me that noticed , one way to get your pass completion stats up WTF:

32 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

To be fair to Marsden didn’t he cancel his contract when it became apparent he had a long term injury?

I think he did. Anyone know if he was any relation to Billy Marsden, who played left-half for us in the 1920s and went on to run a number of pubs acrosss Sheffield?

12 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Hes the new Wim Jonk

Jonk had a terrible time at Hillsborough I’ll give you that without any shadow of a doubt,  but take both players in there prime and Abdi wouldn’t be fit to lace Jonks boots 

Horrendous spell for us, but world

class in his prime for Ajax, Inter and PSV 

9 hours ago, bazz123 said:

yep. Hope to see a few big centuries when The Master really gets his eye in for us 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Hobbs