Preference

2 hours ago, s73owl said:

Depending on how big it was and how flexible you were it wouldn't matter about not having a partner :Pelupessy:

Not quite the direction I hoped/expected my OP to go but hey, I should have known better. Owlstalk at its best. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Sadly the average squad and good manager is working wonders across the city.

Indeed it is, as much as I dislike Wilder you have to give him credit for their turnaround.

Still baffled how he has turned a journeyman pro like Basham into  Socrates and 32 year old Duffy into Messi. Or is it just that we made them look so good ?

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

Every great team has a great manager. Every crap team has a crap manager. 

Would our team team consisting of Mark smith and Andy Mc culloch have been great without  big jack? 

Would our team team consisting of hirst waddle Nilsson have been great without big Ron?

i haven’t thought this through properly have I ?

We are missing a manager thats Big?

2 hours ago, NYowl said:

Indeed it is, as much as I dislike Wilder you have to give him credit for their turnaround.

Still baffled how he has turned a journeyman pro like Basham into  Socrates and 32 year old Duffy into Messi. Or is it just that we made them look so good ?

It's what being fit does for you . Signing crocks who have had it is the most stupid decision we ha e made in recent years . As much as it pains me , whilst we are paying wasters like Abdi thousands , journeymen , but passionate players across the city at the sty are closing in on automatic promotion on a fraction of the wage . Quite sickening really 

2 hours ago, NYowl said:

They play to a plan and they play for each other.

We've kept going on about our 'better players' simply because they cost more. United have hungry players and a manager who sticks to his guns playing attacking football.

If we scouted better and actually brought in round pegs for round holes we would see a difference. The price we pay is not the important thing, but getting the right player is. Football really can be a simple game when it is donew well.

1 minute ago, Jeff King's dog said:

They play to a plan and they play for each other.

We've kept going on about our 'better players' simply because they cost more. United have hungry players and a manager who sticks to his guns playing attacking football.

If we scouted better and actually brought in round pegs for round holes we would see a difference. The price we pay is not the important thing, but getting the right player is. Football really can be a simple game when it is donew well.

Exactly , spot on mate . We really don't have better players . I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want more than a couple of our players max . The fact we over paid doesn't make them better , it just makes the club stupid