Winnall

6 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Joao 8 from 12 starts 

Reach from midfield 7 from 26 starts.

Both reasonable stats. Then we hit problems...

Fletcher 4 from 16 starts

Nuhiu 2 from 12 starts

Matias 4 from 15 starts.

Counterintuitively, Matias has a better minutes per goal ratio than Reach, averaging a goal every 335 minutes to Reach's goal every 339.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Why shouldn't Winnall have managed 35 minutes when he played 10 minutes at WBA, and half an hour against Luton? 

Only a guess on my part but I think it’s because he’ll be on from the start v Luton and play for around 60 minutes.

Without Joaos goals we'd be fizzed

the rest don't contribute enough and thats from midfield (excluding Reach) I sure as hell don't think Bannan contributes enough goals or assist wise neither .

we need some leggy runners because we are so bereft of attacking pace. someone to get the ball down and just run with it .. so lethargic at times

2 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Without Joaos goals we'd be fizzed

the rest don't contribute enough and thats from midfield (excluding Reach) I sure as hell don't think Bannan contributes enough goals or assist wise neither .

we need some leggy runners because we are so bereft of attacking pace. someone to get the ball down and just run with it .. so lethargic at times

Yes, I know it was a one off but the game against Villa where Clare played very well showed us just how much we miss the player who can take the ball up the pitch at pace. It gave us such a different option to our usual methodical pattern of play.

23 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

The lad needs a run of games. He has goals in him but needs a run of form to gain confidence. 

We were 2-0 down vs Hull and our answer was to bring on Nuhiu. We all knew this wasnt going to change anything. 

If Winnall needs games to be match ready, then why not chuck him on for 40 minutes when we were 2-0 down instead of Nuhiu? He cant get match ready if we dont play him.

he needs to be played, he might be the most 'all round complete' striker we have, and needs persevering with.

I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but ; Somewhere in the dark recesses of my fastly fading memory I seem to recall a fact that said Winnall had been the highest scoring ENGLISH striker for about two seasons before he joined us. Then we signed Rhodes and they both got sidelined ffs. :picnic:

17 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but ; Somewhere in the dark recesses of my fastly fading memory I seem to recall a fact that said Winnall had been the highest scoring ENGLISH striker for about two seasons before he joined us. Then we signed Rhodes and they both got sidelined ffs. :picnic:

Both have been up there in the scoring charts .. most goals in a calander year or since this date etc ...

Then we ruined em both! haha lol