Winnall

Just now, Quist said:

Interesting at end of his contract he actually looked as if he could play and gained a yard in pace. This season he has lost a yard and reverted to type.

Exactly he turned it on and performed consistently over a period of 5-6 months it wasn't a run of 4 games it was half a season... Now he can't even be bothered to warm up correctly or even acknowledge the support, win lose or draw at the end of the Birmingham game was a fine example Fletcher had to get hold of him and push him back on the pitch i mean just how pathetic is that? fans were buoyed and really got behind the team after they put in an impressive performance and the bloke clearly wanted to show he didn't care and couldn't wait to get off and leave i know people will see it as nothing but he has been doing this for months...

He's been so bad for the majority of his time here but this season he has gone to entirely new levels.

11 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Exactly he turned it on and performed consistently over a period of 5-6 months it wasn't a run of 4 games it was half a season... Now he can't even be bothered to warm up correctly or even acknowledge the support, win lose or draw at the end of the Birmingham game was a fine example Fletcher had to get hold of him and push him back on the pitch i mean just how pathetic is that? fans were buoyed and really got behind the team after they put in an impressive performance and the bloke clearly wanted to show he didn't care and couldn't wait to get off and leave i know people will see it as nothing but he has been doing this for months...

He's been so bad for the majority of his time here but this season he has gone to entirely new levels.

Should this be depths?

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, GerOwl said:

Stats still show our chance creation rate to be horrid. We could have Aguero up top and it wouldn't make a difference.

Reckon we'd score more with Aguero up front than Nuhui.

42 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I guess this is aimed at me :laugh:... And if you really think Nuhiu has done his best then you must be very easily pleased i have watched enough games to know that he has took the p**s this year. 

Nuhiu is what he is. Whether he tries hard or not, he's just not very good. 

The reliance on him shows how thin our squad is.

For over 2 years all of our strikers have looked poor when we dwell on the ball, try a slow passing build up and invariably lose possession before we get in the opponents half.  (As per Saturday )

Hooper suits this style of play but unfortunately has been injured for most of this time.

The forwards available have all looked better when when we get the ball forward quicker and we get players supporting the main striker. Last year under Jos we played this way  and saw what Joao, Nuhiu and FF could do, I am sure if Fletcher  had been fit he would have also had more goals to his credit,

Again Bullen got the ball forward quicker and the forwards looked better.

Until we get more players like Kieran Lee who can pass and move we need to give the forwards a chance by transitioning from defence to attack more quickly.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

I guess this is aimed at me :laugh:... And if you really think Nuhiu has done his best then you must be very easily pleased i have watched enough games to know that he has took the p**s this year. 

I said it at back end of last season, he was playing for a new contract... surprise, surprise he’s turned back into his normal self after gaining it. 

If people genuinely think Nuhiu is the answer to all our problems or is actually any good they need their heads checking. 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Yea it was aimed at you mate...Ive also watched enough games this year...enough to know Hooper hasn't even appeared in 'em...that puts Nuhiu ahead of him in my book...

unless of course you think Hooper influences proceedings from his sick bed...

You are right Nuhiu isn't good enough....but Hooper?..he's not even f.ookin' there!!!

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Couldn't agree with the OP more.

Nuihu... along with others.. should be blown away by the new manager..and let some fresh air in at S6.

It doesn't matter if you have your favourites or hold a position on these players.. they're part of the rot.

spot on Nuhui and the like are a major part of the rot

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea it was aimed at you mate...Ive also watched enough games this year...enough to know Hooper hasn't even appeared in 'em...that puts Nuhiu ahead of him in my book...

unless of course you think Hooper influences proceedings from his sick bed...

You are right Nuhiu isn't good enough....but Hooper?..he's not even f.ookin' there!!!

Hooper could be passed out on his king size bed that was placed in the middle of the 18 yard box but he would still be more of a goal threat than a fully fit Nuhiu. 

Edited by s6 owl

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Joao then.

You've proved my point there though really as the strikers are still scoring.

They're not though are they? Nowhere near enough, because we don't create enough chances. We're 27 league games into the season and our top scorer has 8 goals. There are 18 players in the division who have scored more goals than our top scorer, some of them are midfielders and some clubs have two players above him. 

Joao actually has a pretty decent goals per game record but after his 8 goals (half of which he's basically created for himself) our next highest scorer is a midfielder and our other two regular strikers have managed 4 and 2 goals respectively.  

Just now, Brando17 said:

spot on Nuhui and the like are a major part of the rot

They aren't..Abdi and Hooper are the rot, they sit rotting doing nowt...Nuhiu plays...Now fair enough, he is not good enough, but at least he is an option...Hooper and Abdi aren't even a f.ookin' option...

ROT?...thats something that stands stagnant doing nothing....Slow as he is..at least Nuhiu f.ookin' moves

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I agree with you there mate...they need shifting....But anyone who slates nuhiu alongside "praising" Hooper is off his head...

Hooper is out the mix, like Abdi, and some folk have better things to say about players who haven't even tipped for a f.ookin' year than a player who at least is available, and does his best, even if its limited....Its a lot more than some of these bloody wasters are giving to the cause...The fattest, daftest, fan gives more to the cause than these tosspots just by shoutin' "Offside" from the kop!

take it you didn't go yesterday? he couldn't jump an inch to try to win a ball and quite rightly got stick from us for it. he has his 2 year deal and now might as well sit on his fat arse as he is offering absolutely nothing on the pitch.