Fresh Blood

That’s what’s desperately needed to move forward. 

This group of players have gone stale. 

As someone mentioned in another post that we hardly strengthened or shipped players out since playoff defeat. 

Obviously new signings don’t always work but competition is needed to kick players up the ar$e who take things for granted. 

Yes injuries imo have been the major part of our demise, we must be the unluckiest team ever with length of time players are out. 

Summer can’t come soon enough 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Chansiri must learn when to stick and when to twist. Reach was the last good signing we made, and that was 2+1/2yrs ago. We must move on. 

3 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I still can’t get my head around how awful our recruitment has been for the last few windows. 

We are literally worse than 2016 despite spending a small fortune. 

It really takes some doing doesn't it.

Bizarre.

13 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It really takes some doing doesn't it.

Bizarre.

Define bizarre: spending between 10-15 million (estimates vary) on Rhodes, Abdi and Van Aken and not having anything left because of FFP to sign Venancio for less than a million.

If you wrote it a fiction novel it would have zero credility.

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Chansiri must learn when to stick and when to twist. Reach was the last good signing we made, and that was 2+1/2yrs ago. We must move on. 

Half of our problem is because DC refuses to sell players . This has led to a bloated squad of aging players 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Half of our problem is because DC refuses to sell players . This has led to a bloated squad of aging players 

Agree mate..But I think that has to change this year..Bruce must have been offered something, its unlikely its new money FFP would naysay that...So its got to be selling...

I fear we sell Bannan Reach Westwood etc...and still have numerous wasters on the books

2 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Define bizarre: spending between 10-15 million (estimates vary) on Rhodes, Abdi and Van Aken and not having anything left because of FFP to sign Venancio for less than a million.

If you wrote it a fiction novel it would have zero credility.

Estimated prices...

Rhodes 8m

Abdi 2m

VA 4m

14m spent and none of them play. Absolutely bizarre.

imagine the wages wasted on them. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

People still clinging onto the play off final team.

"They might come good again..."

Spoiler:

They won't. 

This is absolutely spot on and some of these players are and have blocked progress of younger players.

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I still can’t get my head around how awful our recruitment has been for the last few windows. 

We are literally worse than 2016 despite spending a small fortune. 

We managed to recruit so many similar players it was unbelievable. Most played on left side and any on right side were left footed. Complete areas where we required a player were ignored and only player we signed who could tackle we failed to sign permanently. Anybody who knows football (watched played, coached) could see issues and when this was happening we never had local press once ask why we only signed players from a few clubs and we keep buying players in areas where we already had players.

Guest wilyfox
22 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Agree mate..But I think that has to change this year..Bruce must have been offered something, its unlikely its new money FFP would naysay that...So its got to be selling...

I fear we sell Bannan Reach Westwood etc...and still have numerous wasters on the books

Why fear a solution to our problems? Outward movement HAS to happen. We won't evolve until DC understands that. He collects players like matchbox cars he can hoard and polish. 

50 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Talk on twit-book that we could see the TUF Arena soon after Hillsborough gets sold to Chansiri senior and it brings in money for transfers 

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Talk on twit-book that we could see the TUF Arena soon after Hillsborough gets sold to Chansiri senior and it brings in money for transfers 

Thats been "talk" for ages....Its pointless pondering "what ifs"

The sensible route is to look at the options we have as things stand now...and its hardly a mouthwatering prospect, but you go with what you have...owt else is a bonus