‘We will just replace him’

bannan and reach played poor we all agree ,but quite often these 2 do very little ,reach pulls out of most challenges we have all seen that, bannan cant tackle,cant score cant run so if he has a bad game its like playing with 10 men, ive said all season its midfield whats our problem

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

bannan and reach played poor we all agree ,but quite often these 2 do very little ,reach pulls out of most challenges we have all seen that, bannan cant tackle,cant score cant run so if he has a bad game its like playing with 10 men, ive said all season its midfield whats our problem

If we did not have these 2 players we would in the relegation zone. Simple

2 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

I have worked out, that just by goals, not by assists or any defending or passing moves, they have won us a combined 8 points. This would put us 21st, just one place and one point above the relegation zone. They are very important.

4 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

why would we? instead we would have 2 stronger players in that area ,goal of the month or goal of the season is what reach is good at,its the rest of his game whats lacking . as for bannan when he has a good game he is an asset ,when he don't like yesterday and quite a few other times this and lasts season he is a passenger . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

I have worked out, that just by goals, not by assists or any defending or passing moves, they have won us a combined 8 points. This would put us 21st, just one place and one point above the relegation zone. They are very important.

Ridiculous statement 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

why would we? instead we would have 2 stronger players in that area ,goal of the month or goal of the season is what reach is good at,its the rest of his game whats lacking . as for bannan when he has a good game he is an asset ,when he don't like yesterday and quite a few other times this and lasts season he is a passenger . 

Do you think Jones and Kirby are better players? I certainly don't.

7 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Many people after 1 game have decided we want to sell Bannan and Reach because they are ‘weak’ and ‘give the ball away cheaply’. If we did this, there is no way we would replace them. Players like this are individual and unique, which is why clubs are willing to pay money for them. We would not be able to find a currently ready replacement for either of them. Both have won us points on their own. If we didn’t have them, I could see us being much closer to relegation zone. Just my thoughts.

Very true. They are game changers. Not every game though, or they'd be in the Premier League.

Same with Joao and Forestieri. They can reach the heights, but not consistently.

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Very true. They are game changers. Not every game though, or they'd be in the Premier League.

Same with Joao and Forestieri. They can reach the heights, but not consistently.

If you swapped FF and Reach’s appearance record over the last 3 years I’d suggest we’d have gone up 

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

Do you think Jones and Kirby are better players? I certainly don't.

of coarse not ,jones given a 3 year deal by the clown , and young Kirby is nowhere near ready for league football never mind our 1st team . I like bannan and reach on there day but there having too many off days and other nothing when there not playing well ,ie getting stuck in ,keeping us solid. 

8 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Many people after 1 game have decided we want to sell Bannan and Reach because they are ‘weak’ and ‘give the ball away cheaply’. If we did this, there is no way we would replace them. Players like this are individual and unique, which is why clubs are willing to pay money for them. We would not be able to find a currently ready replacement for either of them. Both have won us points on their own. If we didn’t have them, I could see us being much closer to relegation zone. Just my thoughts.

Yep yep yep.

If we sold Bannan & Reach tomorrow the cash we'd get still wouldn't be enough to replace what they bring to this team, hence why I still think they will both be prominent figures in Bruces plans going forward. 

7 hours ago, Miffed said:

Bannan has had 2/3 bad games recently. The problem is, when Bannan is off his game then so are the team as they rely on him way too much. There is no one else in the squad who can take control of a game, no one else who can step up and be creative. 

I also believe that teams target him. Stop Bannan and you stop Wednesday.

we can’t afford to be dependent on just one player. 

I don't think only having 1 creative player like Bannan in the team is that much of an issue, he is good enough to make it work. The problem is he doesn't have anybody on his level to play with. The triangles and good football we saw back when CC was in charge was almost always involving FF, Wallace, Bannan, Lee and Hooper...now we only have 1 of those players available in Bannan, FF has been too injury prone for the last 18 months and has struggled to find form when fit.

That's the real problem the squad seriously lacks quality, especially in wider areas...sounds silly but even the likes of Pudil, Sasso and Lopez were all very good footballers - given managerial changes and a few questionable signings/departures later we've lost so much quality in the side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

We wouldn’t be able to replace Bannan. Reach is replaceable though

Do tell?

Not sure he is....find me another 25 year old English midfielder, who can play on the left, right or through the middle, can use both feet, works hard, can shoot, pass with a great attitude?

Having said that, if we could get some ridiculous club like Newcastle to cough up £15million for him I would probably sell...every player has his price and given all his very good qualities above we are strapped for cash and that money could bring us in 4/5 solid B+ core players...in that scenario he is totally replaceable i guess lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, agentwalker said:

I think its hard to tell with the players at the moment. At times you could argue there's a player there, but is this due to the lack of quality of the players around them making them look better than what they actually are?

Every so often you start to ask the question, is Bannan really as good as you think he is? He's a worker yes and will run his legs off for 90 mins every game. He tries 20-30 60-yard wonder balls per game and perhaps 1-2 find their man. His shooting is nearly on par with what you expect from a defender. Arguably if you stuck him in any of the top 4 sides in the league he'd probably be on the bench at best. 

I think some fans need to stop thinking of Bannan and Reach as these top class players all the time, thinking we can get 15-20 million.

Successful teams in this division generally don't have a stand out star player pulling the strings every game. They build their success on performing as a team and not on 1-2 individuals as we do.

I'd be half tempted if I was the coach in training to just pull Bannan, Reach and FF to one side and let the others just play on their own, might actually make a few take more responsibility and try something instead of always looking for a pass to Bannan or Reach. 

If you look at those players’ contributions to SWFC over the past 2-3 years - and, more terrifyingly, if you imagine where we’d be now if we’d never have had either of them - it’s clear they’ve been worth c. £15m *to us*. The mistake people make is failing to recognise that they’d not be worth half that to a balanced side.

O.K., sell Reach & Bannan,….Who's interested in buying? At what price? Who's available, at least as talented, and willing to sign on with SWFC?  As has been said, any proceeds from the sale of Reach and/or Bannan will go to FFP, but, you got to catch up on your FFP bill, before you can spend another pound on a player.  In any case, Bruce, his Advisors, Chansiri, and his Accountants, will make the decisions regarding buying-selling-loaning players.  Going to be interesting, starting in February of 2019.  

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 hours ago, torres said:

Bannan on his day would be difficult to replace but by no means impossible 

Reach wouldn’t be 

A fully fit Kieran Lee would replace Reach tomorrow!