Jump to content
Tony Pulis

‘We will just replace him’

Recommended Posts

Reach and Bannan had a poor game that's all.

We had much weaker performers all over the park yesterday.

They are the ones we need shot of.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan on his day would be difficult to replace but by no means impossible 

 

Reach wouldn’t be 

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its hard to tell with the players at the moment. At times you could argue there's a player there, but is this due to the lack of quality of the players around them making them look better than what they actually are?

 

Every so often you start to ask the question, is Bannan really as good as you think he is? He's a worker yes and will run his legs off for 90 mins every game. He tries 20-30 60-yard wonder balls per game and perhaps 1-2 find their man. His shooting is nearly on par with what you expect from a defender. Arguably if you stuck him in any of the top 4 sides in the league he'd probably be on the bench at best. 

 

I think some fans need to stop thinking of Bannan and Reach as these top class players all the time, thinking we can get 15-20 million.

 

Successful teams in this division generally don't have a stand out star player pulling the strings every game. They build their success on performing as a team and not on 1-2 individuals as we do.

 

I'd be half tempted if I was the coach in training to just pull Bannan, Reach and FF to one side and let the others just play on their own, might actually make a few take more responsibility and try something instead of always looking for a pass to Bannan or Reach. 

Edited by agentwalker
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Reach and Bannan had a poor game that's all.

We had much weaker performers all over the park yesterday.

They are the ones we need shot of.

Problem is the weaker ones arent worth anything and we need to raise cash, why does nobody get this?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Problem is the weaker ones arent worth anything and we need to raise cash, why does nobody get this?

Ok, so we sell them.

Then what ?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan and Reach were dreadful yesterday there’s no denying that, not only were they dreadful but they didn’t look interested either. 

 

On the flip side I’m quite confident if they weren’t in the team this season so far then we’d be in the bottom 3. 

 

Reach needs to play out wide as he doesn’t influence the game enough in the middle to play there. He’s not creative enough as a 10 and he doesn’t tackle so he gets a bit lost in there. On Bannan he can only pick out passes from his deep lying position if players are making runs in front of him which doesn’t happen. In the system we play we don’t need Bannan sitting deep we need him driving forward which he doesn’t seem to like doing. 

 

Regarding letting them go, if we can get stupid offers for them then yeah let them go and freshen the team up. 

 

Nixon seems to think we are after a RB CB and striker. I’d rather a mobile CM and a left back as preference.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Reach and Bannan had a poor game that's all.

We had much weaker performers all over the park yesterday.

They are the ones we need shot of.

I've never been convinced by Fletcher. He's effectively he's our main striker / target man. 

Things may improve if he had a quicker player to feed off his knock downs, but for me he has to go at the end of this season. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This place is full of crackpots. Seriously unhinged. Giving it a wide berth from now on. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vulva said:

This place is full of crackpots. Seriously unhinged. Giving it a wide berth from now on. 

 

Its always been the same really, although it does seem the lunatics have finally taken over the asylum 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I've never been convinced by Fletcher. He's effectively he's our main striker / target man. 

Things may improve if he had a quicker player to feed off his knock downs, but for me he has to go at the end of this season. 

 

He gets next to no support, we are incredibly poor going forward as our lack of goals shows - sadly our defensive side isn’t any good either 

 

Watching other teams shows up how very slow and unathletic we are as a team.

 

Bar Hutchinson we don’t have an aggressive bone in our bodies. 

 

I’d suggest player for player we have a much better squad ability wise than Leeds or the pigs. Work rate wise, strength and aggression wise and just down right will and desire wise we are a million miles behind 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vulva said:

This place is full of crackpots. Seriously unhinged. Giving it a wide berth from now on. 

It's nice and tranquil compared to the Dressing Room.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 game? ,been saying reach is sh!t and overrated for 2 seasons

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the problem motivation?

Will Bruce motivate them?

If they don't react to Bruce then they arnt worth keeping. It's perhaps unfortunate that he won't get chance to get rid of such players before the end of January. He might see what he wants to see and give instructions as to who he doesn't want to keep. Can't see him not having anything at all to do with the squad except he won't be there in person. Instructions will be going to Steve2 & Steve3 and Mr Chansiri.

The first 4 matches after JL departure the team were playing for Bullen. 

Poor little darlings now confused as to who they are playing for.

WTF:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

1 game? ,been saying reach is sh!t and overrated for 2 seasons

 

 

Sh!t? Cmon now, log off for a bit mate 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan has had 2/3 bad games recently. The problem is, when Bannan is off his game then so are the team as they rely on him way too much. There is no one else in the squad who can take control of a game, no one else who can step up and be creative. 

 

I also believe that teams target him. Stop Bannan and you stop Wednesday.

 

we can’t afford to be dependent on just one player. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, torres said:

 

He gets next to no support, we are incredibly poor going forward as our lack of goals shows - sadly our defensive side isn’t any good either 

 

Watching other teams shows up how very slow and unathletic we are as a team.

 

Bar Hutchinson we don’t have an aggressive bone in our bodies. 

 

I’d suggest player for player we have a much better squad ability wise than Leeds or the pigs. Work rate wise, strength and aggression wise and just down right will and desire wise we are a million miles behind 

I'm confused, in an earlier post you said it wouldn't be difficult to replace Reach. Now you are saying we are incredibly poor going forward, yet Reach is our second leading scorer with 6 and is joint first with assists. All this playing out of position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Willow Owl said:

I'm confused, in an earlier post you said it wouldn't be difficult to replace Reach. Now you are saying we are incredibly poor going forward, yet Reach is our second leading scorer with 6 and is joint first with assists. All this playing out of position. 

 

It wouldn’t be hard to replace him and we are poor going forward-not sure what you don’t get!?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...