‘We will just replace him’

40 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

A fully fit Kieran Lee would replace Reach tomorrow!

And there lies the problem , living in the past . 

Its funny how other teams seem to loan young talent i.e. Derby and they are successful , that never happens here . Many clubs (dare I say it the pigs) unearth lower league talent on the cheap . It's out there if you look , We as a club and fan base seem obsessed with past it dross and players that used to be good and who would be amazing if they were 'fully fit' 

Edited by james o connor

10 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

If we did not have these 2 players we would in the relegation zone. Simple

And yet this argument is disproved by every other team in the division (bar the bottom three of course) who have found a way to play without Bannan & Reach. 

Whilst I think both are great players, to say without them we’d be anything is a prediction at best, and there are many many clubs both above us and below us who are more competitive with arguably weaker players in those positions. 

As a championship club, to be a sustainable challenger for promotion you need to sell players. I imagine Leeds fans thought they’d never replace Wood, arguably they haven’t as Wood is a fantastic old school number nine. But there they are up there at the top of the tree playing in a different way, same with Derby and countless players, same with the pigs, same with well pretty much everyone else. 

If we are to improve we must get better at finding the next Fessi, next Bannan, next Lee, next Reach not continue to let their values go down whilst their contracts go up. 

You’ve said on other posts about how there’s no players that we could replace them with that would be inexpensive. Just look through the teams in the league or the leagues transfers to see how wrong that is. 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

And there lies the problem , living in the past . 

Its funny how other teams seem to loan young talent i.e. Derby and they are successful , that never happens here . Many clubs (dare I say it the pigs) unearth lower league talent on the cheap . It's out there if you look , We as a club and fan base seem obsessed with past it dross and players that used to be good and who would be amazing if they were 'fully fit' 

42 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

A fully fit Kieran Lee would replace Reach tomorrow!

I agree with both these posts, Kieran Lee fit was an absolutely awesome player at this level and I think many underrated him.  Trouble is he like many for one reason or another have peaked and declined, yet contracts remain high or worse go up! 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I agree with both these posts, Kieran Lee fit was an absolutely awesome player at this level and I think many underrated him.  Trouble is he like many for one reason or another have peaked and declined, yet contracts remain high or worse go up! 

Everybody remembers lee was good but he's been finished for two years and in that time we have signed past it players like Boyd or players not upto scratch in pelupessy. We need to stop living in the past , get these crocks shipped out and start re building 

Just now, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Logical approach.

But think we are at much greater risk of relegation without them.

I guess we'll see what happens in Jan.

Agree the risk is higher but thats what we have, thats where taking your eye off the ball (excuse the pun) leaves you