‘We will just replace him’

Many people after 1 game have decided we want to sell Bannan and Reach because they are ‘weak’ and ‘give the ball away cheaply’. If we did this, there is no way we would replace them. Players like this are individual and unique, which is why clubs are willing to pay money for them. We would not be able to find a currently ready replacement for either of them. Both have won us points on their own. If we didn’t have them, I could see us being much closer to relegation zone. Just my thoughts.

• Thanks 4

Classic Owlstalk meltdown in response to the result.

Hadn't lost since Luhukay got the boot.

Yesterday we lose away from home, to a team that had already won 5 (FIVE) Championship games on the bounce before that.

Therefore sacking Luhukay WASN'T the answer and Westwood and Hutchinson DON'T improve the team.

Amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think its hard to tell with the players at the moment. At times you could argue there's a player there, but is this due to the lack of quality of the players around them making them look better than what they actually are?

Every so often you start to ask the question, is Bannan really as good as you think he is? He's a worker yes and will run his legs off for 90 mins every game. He tries 20-30 60-yard wonder balls per game and perhaps 1-2 find their man. His shooting is nearly on par with what you expect from a defender. Arguably if you stuck him in any of the top 4 sides in the league he'd probably be on the bench at best. 

I think some fans need to stop thinking of Bannan and Reach as these top class players all the time, thinking we can get 15-20 million.

Successful teams in this division generally don't have a stand out star player pulling the strings every game. They build their success on performing as a team and not on 1-2 individuals as we do.

I'd be half tempted if I was the coach in training to just pull Bannan, Reach and FF to one side and let the others just play on their own, might actually make a few take more responsibility and try something instead of always looking for a pass to Bannan or Reach. 

Edited by agentwalker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Reach and Bannan had a poor game that's all.

We had much weaker performers all over the park yesterday.

They are the ones we need shot of.

Problem is the weaker ones arent worth anything and we need to raise cash, why does nobody get this?

Bannan and Reach were dreadful yesterday there’s no denying that, not only were they dreadful but they didn’t look interested either. 

On the flip side I’m quite confident if they weren’t in the team this season so far then we’d be in the bottom 3. 

Reach needs to play out wide as he doesn’t influence the game enough in the middle to play there. He’s not creative enough as a 10 and he doesn’t tackle so he gets a bit lost in there. On Bannan he can only pick out passes from his deep lying position if players are making runs in front of him which doesn’t happen. In the system we play we don’t need Bannan sitting deep we need him driving forward which he doesn’t seem to like doing. 

Regarding letting them go, if we can get stupid offers for them then yeah let them go and freshen the team up. 

Nixon seems to think we are after a RB CB and striker. I’d rather a mobile CM and a left back as preference.

28 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Reach and Bannan had a poor game that's all.

We had much weaker performers all over the park yesterday.

They are the ones we need shot of.

I've never been convinced by Fletcher. He's effectively he's our main striker / target man. 

Things may improve if he had a quicker player to feed off his knock downs, but for me he has to go at the end of this season. 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I've never been convinced by Fletcher. He's effectively he's our main striker / target man. 

Things may improve if he had a quicker player to feed off his knock downs, but for me he has to go at the end of this season. 

He gets next to no support, we are incredibly poor going forward as our lack of goals shows - sadly our defensive side isn’t any good either 

Watching other teams shows up how very slow and unathletic we are as a team.

Bar Hutchinson we don’t have an aggressive bone in our bodies. 

I’d suggest player for player we have a much better squad ability wise than Leeds or the pigs. Work rate wise, strength and aggression wise and just down right will and desire wise we are a million miles behind 

Bannan has had 2/3 bad games recently. The problem is, when Bannan is off his game then so are the team as they rely on him way too much. There is no one else in the squad who can take control of a game, no one else who can step up and be creative. 

I also believe that teams target him. Stop Bannan and you stop Wednesday.

we can’t afford to be dependent on just one player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
11 minutes ago, torres said:

He gets next to no support, we are incredibly poor going forward as our lack of goals shows - sadly our defensive side isn’t any good either 

Watching other teams shows up how very slow and unathletic we are as a team.

Bar Hutchinson we don’t have an aggressive bone in our bodies. 

I’d suggest player for player we have a much better squad ability wise than Leeds or the pigs. Work rate wise, strength and aggression wise and just down right will and desire wise we are a million miles behind 

I'm confused, in an earlier post you said it wouldn't be difficult to replace Reach. Now you are saying we are incredibly poor going forward, yet Reach is our second leading scorer with 6 and is joint first with assists. All this playing out of position. 

Just now, Willow Owl said:

I'm confused, in an earlier post you said it wouldn't be difficult to replace Reach. Now you are saying we are incredibly poor going forward, yet Reach is our second leading scorer with 6 and is joint first with assists. All this playing out of position. 

It wouldn’t be hard to replace him and we are poor going forward-not sure what you don’t get!?

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, torres said:

It wouldn’t be hard to replace him and we are poor going forward-not sure what you don’t get!?

Without his goals and assists we'd be bottom three. So obviously he is helping massively in a side that is poor going forward. Who would you replace him with if not difficult?