Stop the blame game.

I know it's what we do, we look to attribute blame for defeats.

But if Bullen was still in charge we would still have lost. Hull are simply much better than us. 

Agnew is not part of the problem ffs. Let's not project our collective negativity and frustration onto a management team that has barely even got started. 

Stop the blame threads. Stop the 'should have stuck with Bullen' threads. They are premature and poisonous (I know it's a string word but it's true) . Think before you post ffs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

But if Bullen was still in charge we would still have lost. Hull are simply much better than us. 

Agnew is not part of the problem ffs. Let's not project our collective negativity and frustration onto a management team that has barely even got started. 

Stop the blame threads. Stop the 'should have stuck with Bullen' threads. They are premature and poisonous (I know it's a string word but it's true) . Think before you post ffs. 

I was sat with my mate in the Hull end and he’s a season ticket holder and knows his football (having played and coached at an amateur level). He commented on a number of their players who are currently unrecognisable from last season and earlier this season. Even older players like Campbell who has suddenly found energy from nowhere. I guess it just shows what can happen when everything clicks.  Their manager has obviously found the magic formula with that squad of players, but a few months ago they were bottom of the league. 

Lets see what Bruce makes of our lot before throwing the baby out with the bath water. I’m sure there is dead wood to be removed, but hopefully he’ll get a tune out of some of the existing squad. 

• Like 2

We don't know what the players have been asked to do differently (if any) between Agnew and Bullen. West Brom are much better than us but we didn't lose there and gave a good account of ourselves. 

That said I do agree with the sentiment. This squad is way past its sell by date which was the defeat to Hudds in the playoffs. That's when the change should have been made, new manager brought in, fresh ideas and allowed him to shift some players out and bring in some new ones. Arguably the players then had more resale value than they do now.

We still have fans who think this squad is top six Championship standard, I had us down as bottom third at the start of the season as in my eyes we were always going to have injury issues and needed at the very minimum two fullbacks and a centre half to get us to an upper mid table team.

When you had a new boss at work did you put a bit more effort in and tried to impress ?

Most people would.

Footballers being like most people do the same.

Therefore it points to fact that maybe the players are not as good as they think they are or we would like them to be.

Apart from the odd player our squad is poor for the standard we are playing at, lower mid table I would say.

Our squad is 2/3 years behind the times. They have not improved while other squads have, meaning we have gone backwards.

We need a clear out and freshening up, which should have happened 2 or 3 seasons ago.

One other thing about yesterday. The young Hull winger,Jarrod Bowen, killed us yesterday and he was signed from Hereford after they dropped out of the football league by Bruce in 2014. It’s obviously taken a few years for the lad to blossom, but hopefully he’s an indication that Bruce has more to him than just buying players who are the finished article.

• Like 2

I'll tell thee, its that Beholders fault. This blame game lark is easy.

On a Serious note, we look like what we are, a team without a manager. 

7 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

It does all seem a bit bananas. After apparently strong performances at Boro and WBA there was excitable talk of a play off challenge - which didn't seem massively realistic.

Now there's by all accounts a terrible performance and all hell breaks loose.

Some perspective would be nice.

So would I but we're both looking in the wrong place lol

Bruce isnt even here yet and its started. This season is a writeoff. Lets accept it as such. Next year will be the time to make an opinion when we have had a preseason and made squad changes. People berating coaches who have been here a week is a joke

Edited by ZicoSterland2

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

What a joke...the OP did nothing but this and when pulled changed his username and hid lol 

yup hull may have still beaten us but still its the manor of a performance and its happening way too many times this season. If we see them trying and at least having a shot every now we might something to bloody smile about. Wish there was a fast forward option to get rid of the crap for next season.