Why the urgency?

Guest Hirst1867

Guest Hirst1867

I don't understand what was the urgency to ditch Bullen as caretaker

The team were playing with new found confidence, we were attacking and counter attacking with pace, the players looked happy to be working under Bullen, He'd dealt with the re-introduction of senior pro's that Jos had fooked over, and we were unbeaten.

I just don't understand what the urgency was to change things - if the intention was for Bruce to start in Feb - why not just wait til Feb? Both performances under Agnew have been flat as farts - and we've gone back to being negative and playing the ball around our defence, and knocking it backwards a lot from our midfield. And not putting the opposition under threat and having them worry about us and how we play.

Frankly, its been f***** sh it

The players should now be taking a lot of the blame tbh. We have our management scenario sorted. The players are a joke. Overpaid wasters that have failed every year with us. They don't really fancy it do they? Compare that to the top teams in this league that bust a gut to win. Thank goodness half the squad is leaving. 

• Like 4

I'd have kept Bullen on that bit longer...not sure he'd have beaten Hull but guess we would have played with more spirit..and be going to the next round of the cup..also not sure he wanted it , even if asked... as I think he was wanting a quick turnaround for the new regime ...

We won't find any kind of consistency until we've injected a core of players into that squad that are mentally robust. We've got some decent players but frankly, none of them has the desire or bloody-mindedness required to do well in this league.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

I don't understand what was the urgency to ditch Bullen as caretaker

The team were playing with new found confidence, we were attacking and counter attacking with pace, the players looked happy to be working under Bullen, He'd dealt with the re-introduction of senior pro's that Jos had fooked over, and we were unbeaten.

I just don't understand what the urgency was to change things - if the intention was for Bruce to start in Feb - why not just wait til Feb? Both performances under Agnew have been flat as farts - and we've gone back to being negative and playing the ball around our defence, and knocking it backwards a lot from our midfield. And not putting the opposition under threat and having them worry about us and how we play.

Frankly, its been f***** sh it

Not disagreeing but as soon as Bullen lost a game (and he would have cos we're not that good) we'd have fans questioning why Bruce's men werent getting involved so they could prepare for when he takes over. Club blamed either way.

15 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The players should now be taking a lot of the blame tbh. We have our management scenario sorted. The players are a joke. Overpaid wasters that have failed every year with us. They don't really fancy it do they? Compare that to the top teams in this league that bust a gut to win. Thank goodness half the squad is leaving. 

Agree, we've been through several managers, coaches and still see the same types of non performances with the same common denominator.

I'm sick of these plauers failing to turn up and take the wee wee out of the club and fans.

Sale of nobody is off limits for me at the right money, although were going to have to give most of them away for free. This squad needs a major refresh this summer.

....thing is, although we lacked the cutting edge that Hull did yesterday, our performance v Birmingham wasn't that dissimilar to Hull's yesterday. Fast, free flowing one touch football the likes of which we haven't played for a couple of years now.

Against quicker, more powerful sides we do struggle though.  Our lack of physicality in key positions (well actually only Hutchinson of yesterday's midfield can put a tackle in and neither fullback are erm... 'particularly' strong,) lets us down again and again and must be addressed if we're going to improve.

3 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

....thing is, although we lacked the cutting edge that Hull did yesterday, our performance v Birmingham wasn't that dissimilar to Hull's yesterday. Fast, free flowing one touch football the likes of which we haven't played for a couple of years now.

Against quicker, more powerful sides we do struggle though.  Our lack of physicality in key positions (well actually only Hutchinson of yesterday's midfield can put a tackle in and neither fullback are erm... 'particularly' strong,) lets us down again and again and must be addressed if we're going to improve.

If you look at Leeds, lots of youngsters, not big, half of them still kids, you dont need size, you need pace, energy, hunger and drive. Pressure all over the pitch. We have none of that.

23 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Basically we’re still a one man team. When Forestieri isn’t around...we’re dogger

He is the difference between a mid/lower half table team and one who can be in and around the play-offs. Him being available and how Bruce uses him will be key certainly in the short term.

8 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He is the difference between a mid/lower half table team and one who can be in and around the play-offs. Him being available and how Bruce uses him will be key certainly in the short term.

He's delivered nothing for 2 years and is living on past reputation.

He isn't the answer, and hoping he is won't help us move forward.

Yay another reactionary hindsight  thread, where were you 2 weeks ago?

We’d have got hammered yesterday no matter who was in charge

11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's delivered nothing for 2 years and is living on past reputation.

He isn't the answer, and hoping he is won't help us move forward.

I think that's a bit harsh. Was Top Scorer the season after the play-off final and missed 3/4 of last season through injury but still managed to find the back of the net on 5 occasions. 

I would agree with you with regards to this season so far but I wouldn't be surprised to see him have an impact before the end of the season under Bruce. Whether he's the long term answer is another question entirely but we may need him to be for the next 18 months at least?

Edited by Great Big Galaa