How are we feeling ?

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Disappointed that once again a team of hard running battlers we capitulated.

To be honest though I feared the worst.

Both players and coaches talking about what a talented group of footballers they were during the week.

There are times when I think they really believe it and they only have to turn up to win.

Exactly what Mr Bruce needs to sort.

To be honest I’m not feeling too chipper but I feel worse is to come. I predict that come May, owls fans all over the world are going to have to be very brave but brave we will be . It fills me with great sadness 

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I wasn’t expecting all this “ the players didn’t turn up today, they are really hurting in that changing room “ rounduns again.

We’ve got some weak characters in our squad who believe their own hype... and I think that we believe it too, blind loyalty and all that.

The warning signs were there against Luton.. but I put it down as a one off.

The major thing for me is Bruce hopefully being in charge of recruitment.

He has an eye for a player and doesn`t drop too many boll***s in the transfer market, give him three windows to wheel and deal and I think we will have a much better , more balanced squad with glaring deficiencies addressed.

15 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

Not angry at the performance yesterday, just disappointed. Was the same XI that played well against Birmingham.

Hull dominated from the start and should've scored more than 3.

Just going through the motions really. Got a big summer ahead.

A long time until the summer

14 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

Not angry at the performance yesterday, just disappointed. Was the same XI that played well against Birmingham.

Hull dominated from the start and should've scored more than 3.

Just going through the motions really. Got a big summer ahead.

There's too many on the back seat of the tandem not peddling.

That was NOT a performance.

Some of us lot had stars in their eyes about hitting the top six, it was always a none starter. In terms of importance following the cup draw the replay at Luton was elevated way beyond the game at Hull. The players are aware of this Our eggs at the moment are in the financial basket that Stamford Bridge represents. We will perform on Tuesday. (I hope) lol

• Like 1

The playoffs are gone now we have just got to realise it. I think Bruce will make a difference when here and can see us finishing top half hopefully. The pigs will be up no doubt about it such a shame the players giving all for them at the moment will not be playing premiership football as they will be simply blown away if the bog roll prince and mccabe don't provide funds and can honestly see them not buying anyone at all as both of them pocket the profits 

I'm getting sick and tired af of some moaning over and over about Leeds and the Pigs.. We're stooping to the level of their fans who are obsessing over Wednesday, just give it a flipping rest and focus on what we can do something about, our own team.

We're completely out of form and still low on confidence, had a good run after JL got sacked with Bullen keeping things simple, and I think it's a matter of taking a step back, getting basics done right and getting each every player to take a good look at themselves, are they really up for it. Demand more from them, they're professional footballers, now do their but and work hard on the training pitch and in every match. Dig in, even if results have to be grinder out, work for it, fans won't mind if we lose as long as they see a great effort... and losses will happen, just don't implode because of it.

Come on Wednesday, get our own game sorted and give it a rest bothering about the others!

8 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

I'm getting sick and tired af of some moaning over and over about Leeds and the Pigs.. We're stooping to the level of their fans who are obsessing over Wednesday, just give it a flipping rest and focus on what we can do something about, our own team.

We're completely out of form and still low on confidence, had a good run after JL got sacked with Bullen keeping things simple, and I think it's a matter of taking a step back, getting basics done right and getting each every player to take a good look at themselves, are they really up for it. Demand more from them, they're professional footballers, now do their but and work hard on the training pitch and in every match. Dig in, even if results have to be grinder out, work for it, fans won't mind if we lose as long as they see a great effort... and losses will happen, just don't implode because of it.

Come on Wednesday, get our own game sorted and give it a rest bothering about the others!

Good post, and just to pick up the 2 points above highlighted. I do feel there is some justification in fans highlighting the current fortunes of Leeds and Sheff Utd. On paper, both have in my opinion, inferior squads to us, but both seem to have a great squad mentality and attitude. They are delivering where it counts, on the pitch, and if I am being honest, the moaning about them is jealousy, pure and simple, because they are achieving and we are not.

Totally agree about the players, but how much encouragement do they need ? Too many of our squad have had it too easy for too long, and I genuinely think that a more disciplined, structured  and stricter regime puts them about, and they just don't  like it. If there was genuine competition for places, I think we would see a different side completely, but as there isn't, then players can perform badly week after week with no fear of getting dropped.

17 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

The playoffs are gone now we have just got to realise it. I think Bruce will make a difference when here and can see us finishing top half hopefully. The pigs will be up no doubt about it such a shame the players giving all for them at the moment will not be playing premiership football as they will be simply blown away if the bog roll prince and mccabe don't provide funds and can honestly see them not buying anyone at all as both of them pocket the profits 

I think most of us realised that back in August mate.

Like i've said before, the sooner we get to 50 points this season the better

3 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

I think most of us realised that back in August mate.

Like i've said before, the sooner we get to 50 points this season the better

Them b*stards are already there for fizz sake 

On 13/01/2019 at 00:47, northeastowl said:

Let’s be honest I couldn’t give a fizz about Leeds or the pigs. The only thing I care about is us

This sums it up for me. Don't get me wrong when Leeds or Sheff U mess up it's funny. But them doing well doesn't bother me. I want to beat them and get 6 or 4 points from them every year. But apart from that how well they are doing doesn't concern me too much. If we finish mid table and beat the pigs in March that is a good season overall. As for what they do, as long as we beat them when we play them i don't care.

Guest LittleG

Not bothered about Leeds or United; whatever they do on pitch bears no reflection on Wednesdays performance or result. 

Apart from the obvious defences throughout our side, one of the main issues is that we lack leaders on the pitch. We could do with Bruce signing a couple of strong, take no nonsense vocal players to take charge on the pitch and get them organised and energised