Reach

Everybody was poor yesterday but take away Reach who will create chances? Who will chip in with goals from midfield?

Very unfair to single him out. He has one bad game and people want rid. If we have any aspirations for promotion, we can't be losing players like him.

He’s our best player. We need to build the team around him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

Everybody was poor yesterday but take away Reach who will create chances? Who will chip in with goals from midfield?

Very unfair to single him out. He has one bad game and people want rid. If we have any aspirations for promotion, we can't be losing players like him.

He’s our best player. We need to build the team around him.

One bad game?? 

If this was true then you would be correct in stating it was over the top criticism.

The point being raised is that his wonder goals over shadow his non performances. Therefore if we get anywhere near the figures being rumoured we’d be idiots not to take it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, torres said:

One bad game?? 

If this was true then you would be correct in stating it was over the top criticism.

The point being raised is that his wonder goals over shadow his non performances. Therefore if we get anywhere near the figures being rumoured we’d be idiots not to take it. 

He's had more good games than bad compared to others. 

You could argue that, but at least he's got a wonder goal in him. I highly doubt we'll accept circa £10m without getting a replacement.

The facts are we can not play bannan and reach in the same midfield, other teams just walk through us and these two are useless when we dont have the ball so something has got to give. Personally i dont think we can drop bannan, so if the rumours are true about reach l would get the best deal and sell and bolster our midfield and other areas.                                      Just my opinion

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

The facts are we can not play bannan and reach in the same midfield, other teams just walk through us and these two are useless when we dont have the ball so something has got to give. Personally i dont think we can drop bannan, so if the rumours are true about reach l would get the best deal and sell and bolster our midfield and other areas.                                      Just my opinion

If we get a very good offer for Reach then sell him but it would be a lot easier just to play him in a position that suits his strengths 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, bubbleowl said:

You are entitled to your opinion so im i, l see a player who is slow, light weight and one footed. We played him out wide when he joined and did nothing in fact at one point was dropped. I for one would piggy back him to any club who would consider paying 10-15 million for him. I dont care what people on hear think, he is still one of the most overrated player in recent years

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are avoiding the fact that he got player of year on merit and hasnt been dropped since he first arrived. No other midfielder had contributed more than Reach in last 2 seasons and the fact that Wolves had a bid turned down for 9 million suggests that other clubs also rate him highly. 

You're re opinion is based on your obvious dislike for the player rather than any factual evidence. 

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are avoiding the fact that he got player of year on merit and hasnt been dropped since he first arrived. No other midfielder had contributed more than Reach in last 2 seasons and the fact that Wolves had a bid turned down for 9 million suggests that other clubs also rate him highly. 

You're re opinion is based on your obvious dislike for the player rather than any factual evidence. 

The evidence is he was dropped in his first season i can remember him being on the bench in 2 matches at hillsborough off the top of my head. Secondly he got the player of the season because i think he was the only player to play more than 20 games. The 9 million bid we've only got carlos word for that nothing offical from the club. Finally my dislike for reach is rubbish nothing would delight me more than for him prove me wrong, but all i see is a few quality goal and runs doe'nt make him a top player. Like i said before everyones got an opinion but i do believe some fan want to see whats not there

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

The evidence is he was dropped in his first season i can remember him being on the bench in 2 matches at hillsborough off the top of my head. Secondly he got the player of the season because i think he was the only player to play more than 20 games. The 9 million bid we've only got carlos word for that nothing offical from the club. Finally my dislike for reach is rubbish nothing would delight me more than for him prove me wrong, but all i see is a few quality goal and runs doe'nt make him a top player. Like i said before everyones got an opinion but i do believe some fan want to see whats not there

Good points 

• Haha 1

Thing is so what is his best position??? We bought him as a winger and he was poo on there and many of occassion then we tried at full back and he.was pants there then an attacker higher up the pitch scores some worldly goals but faded away now he is in centre midfield and still he has been poor overall....surely it's time to say thanks for the memories reachy boy and all the best in the future..If we could get 10 Million we should welcome the move 

• Like 1

Love Reach but never been an out and out ballwinner and needs to play wide or in a free role without any over expectation re. defensive duties.

I'd sell him for the right money, as I would almost all of them but this season he has more than pulled his weight re. his role in the team (again) and is far from being any kind of weakness if in the right position in a balanced team.

4 hours ago, LiamK2292 said:

He's had more good games than bad compared to others. 

You could argue that, but at least he's got a wonder goal in him. I highly doubt we'll accept circa £10m without getting a replacement.

I don't know what the replacement looks like. 

He's being played totally out of position and gets crucified for it.

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

You haven't said anything worthwhile to  prove you right, but here goes. 

So what would it take for him to to prove you wrong? 

10 million is nothing on a footballer now. Reach has shown he is one of our best players. If we serious about promotion we need to keep him. We need to have a good team around him and find his best position in that team. Football is a team game. Expecting a good player to stand out every game is impossible with the poor performances everyone else has been putting in. We got plenty of saleable players to sell before Reach.