Reach

Reach is like a Luke Chadwick player, but better looking. In that he seems like he’s a 16 year old who’s talented enough to be called up to the main team but hasn’t developed yet. Because he lacks the aggression and decisiveness to play in the adult’s game. His passing is a good example where he makes these half hearted little passes that get easily intercepted. Being weak in the tackle is excusable if the rest of his game was better.

I bet Reach looks like a world beater in training, in 5 a side matches. But come to saturdays and he almost shys away.

im reading Crouch’s book and he mentions how that Mveumba player was a world beater in training but couldn’t do it in full matches. Maybe the same for Reach 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Reach is like a Luke Chadwick player, but better looking. In that he seems like he’s a 16 year old who’s talented enough to be called up to the main team but hasn’t developed yet. Because he lacks the aggression and decisiveness to play in the adult’s game. His passing is a good example where he makes these half hearted little passes that get easily intercepted. Being weak in the tackle is excusable if the rest of his game was better.

I bet Reach looks like a world beater in training, in 5 a side matches. But come to saturdays and he almost shys away.

im reading Crouch’s book and he mentions how that Mveumba player was a world beater in training but couldn’t do it in full matches. Maybe the same for Reach 

More of brunt for me. Odd bits of genius but not consistency. Think reach will go the same way and have a bloody career though. 

Reece needs to be played regularly on the left side of a 442 midfield, he is probably the only player we have that can beat a man and cross the ball. Matias was much worse than Reece yesterday. He lost the ball just about every time it was passed to him or he fell over when tackled - he is a complete wuss.

£20 million paid for Rhodes, Fossi and Reach. Don't think we'd get £8 million for all three at the moment. The one thing they all don't have is consistency. Lets's just hope Brucie can instill that into them and get the rest to play to their full potential, if he can't we're lumbered.

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

£20 million paid for Rhodes, Fossi and Reach. Don't think we'd get £8 million for all three at the moment. The one thing they all don't have is consistency. Lets's just hope Brucie can instill that into them and get the rest to play to their full potential, if he can't we're lumbered.

And screwed, we need the money this month. Not next or sometime after

35 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

think you may have hit the nail on the head

• Thanks 1

We would miss Reach badly he is one of few athletes we have in team. Lee and Forestieri other two athletes we possess are injured and Hunt who also worked hard has been sold. For a team to do well in this league you need workaholics in team we currently do not have enough. For those saying sell how would you replace him who is available who can score goals and provide assists. He makes loads of runs and ball rarely gets to him or it is a poor ball. When he scored the other week Bullen said he makes 30 of those runs a game but we never find him. Instead of acknowledging the fact he makes runs some on here glorified in pass from Bannan. The question which should have been asked is why does he not get service like that every game. The answer is we have nobody capable of delivering a quality pass to him on a regular basis.

Many need to be sold but would hang on to Reach as he can change games at this level and not many in this league can do this. 

He had poor game yesterday but did not receive any decent ball as no one in side was good enough to win ball.

Fletcher 

FF                   Matias                        Reach

Hutch.    Bannan

you need to have Reach cutting in on that deadly left foot 

FF is also better cutting in, so that leaves Matias in the hole (no one else tbh) 

Edited by FreshOwl

Guest everydays_wednesday

Hate to say it but Brookes bought by Bournmouth looks a real player and prospect....he was £10m i believe so £10m for Reach would be expensive even in January.

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

You were sat on row FF seat 57 weren't you.

Because I heard this about 75849206502 times from that person yesterday, said in exactly the same way.  Along with an hour of abuse for every single one of our players on the pitch, bench, in the stands and at the club.

Not me , I was on row z and was not shouting abuse at Reach or any other player. I don’t do that but I am entitled to my opinion which obviously other people share

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

Why?

The fact that last season he was able to almost single handedly drag the team to mid table.

With all the injuries we had and all the players we had to play out of postion make his achievements even better.

Also the mental strength he showed after receiving dogs abuse from sections of our fanbase. 

12 assists and 4 goals in that side speaks for itself. 

Just my opinion

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Fletcher 

FF                   Matias                        Reach

Hutch.    Bannan

you need to have Reach cutting in on that deadly left foot 

FF is also better cutting in, so that leaves Matias in the hole (no one else tbh) 

I agree with FF and Reach either side of Fletcher. However, I’d have Hutch defensive midfield and 2 other midfielders slightly ahead of him. That would be Bannan and one other. Kieran Lee or Onomah would fit the bill but they are both injured. Id play 4-3-3. I don’t think we have a genuine number 10 in our squad.

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

This seaon- 6 goals from midfield, joint top with assists, out of position in a poor attacking side, And that's weak. 

I personally would take that over someone that tackles, scores no goals, has no assists, but runs about aimlessly like a headless chicken. 

4 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Spot on post.   He’s got a lot more going for him than against him.  It would be interesting to see him play a settled wingers role with a decent full back for support. Definitely an asset, but might have to be sold to balance the books.

Agreed. We might look more like a proper midfield when the players stop running around and doing whatever tickles their fancy.

56 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

The fact that last season he was able to almost single handedly drag the team to mid table.

With all the injuries we had and all the players we had to play out of postion make his achievements even better.

Also the mental strength he showed after receiving dogs abuse from sections of our fanbase. 

12 assists and 4 goals in that side speaks for itself. 

Just my opinion

You are entitled to your opinion so im i, l see a player who is slow, light weight and one footed. We played him out wide when he joined and did nothing in fact at one point was dropped. I for one would piggy back him to any club who would consider paying 10-15 million for him. I dont care what people on hear think, he is still one of the most overrated player in recent years

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I agree with FF and Reach either side of Fletcher. However, I’d have Hutch defensive midfield and 2 other midfielders slightly ahead of him. That would be Bannan and one other. Kieran Lee or Onomah would fit the bill but they are both injured. Id play 4-3-3. I don’t think we have a genuine number 10 in our squad.

I came to the same conclusion.

If you are playing Bannan you need two other proper midfielders to do the spade work.

This is why Carlos played him nominally wide left at times.

Most won’t agree but given the players we have available next game I would play Hutch and Joey with Bannan. Joey at least has the legs to get around a bit while Hutch sits a bit more and Bannan goes where he wants to try get on the ball. 

Get Reach out wide.