Reach

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I rate him. We have a lot bigger problems than Reach. Very unfair to single him out today. At least he has provided quite a few positive moments this season and scored some stunning goals. Not many times this season have we scored some real quality goals and the times we have it has mainly been down to Reach. 

Sadly mate some on here form their opinions game by game. Reach had a poor game yesterday but he’s by no means our biggest problem.

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Sadly mate some on here form their opinions game by game. Reach had a poor game yesterday but he’s by no means our biggest problem.

Reach is a wide player, not a number 10. He’s not good enough technically to play this role. We don’t play to his strengths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minton said:

This season:

With 3 assists, he is our joint top assister this season (tied with Bannan and Onomah).

With 6 goals, he is our second top scorer, behind Joao with 8.

2017/18:

With 12 assists, he was our top provider, creating more goals than the players in 2nd and 3rd combined. Only 4 players in the championship assisted more.

4 goals, 6th in the list

Yeah, does nothing, provides nothing.

Give over ffs, he's probably our most valuable player.

Didn’t say he did nothing and didn’t say he’s a poor player . For me games pass him by sometimes and he doesn’t get stuck in enough . 

One of our better players , of which there isn’t much competition. Cheers for the stats though . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny how there were times last season when he was playing wide on the left he dragged performances out of the team and was one of he largest contributing factors to our recovery under Jos, hence him being voted player of the season, such short, fickle, pathetic memories some "fans".

image.jpg

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/reach-bags-owls-player-of-the-year-award/

Playing where he's playing now and has played most of this season under Jos does him no favours whatsoever, play him in his proper fucking position.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Reach is a wide player, not a number 10. He’s not good enough technically to play this role. We don’t play to his strengths. 

That’s not reach’s fault is it? He does as he’s told/asked of by the manager.

people slating him but he’s our top scoring midfielder and without looking at the stats I would argue that he’s our top assist maker as well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Didn’t say he did nothing and didn’t say he’s a poor player . For me games pass him by sometimes and he doesn’t get stuck in enough . 

One of our better players , of which there isn’t much competition. Cheers for the stats though . 

You pretty much said *exactly* that... :wacko:

"Screamers aside he doesn’t do an awful lot. We create nothing , and hisnjob is to create . Kind of sums it up well "

Edited by Minton

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Minton said:

This season:

With 3 assists, he is our joint top assister this season (tied with Bannan and Onomah).

With 6 goals, he is our second top scorer, behind Joao with 8.

2017/18:

With 12 assists, he was our top provider, creating more goals than the players in 2nd and 3rd combined. Only 4 players in the championship assisted more.

4 goals, 6th in the list

Yeah, does nothing, provides nothing.

Give over ffs, he's probably our most valuable player.

This 100%

I also believe he is not being played in his best position(left midfield) and he's played in his current role because he is the only one capable of producing something special. 

Got player of the year last year (and deservedly so). It's pathetic that some of our fans are so desperate to see him fail so they could say (see i was right all along). 

Unless we have to sell because of FFP, we should be building the side around him. Not looking to make him the scapegoat again when he doesn't score from 30 yards every game. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

Lets be honest he got player of the season because he was the only one fit. Some of our fans see 5 minutes of quality and forget about the other 85 minutes of him going missing

What a ridiculous statement that is. 

Guest Hirst1867

Hes a winger

A good winger, albeit short of pace.

But hes still best on the wing - and the fact he neshes challenges in every game he plays makes him unsuitable for playing a more central role.

Round pegs - round holes. Its a revolutionary idea but it just might work.

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Tbf. I’ve consistently said we can’t afford to lose him, but after yesterday I’m not so sure. So yes you’re probably correct

8 hours ago, OwlsAce said:

Get 10 million plus ,snap their hands off.

Scores the odd screamer every now and then but today we saw the real Reach clueless , ineffective and so so weak in his challengers, 

Take the money and invest in some decent full backs

I haven’t watched even the Sky “highlights” but I will hazard a guess that (like most games) when we all watch the extended highlights, the few moments of good attacking play involve Reach. They always do.

5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Tbf. I’ve consistently said we can’t afford to lose him, but after yesterday I’m not so sure. So yes you’re probably correct

Are you aware that there is 46 games in a season?? If clubs sold players based on 1 poor performance, players would be moving every week. 

Yesterday was poor all round but let’s be honest we played the form team in the division. Yes we let them play and probably helped their cause but the reaction by the majority is a little OTT!!

some are even slating Agnew...have a day off. 

Lack of transfer dealing has led to the P&S problem the club has.

Transfering Reach for £10 million would be the sort of business ( buy for £5 million, sell for £10 million) the club needs to freshen the squad. A few deals like that might even keep the EFL at bay provided there is an effective recruitment process to balance things out.

• Like 1