Reach

Wether you rate him or not the fact is we are not in a position to turn down £10 million or more. As I see it we now have a top manager who given the funds can get us promoted, Carlos was given the tools but came up short Bruce I believe wouldn’t, but given our problems with FFP how do we give him funds . Has the chairman got something up his sleeve? I can’t see it as every loophole as been used by others and closed so selling is the only way. Reach is a decent player whose value is boosted by scoring the odd worldly so cash in if it’s enough to avoid an embargo I have faith Bruce would use the money well and make us competitors again 

I'd be very happy to take £10 million for him.

Even if for no other reason than I want us (or, rather, DC) to get in the habit of being willing to sell our most prized assets because it's what clubs at this level do.

Reach chips in with goals and creates more than his fair share, so he'd need replacing well, but it's the only real way forward for us to start cashing in on players when their stock is high.

Any number of marketing initiatives in order to get more bums on seats pales in comparison to the cash injection of the sale of a high-value player.

I rate him. We have a lot bigger problems than Reach. Very unfair to single him out today. At least he has provided quite a few positive moments this season and scored some stunning goals. Not many times this season have we scored some real quality goals and the times we have it has mainly been down to Reach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Reach is a good player, not age/durability/injury limited and his replacement would cost a lot.  I guess my questions are:

• would the proceeds from the sale of Reach be worth more than the cost of replacing him?  FFP aside.
  • are there any interested parties?
  • Who is available, as a comparable replacement?

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Screamers aside he doesn’t do an awful lot. We create nothing , and hisnjob is to create . Kind of sums it up well 

This season:

With 3 assists, he is our joint top assister this season (tied with Bannan and Onomah).

With 6 goals, he is our second top scorer, behind Joao with 8.

2017/18:

With 12 assists, he was our top provider, creating more goals than the players in 2nd and 3rd combined. Only 4 players in the championship assisted more.

4 goals, 6th in the list

Yeah, does nothing, provides nothing.

Give over ffs, he's probably our most valuable player.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OwlsAce said:

Get 10 million plus ,snap their hands off.

Scores the odd screamer every now and then but today we saw the real Reach clueless , ineffective and so so weak in his challengers, 

Take the money and invest in some decent full backs

He’s better than Bannan yet everyone wants to suck Bannan off. Bannan can’t tackle and gives the ball away far too much.  

For the record, they can both fizz off. I’m done with the whole squad. 

• Haha 1

He’s quality. Take Reach out the side and we create very little. He’s not going to be putting in reducers as well as everything else.

If he goes it should be for well north of 10m given that similar players have been going north of 15m.

To think we only got 1.5m for Antonio, the same devaluing of Reach is happening now