luton game

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Luton will be without Danny Hylton after he was sent off yesterday, that's a bonus. 

has it really come to this?  Rejoicing because a managerless team who were non league a couple of years ago are missing a player?  We were awful in the first game.  I'm fed up of our players (and now our coach) talking about great weeks on the training ground and we've got to put it right. Just do it !  

7 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

has it really come to this?  Rejoicing because a managerless team who were non league a couple of years ago are missing a player?  We were awful in the first game.  I'm fed up of our players (and now our coach) talking about great weeks on the training ground and we've got to put it right. Just do it !  

Not sure saying his absence is a bonus is ‘rejoicing’ to be fair.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

After yesterday's showing, surely some rotating is a must?

But tbf, I'm struggling to think who we could bring in.

I've no idea either but Boyd is really starting to disappoint and irritate me now.

He did OK v Brum and I really been trying give him the benefit but I can no longer be 4rsed.

Sick of seeing him wafting about in that jack sparrow wig doing two bits of nothing, pïssing me right off.

• Haha 2

The only thing we're playing for - even though we won't win the whole thing. 

Both teams should be motivated given the fact the winners go to Chelsea. I think Luton will be narrow favourites to progress.

No doubt we will rotate, especially after yesterday - I'm almost sure Dawson will start. A similar performance will see us get knocked out and the season will be effectively over - apart from playing for pride.

I hope we beat Luton or at least perform. The prize is attractive but most wednesday fans will be apprehensive at the thought at being exposed on TV to Chelsea. We don't trust the team to make you proud as in the Big Jack days.

I do disagree with the OP though, in that the the other main game this season is the pigs at home. Rightly or wrong this is a massive game - we simply have to perform and a result (win) would simply make my day, week, month. Sad maybe, but if we are honest - true.

it’s a sad time when I don’t fancy us against Luton or Chelsea. 

A few seasons ago when we had Arsenal in the cup, I was looking forward to it & thought we really could sneak an upset... 

3-0 was amazing. 

This time, I’m not even sure we’ll make it to Stamford Bridge, after Saturdays “effort” 

I always like a cup run, but so much of this season seems negative. Even with a premier league ‘carrot’ & tv dangling for the winner. 

I just can’t see us doing well. 

Guest LittleG
On 13/01/2019 at 14:43, GMOwl72 said:

Not sure that it’s the last chance to ‘salvage anything’. If we get past Luton the chances of progressing beyond that are pretty remote!

A win against Luton is needed to boost morale, I’ll give you that because a defeat, which is certainly a very good possibility, would simply be further embarrassment on what is a very embarrassing and disappointing campaign so far.

Fully agree, the only thing we can salvage this season is a half respectable finishing position. If we do manage to scrape a win at Luton we then get totally embarrassed and annihilated at Chelsea, great!!!

Get what would be a very hard earned win at Luton, big day out at Chelsea and nick a draw for another decent chance to progress “under the lights” at Hillsborough.

A chance for something to cheer about and a bit of old fashioned feel good factor.

Decent run of winnable games coming up too and FF due back and maybe Onomah can continue his improvement with some chances for Penney and Thorniley to be involved again and be rewarded with a bit of a taste of the bigtime.

Some of those continual wasters and letdowns from Saturday need binning off for good but dropping them for their attitude will do for now.

Both United and Leeds are still very capable of fuckingup so let’s concentrate on trying to make the best of what’s left of a messy season so far for us - management, team and supporters.

Let’s at least try to be Cup Kings for starters.

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Could be ideal for Winnal...get him scoring, I hope we f.ookin' attack and don't mess about

Totally agree.

Saturdays tactics were totally inept, playing Fletcher up front on his own was a poor decision.

How do you expect to compete or get anything out of a game with that set up and also playing players out of their natural positions.

Yes give Winnall a run but give him support, don't leave him out on a limb.

We have to go for it.....

I think players will be dropped after Saturdays game not rotated. That sort of performance is not good enough and a few need a wake up call and some are simply not good enough. Think we will see different full backs for certain and we may have change up front.

• Like 1