If we sold every single player tonight

Guest The Horse
18 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Passed the stage of caring who stays or who goes now. As far as I'm concerned nobody's earned their right to be a Sheffield Wednesday player. Bored of it all.

Nail on head.

Like a relationship that's irretrievably stale.

We can look back on some pleasant memories but it's time to part company for the good of all.

Nobody in our squad excites me.

Barry has generally been consistently steady and capable.

Hector has some quality and potential.

A few young players have potential.

The rest have flattered to deceive, and not turned up too many times.

Bad buys and and a waste of money. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Nobody in our squad excites me.

Totally agree on that front. That is the real frustration in that for 6 months or so under Carlos we played some decent and exciting football. We have seen some winning football sure but nothing that you come away from the ground buzzing to have watched. When that starts to become losing football is the problem.

In an attacking sense the problem is a lack of team play to create chances. It relies on individuals. I will compare us to our neighbours because many of the goals they score are team generated where defenders are pulled out of position, cross ball for Sharp to put in. Opportunities we don't even create nevermind score

Just now, mkowl said:

Totally agree on that front. That is the real frustration in that for 6 months or so under Carlos we played some decent and exciting football. We have seen some winning football sure but nothing that you come away from the ground buzzing to have watched. When that starts to become losing football is the problem.

In an attacking sense the problem is a lack of team play to create chances. It relies on individuals. I will compare us to our neighbours because many of the goals they score are team generated where defenders are pulled out of position, cross ball for Sharp to put in. Opportunities we don't even create nevermind score

It's dull and functional at best.

Perfect for the piggies, but not what our club and ethos should be about.

If we do one thing for next season, I hope we sign somebody that creates a buzz of anticipation and excitement.

Even Fessi hasn't done it for years.

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we do one thing for next season, I hope we sign somebody that creates a buzz of anticipation and excitement.

Hate to say I don't think our neighbours are dull and functional in their style of play. They go one up but often it's then 2 or 3 before you know it. Keep the foot on the pedal.

Have we scored 3 in a league game this season

10 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Good as he is, FF would be one of he first to go. What has been his contribution this season.? Injury or no, if he is not on the feld his use to us is zero.

Exactly ! He’s a crock with a poor attitude . Surplus to requirements and one of the first I’d like to see the back of 

10 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Weird question but (hypothetical) if we sold every single player, every single asset tonight and we had to rebuild a brand new team from scratch would you be happy? (We would keep the coaching staff)

Personally, I’m not sure. Just interested to see what people’s opinions would be.

If we managed to do so what do you suggest we do with the ten bob? :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d be happy. Bored of watching these overpaid players underperform. 

if we sold every player think we would all be suprised by how little money we would have,not many are worth anything really which is proved by lack of interest from other clubs in most of the squad

50 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Hate to say I don't think our neighbours are dull and functional in their style of play. They go one up but often it's then 2 or 3 before you know it. Keep the foot on the pedal.

Have we scored 3 in a league game this season

totally agree pal,hate saying it they are far better to watch than we are,and they get plenty of plaudits from so called football experts on tv

11 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Weird question but (hypothetical) if we sold every single player, every single asset tonight and we had to rebuild a brand new team from scratch would you be happy? (We would keep the coaching staff)

Personally, I’m not sure. Just interested to see what people’s opinions would be.

Pig fans are desperate for us to sell our better players, they say it in not so many words every day at work 

10 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

I don't think a single one of the ones out of contract should be offered a new deal. I am sorry we had a great time a couple of seasons ago but can't live in the past and none of them seem bothered to put the shirt on and fight even for a new deal like big Dave did so excellently well last season. Total clear out and start again I am worried about one thing i don't think Bruce is going to play the young uns so to speak 

Totally agree, we need fresh blood everywhere. We shouldnt be signing anyone over the age of 24 in my opinion either.

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

I’m sorry but if you’re expecting our football under Bruce to great buzz and excitement you might be waiting a long long time. 

Dont get me wrong I am happy he is coming in as gaffer as he gets results but it will be by having a strong defensive structure and reliance on nicking wins rather than excitement.

9 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

I’m sorry but if you’re expecting our football under Bruce to great buzz and excitement you might be waiting a long long time. 

Dont get me wrong I am happy he is coming in as gaffer as he gets results but it will be by having a strong defensive structure and reliance on nicking wins rather than excitement.

I'd take 2 capable full backs, a midfield that tackles, and pace out wide.

He has delivered that at most of his clubs.

10 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

And to be honest winning is everything and getting one day to the premier league. Our piggies neighbours have a manager who goes hell bells for the win and finished 10th in his first season if it happens again and probably won't he will be forced to change his tactics like Carlos did eventually 

24 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

And to be honest winning is everything and getting one day to the premier league. Our piggies neighbours have a manager who goes hell bells for the win and finished 10th in his first season if it happens again and probably won't he will be forced to change his tactics like Carlos did eventually 

Yeah I agree with this. I don’t mind attritional football when it works and brings results. Do it like Jos though and it wee wees me off. We set up defensively with no intention of attacking and yet we were still getting mullered.

My only concern with Bruce is our team needs freshening up and some pace and youth however he tends to prefer his older players.