If we sold every single player tonight

Guest wilyfox

On recent past and present form, no-one should be assured of a future here. We're past the stage of tweaking here and there. Big change needed on and off the pitch, in approach and personnel. 

20 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

We are at the end of an era, think the lomg standing players know it, we know it. Some of us care (this includes the players) 

I think playing wise, some probably want to go and some ptobably need a new challenge. 

The era finished when we lost to huddersfield in the play offs. Rebuild should have started then

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You need players who can handle playing for this club. These lot can’t anymore. When the going got tough in the third season under Carlos they completely collapsed and we’ve not been the same since.

It’s a big club with expectations, no room for hiding. Clearout needed with players who are going to fight and leave it all out there for Wednesday. Only a handful of them we have at the minute.

People take the mick out of ‘PASHUN’ and all that, but Megson got it spot on with recruitment in our last successful season. The players he drafted in may not have been blessed with ability, but fvvck me they worked their testicles off on that pitch. I’m talking the likes of Semedo, Rob Jones, Llera, O’Grady, Reda.

We need that Megson mentality back. The whole club needs a rocket up their arse. I just hope Bruce sees it and sorts it out. 

100% this. 

Even when things were going well under Carlos the signs of weak mentality were still there just look at the monumental fizz up at wembley after we showed such great effort and desire against Brighton to reach the final we then go and embarrass ourselves in one the biggest games in this clubs 151 year history not one outfield player showed up that day, unforgivable.

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

Weird question but (hypothetical) if we sold every single player, every single asset tonight and we had to rebuild a brand new team from scratch would you be happy? (We would keep the coaching staff)

Personally, I’m not sure. Just interested to see what people’s opinions would be.

We would get F8ck all.

More to the point who would you pay to sign for us out of our current squad?

9 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

100% this. 

Even when things were going well under Carlos the signs of weak mentality were still there just look at the monumental fizz up at wembley after we showed such great effort and desire against Brighton to reach the final we then go and embarrass ourselves in one the biggest games in this clubs 151 year history not one outfield player showed up that day, unforgivable.

Exactly. And we bottled it the year after, which was even worse for me. Not to mention bottling the first Sheffield derby in 5 years. 

The side is pretty much the same. At least a lot of them will be gone in the summer. And hopefully we can get a few who still have a couple of years left out the door. Big refresh needed.

Guest The Horse
51 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

All the players need a good kick up the arse its a bit strange under Jos they was playing terrible non-attacking football then bullen taking over he was playing attacking passing attractive football 

It is all player power they didn’t like Bullen not getting the job

Bruces team is come in All of a sudden they’re playing Jos  style football

Makes you wonder if he was to blame in the first place Might be me being paranoid but that’s how I see it:luhukay:

Probably why Bruce is leaving it as late a possible.

Only three months to have to put up with the 'Our way or the Highway' clique.

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

Weird question but (hypothetical) if we sold every single player, every single asset tonight and we had to rebuild a brand new team from scratch would you be happy? (We would keep the coaching staff)

Personally, I’m not sure. Just interested to see what people’s opinions would be.

To be honest we need a total rebuild. This squad is stale and old . Id be happy to sell any of them. 

58 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

We are at the end of an era, think the lomg standing players know it, we know it. Some of us care (this includes the players) 

I think playing wise, some probably want to go and some ptobably need a new challenge. 

couldn't summed it up better - whether we can challenge the top six next season with 10/12 new players is down to Bruce and FFP. 

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

didn't Turner try this and failed

Turner suceeded to an extent, he brought in Brunt, Whelan, McGovern and Maclean that summer.

When Sturrock took us up it was with Turner’s players.

This current squad needs a complete rebuild like we did then. It’s stale and most of them are has beens or never beens

I don't think a single one of the ones out of contract should be offered a new deal. I am sorry we had a great time a couple of seasons ago but can't live in the past and none of them seem bothered to put the shirt on and fight even for a new deal like big Dave did so excellently well last season. Total clear out and start again I am worried about one thing i don't think Bruce is going to play the young uns so to speak 

It’s going to take four transfer windows minimum to sort this squad out. We have a lot of players out of contract in the summer but we have to sign replacements, many of which will probably fail based on our track record. 

How nice it would be to have a club pulling in the same direction from top to bottom. We have just wasted two full seasons doing fornicate all.