Steve Agnew is the new Alan Irvine

7 minutes ago, Baggys battle bus said:

Agnew is not a manager, that’s for sure. He’s spoilt what bit of momentum and confidence Bullen had put back into the team. Stupid move by whoever was responsible to put him in charge till SB can be bothered to get off his arse

Did you honestly expect this team to build on that run of four results over Christmas? This group of players lack the character and mentality needed to turn this season around and perform at a consistent level for more than just four games.

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Did you honestly expect this team to build on that run of four results over Christmas? This group of players lack the character and mentality needed to turn this season around and perform at a consistent level for more than just four games.

Why not ? Football is all about confidence. A manager who can install that into the team can change the mentality and mindset of the players. Who can say what would have happened if Bullen had been left in charge until Bruce took over. Dumping him for Agnew  just seems to have destroyed what bit of the upturn we had

3 minutes ago, Baggys battle bus said:

Why not ? Football is all about confidence. A manager who can install that into the team can change the mentality and mindset of the players. Who can say what would have happened if Bullen had been left in charge until Bruce took over. Dumping him for Agnew  just seems to have destroyed what bit of the upturn we had

Because i've seen enough from this group of players over the last couple of seasons to know they aren't capable of it.

Edited by s6 owl

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Because i've seen enough from this group of players over the last couple of seasons to know they aren't capable of it.

I agree with you on that but what’s the point of disrupting things by putting Agnew in charge. We had started to pick up a few points under Bullen. Look at the table, we’re much closer to the relegation places than the top and on today’s tactics and formation that is the only direction we’re going

1 hour ago, Baggys battle bus said:

Agnew is not a manager, that’s for sure. He’s spoilt what bit of momentum and confidence Bullen had put back into the team. Stupid move by whoever was responsible to put him in charge till SB can be bothered to get off his arse

Looks like it’s true

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Steve Bruce lost both his parents in a short space of time, his wife did a hell of a lot for them during their Illness and she asked him to take  a break and get come back stronger. Show a little bit of respect please 

Not a dig at SB ( wrong choice of phrase )  I apologise for that. My gripe is with the person responsible for putting Agnew in charge and ruining the good work done by Bullen