Embarrassing

2 hours ago, hullite said:

.... a club supported by so many big headed fans who think  just because you have more numbers and are massive (that's what we call you btw - the massive)... 

Ahh the irony. From an expert in deprecation.

You're right, I wasn't laughing at 3:0. I just felt an overwhelming sense of sorrow for the relatives of all those partaking in that chant.

Deprecation, depreciation, or unnappreciation... whatever effect you think it has, you ought to know you just look like a gaggle of imbeciles.

• Haha 1

Fair play to Hullite for dishing it out. 

For some of our fans if you can't take a p1sstake don't give them out.

Unfortunately he is right in that some of our fans have a sense of entitlement based on our history, tradition and scale of fan base. So rather than having a pop at other fans the criticism should be held at those for the last 20 years have failed to turn all that into a successful club and allowed the likes of Bournemouth and Hull  to overtake us in many ways on the pitch

8 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

No your right we dont get it. 

Its almost something that you started on purpose, thinking that'll be cool. Then everyone, started laughing at you. So everyone went, quick its a self deprecating thing. Then we all just carried on laughing. 

Look we get that you want  rivalry, but lets be honest, we dont really care about Barnsley, Rotherham or Doncaster. So how do i put this. Please stop stalking us. We are flattered. So nah. 

Like Huddersfield, your a bit plastic and nobody really cares about you, outside your town. (sorry i know that hurts). 

We just dont care, soz. 

Ps that tiger thing you do is rubbish. 

Pps next time you go to Wembley, sell some tickets. 

Given the pizz poor attendance yesterday for a team creating their best winning run in 100 years, nobody gives a throw about them Hull either.

8 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Lol.

The first time i saw somebody in a Hull City shirt that day was when the players came out.

Me any my son used the park and ride service. We sat down and i commented to him that the (new) bus stunk of pizz. Then looked around and every single Hull fan was an oap. Jesus, thought we were on a flippin SAGA day trip.

Guest Bulgaria
11 hours ago, SupremeOwl said:

They're the worst fan base I've ever seen, that following to Wembley was embarassing.

Still, they've got their preferred sport of rugby when it all goes t!ts up for them. lol 

It was far from embarrassing.

Thousands didn't turn up in protest due to their owners trying to sell the club's soul.

Shame other fans don't do the same.

5 hours ago, Ginner said:

Ahh the irony. From an expert in deprecation.

You're right, I wasn't laughing at 3:0. I just felt an overwhelming sense of sorrow for the relatives of all those partaking in that chant.

Deprecation, depreciation, or unnappreciation... whatever effect you think it has, you ought to know you just look like a gaggle of imbeciles.

He's also missed the irony of the "massive" tag we use ourselves which is mainly just used to wind up our noisy neighbours.

If Hullite was able to justify Hull fans not going to Wembley,  how can he justify them not turning up to the KCOM yesterday?

7 hours ago, hullite said:

wmb dont worry because its absolutely brilliant,

at the end of the day football is about winning  and to do it over a team whos fans have such a "massive bigger club than you "  makes victory so much sweeter.

To have history rewritten by Madogbob is hilarious. I remember the first time we did the mauling thing  I thought it was cringeworthy, and maybe did the second time. then I saw the reaction of opposition fans.

Tell me this Madogbob, today when our side was 3-0 up cruising and maybe even taking the wee wee a bit on the field how many of your fans in the ground were laughing at us when we were singing mauled by the tigers?

Come on, I though it was that funny you laugh at us?

So tell me how many inside the ground were laughing at us?

Try and work out why you weren't laughing and we were and that explains it.

You should be laughing at us and we should be embarrassed, but the roles are reversed. You are getting baited and being hooked and its so much fun seeing the reaction on here afterwards.

We do want rivalry but not with a club supported by so many big headed fans who think  just because you have more numbers and are massive (that's what we call you btw - the massive) you have a divine right for success and for the smaller clubs to bow down before you.

There are some decent fans on here, but there are loads who really do deserve the poo you are getting served up by your side atm and I'm just here briefly to enjoy it.

I only came on here 2 yrs ago to explain why we didn't sell our Wembley allocation but found that some of you are that touchy it was hard not to keep poking you with a stick.

Think I'll stick around to watch the hissy fits and hand wringing the moment Brucey doesn't have you winning every game 3-0.

I mean some on here are itching to call for his head before he's even started the job.

gtg my wrists are sore from all the mauling we did today......

I think this thread just exemplifies how angry and pissed off any clubs fans get after a poor display like ours yesterday. I was sat in the West stand with my mate who is a City season ticket holder and tbh I just felt really disappointed. Over the last year Hull have been a selling club with a huge disconnect between the owner and fans, so much so that even with the run they are on the attendances are still sub 15,000. Despite all of this their manager has got what looks like a pretty young and inexperienced team playing some great football. It goes to show what’s possible with good management and a strong team ethic.

i actually believe 3 nil flattered us yesterday and I bet the Hull fans were proud as hell last night, but at least the few Hull fans I spoke to in the pub all agreed that Bruce is a great appointment. 

I really hope that yesterday’s performance turns out to be a blip, because if we continue in that vain Bruce will find himself walking into a relegation battle. 

Similar to other numerous posters, I found myself wondering how we would have played yesterday if Bullen had remained in charge. We may well have still lost, but I reckon we’d have played with a bit more pride and confidence. 

Lastly in response to the Hull poster I get what he means about the getting mauled thing and fair play if they identify with it all.  I live locally so have been to Boothferry Park and the KC with Hull mates over the years.  I think more than any other club Hull seems to identify with this unusual self deprecating theme.  I always found the good afternoon west stand, east stand etc announcements really cringey, but I now realise it’s just how the club sees itself. In a way when the owner decided he wanted to change the name to Hull Tigers, a bit of me actually wondered if the Hull fans might be happy with the change, but in fairness that turned out to be a step too far on the cringe barometer.  

Anyway fair play to their team yesterday, based on that showing I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the promotion shake up at the end of the season.

• Like 2

TBF the Hull kid makes quite a few salient points and anyone who can’t see the “mauled by the tigers “ thing is nothing other than a massive pis stake really need to have a word with their sens!

Awful day yesterday but while ever we continue to play a system that relies so heavily on full backs whilst at the same time playing people in those positions who’re unfit for purpose, more days like yesterday are just around the next corner.

They knew our weakness yesterday from before the kick off and exploited both fullbacks, to the extent that in the second half for a brief spell Agnew swapped them around with Palmer going LB and Fox RB.

All that proved was they’re equally atrocious in both positions!

The need to address these 2 positions has become critical in JTW!

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

He's also missed the irony of the "massive" tag we use ourselves which is mainly just used to wind up our noisy neighbours.

If Hullite was able to justify Hull fans not going to Wembley,  how can he justify them not turning up to the KCOM yesterday?

The irony of our "massive" joke was seemingly lost by a large chunk of our own fans some time ago it seems.

I can feel some justification for this bloke coming on here and giving us a bit of stick with relation to mainly total lack of education regarding the no show at Wembley and it somehow going some way to us deserving to be promoted more in some of our thicker fans' twisted minds.

Having said all that they won on the day, they won easily yesterday so the multiple, lengthy posts on another team's forum just make this bitter tramp look sad not clever.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hullite said:

Didn't realise you lot in Sheffield were all so soft fluffy and fragile and needed wrapping in cotton wool 24/7

Poor lambs.

...still cant believe any of you don't get why we do the mauled by the tigers thing?

Arent any of you old enough to be at games in the 80's in a mob to be taunted with a camp Everard type voice "you're hard...you're hard..."?

same kind of thing.

because its so self depreciating camp limp or wanky its effect at winding opposition fans up is even better.

being taunted because you are getting hammered is bad enough.

but having it done in such a wanky hammy way is worse,

the fact we are all laughing and not taking the chant seriously one iota yet it still has an effect and maybe even more effect is just so funny

don't you realise we know it looks exactly like what, in days before, would have been described as gay? (in a derogatory fashion)

Cant remember who it was but they were giving us a drubbing at home and started singing "your getting mauled by the (insert their teams nickname) complete with pawing actions

it didn't fit at all but it shut us up and made us feel inadequate.

It would be nearly the same if you lot, when 3-0 up or similar, started singing "you're getting shat on by the owls"  and wiggling your arses giggling inanely but not giving a throw how immature or stupid you look because your team is flipping 3-0 up!!!! and who gives a throw what anyone thinks!!!!

although that analogy, I admit, would be a bit too over the top or far fetched,  as I cant see you being 3-0 up for a very long time ….

Not sure why you’ve been negged, guess it backs up your comments of a fragile fanbase 

some can’t take defeat on here 

11 hours ago, hullite said:

Didn't realise you lot in Sheffield were all so soft fluffy and fragile and needed wrapping in cotton wool 24/7

Poor lambs.

...still cant believe any of you don't get why we do the mauled by the tigers thing?

Arent any of you old enough to be at games in the 80's in a mob to be taunted with a camp Everard type voice "you're hard...you're hard..."?

same kind of thing.

because its so self depreciating camp limp or wanky its effect at winding opposition fans up is even better.

being taunted because you are getting hammered is bad enough.

but having it done in such a wanky hammy way is worse,

the fact we are all laughing and not taking the chant seriously one iota yet it still has an effect and maybe even more effect is just so funny

don't you realise we know it looks exactly like what, in days before, would have been described as gay? (in a derogatory fashion)

Cant remember who it was but they were giving us a drubbing at home and started singing "your getting mauled by the (insert their teams nickname) complete with pawing actions

it didn't fit at all but it shut us up and made us feel inadequate.

It would be nearly the same if you lot, when 3-0 up or similar, started singing "you're getting shat on by the owls"  and wiggling your arses giggling inanely but not giving a throw how immature or stupid you look because your team is flipping 3-0 up!!!! and who gives a throw what anyone thinks!!!!

although that analogy, I admit, would be a bit too over the top or far fetched,  as I cant see you being 3-0 up for a very long time ….

I agree with the 3-0 thing, cant see when that will happen

As a football club Hull doesnt even register on my radar, they are a shitclub with shitfans.

That wembley turnout said it all ...no wonder their winning manager couldnt wait to praise us that day, if hull really did hit hard times and drop into L1 that KC stadium would be empty just like Boothferry park was...a nothing club to me.

As for yesterday ...bad day at the office ...if Bruce plays like Agnew did he will have his work cut out here!

3 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

It was far from embarrassing.

Thousands didn't turn up in protest due to their owners trying to sell the club's soul.

Shame other fans don't do the same.

It was a play-off final.

Turn up, support your club, and don't give a throw who the ownership are.

In that moment, all of that off-field stuff should be put to one side and the focus should be on helping your team pull through probably the biggest game you will have at this level.

Besides, the owners are still there, so the protest didnt achieve a great deal and the fans missed out on a big win on the day. 

10 hours ago, hullite said:

wmb dont worry because its absolutely brilliant,

at the end of the day football is about winning  and to do it over a team whos fans have such a "massive bigger club than you "  makes victory so much sweeter.

To have history rewritten by Madogbob is hilarious. I remember the first time we did the mauling thing  I thought it was cringeworthy, and maybe did the second time. then I saw the reaction of opposition fans.

Tell me this Madogbob, today when our side was 3-0 up cruising and maybe even taking the wee wee a bit on the field how many of your fans in the ground were laughing at us when we were singing mauled by the tigers?

Come on, I though it was that funny you laugh at us?

So tell me how many inside the ground were laughing at us?

Try and work out why you weren't laughing and we were and that explains it.

You should be laughing at us and we should be embarrassed, but the roles are reversed. You are getting baited and being hooked and its so much fun seeing the reaction on here afterwards.

We do want rivalry but not with a club supported by so many big headed fans who think  just because you have more numbers and are massive (that's what we call you btw - the massive) you have a divine right for success and for the smaller clubs to bow down before you.

There are some decent fans on here, but there are loads who really do deserve the poo you are getting served up by your side atm and I'm just here briefly to enjoy it.

I only came on here 2 yrs ago to explain why we didn't sell our Wembley allocation but found that some of you are that touchy it was hard not to keep poking you with a stick.

Think I'll stick around to watch the hissy fits and hand wringing the moment Brucey doesn't have you winning every game 3-0.

I mean some on here are itching to call for his head before he's even started the job.

gtg my wrists are sore from all the mauling we did today......

Hull though! WTF:

Apologies for the long posts yesterday. Drink got the better of me.  

Ive followed your clubs fortunes in periods, You bought Brian Marwood off us and I came to Hillsboro with my wife to watch you play Everton shortly afterwards. You used to be my second team early 90's when you had my once hero Trevor Francis as manager and were near the top playing good football.

And I reckon with the appointment of Bruce - whom most of us didn't want to leave (apart from the too big for their boots "Brucey isnt good enough at this level we need a Mourinho now we're in the prem" fans), I'll be taking a bit more notice of the goings on at your club as this summer I fully expect to see at least 2 ex City players joining the two currently in your side.

Boydy almost achieved cult status here with his one eye song.

Its never been about rivalry with me and your club, more like a fondness and I simply cannot believe how a club so well supported cannot get into the premier league. Ditto Leeds. And I'm not being smart or ironic.

I liked Bruce and I liked virtually all of our players who have all left so another reason to keep tabs on you.

Banter makes football so much better and I couldn't resist offering my thoughts amongst a tidal wave of insults about my beautiful picturesque hometown.

I'll disappear back into the ether now, watching from afar but lurking.

Still got a massive smile on my face and no doubt it will continue as we play Villa next sat. I wonder how they got on yesterday?

I had occasion to drive down Anlaby road (near the ground) twice last week and it really is the pits nowadays, virtually everyone I saw looked like a smack head or drug dealer. it was bad enough in the 80's when I lived down there so I simply cannot defend the accusation Hull is a shithole.

But whats that got to do with 3-0 anyway?

30 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

It was a play-off final.

Turn up, support your club, and don't give a throw who the ownership are.

In that moment, all of that off-field stuff should be put to one side and the focus should be on helping your team pull through probably the biggest game you will have at this level.

Besides, the owners are still there, so the protest didnt achieve a great deal and the fans missed out on a big win on the day. 

tell that to the Blackpool fans staying away from their biggest game for years v arsenal last weekend

Supreme owl, half our fans didn't want to win promotion to the prem so we didn't want to win that game cos it meant hanging onto our fuckwit owners for another 3 years due to prem money plus parachute payments.

don't you get it?

But obviously its hard to want your team to lose and when Diame scored I was punching the air frothing at the mouth ripping the wallpaper off Barnstoneworth United stylie.

Only after the game to realise we probably weren't ever going to be free of our evil.

Even Brucie walked.

walking away from a contract is something very few managers do nowadays, instead hanging on collecting the paycheck until the are sacked complete with fat settlement.

Doesn't that tell you something?

Don't reply cos I want to do one back to my shithole and might not be able to resist responding.

Best of luck with the best manager we've ever had. Just don't get on his back too soon or itll end up in tears.