Better Bullen till Bruce

8 minutes ago, G.Reaper said:

What a load of garbage. The Piggies sit second managed by Chris Wilder (Hardly a football genius) and little in the way of financial clout ? Have any of you  heard of a little thing called attitude? Our squad appears sadly lacking in that rare commodity, the will to win !!! 

I think you underestimate Wilder, the tactical innovation he’s shown with the centre backs attacking down the flanks, is probably unique Never seen that sort of innovation from Bruce

its the same players, we didnt lose on just tactics, if we defended like there lives depended on getting a point we could have got 1. Fact is and agnew even said it that the players had no desire. Thats a hell of a statement. We have a serious problem in the dressing room from players not bothered about results. No desire is like the worst label. It means they not interested in fighting for the club. And it showed through badly today

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I do wonder if we'd have been better off leaving Bullen in charge and Clemence and Agnew  coming in later with Bruce. 

I wonder whether we shouldn't have bothered with Bruce at all if he can't commit straight away tbh.

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think you underestimate Wilder, the tactical innovation he’s shown with the centre backs attacking down the flanks, is probably unique Never seen that sort of innovation from Bruce

Not at all, he has elevated a mediocre group of players into the automatic promotion mix. But to re iterate, more to do with attitude than centre back wingers me thinks?

I don't understand these type of threads

Better Bullen til Bruce

Sack The Manager

Jos Out

Carlos Out

Soon it will be Bruce Out

When are people going to wake up

It's the players, they're having our pants down

It doesn't matter who manages this club

Until we have a squad fill with young quality players, we will keep sacking managers

For too long this club has been a retirement home for aging has beens, and aging never will be's

Sack The Players

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

He has a system. Hull had a system. It’s drilled into them over and over again. Leeds have a weird system that is fluid. What all three have is a high energy pressing game and each player is in their best position and understanding. A constant, practiced and coached organisation. 

We have a bunch of players who’ve been constantly played out of position, most without the strength, pace and energy to cope if they don’t have a settled, well organised system. They’re not bad players but they need to be used to their strengths and in a settled system for now. 

Edited by Freshfish
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

He has a system. Hull had a system. It’s drilled into them over and over again. Leeds have a weird system that is fluid. What all three have is a high energy pressing game and each player is in their best position and understanding. A constant, practiced and coached organisation. 

We have a bunch of players who’ve been constantly played out of position, most without the strength, pace and energy to cope if they don’t have a settled, well organised system. They’re not bad players but they need to be used to their strengths and in a settled system for now. 

So we hire a manager who doesn’t play the high pressing game, and relies on having at his disposal, better players than most of his rivals. If we’ve found a way of providing Bruce with the sort of budget he needs to get us challenging, than I get the appointment If not, DC could be replicating the mistake he made when signing Jordan Rhodes

Edited by gurujuan

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So we hire a manager who doesn’t play the high pressing game, and relies on having at his disposal, better players than most of his rivals. If we’ve found a way of providing Bruce with the sort of budget he needs to get us challenging, than I get the appointment If not, DC could be replicating the mistake he made when signing Jordan Rhodes

He certainly played a pressing game at Wembley...we couldn't breathe in that game.

Bit disappointed with this thread TBH. 

MiLord was very keen on telling us that patience is required. 

I agree and I have said many times it's the rarest commodity in football. 

One week or so into half a new regime and patience seems to have gone already? 

Please get a tight grip. 

Thanks

Rev

This thread :rolleyes: 

Aside from our formation i'm not sure how anyone can determine exactly what our tactics were in that game. They went out of the window within the first minute because that's how quickly Hull got on the front foot. 

That defeat was systematic of our recruitment strategy in the last 2-3 years. Hull were simply faster, stronger and better equipped mentally than us, we were destroyed and we do not have the personal to deal with it.

Someone mentioned West Brom being better than them but us putting in a decent performance there, generally i'd agree but the West Brom team we faced would have been turned over by Hull today.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition. I'm not sure what's happened there in the last few months but the issues in the boardroom are no longer having an effect.

Also I don;t recall anyone moaning when the decision was taken to relieve Bullen of caretaker responsibility, if it had been the other way round and we lost as convincingly today then the reverse argument would be being spouted

Edited by Ash76

4 hours ago, G.Reaper said:

Not at all, he has elevated a mediocre group of players into the automatic promotion mix. But to re iterate, more to do with attitude than centre back wingers me thinks?

I hate Wilder as much as the next Owl, but United really do have one of the most - if not the most - innovative formation/systems in the division.

Very easy to say after a 3-0 defeat and while there are definitely good points being made for Bullen staying in charge I think we just have to accept we have an average squad that's past it's best. We had a good Christmas but prior to that we were dreadful. Yes it's largely the same names on the back of the shirts that reached two play offs but it's also a squad of players that for 18 months haven't reached the levels of anything other than a bottom half Championship team. Bruce and his team will need time. It's a tough job but we might just have got the most important piece of the rebuild in Bruce taking the job.

you would like to think that's Bruce's team know exactly what Bruce is going to want to play like and try to implement this before he gets here. we have see just think realism is needed. we will win some we don't expect lose others we should win. let's get safe and then startplan for next season. just going be frustrating till may

Got a random feeling, our lot don't like playing with the fear of losing. Classroom work for hours on end can lead to a stifled, laboured end product. This is what happened to Manchester United.

As soon as Solskjaer took over, the mood lifted, he wanted the players to be happy and play like their trusted.

Bullen also alluded to this when he took over, on one of his interviews.

Hopefully Bruce has got over the fear of losing, when Villa lost that recent play off final. 

Over preparing for games won't help our lot at all. Not when we are unfortunate to have such an un-athletic team with players who have to over compensate for others who lack certain attributes.

14 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Bit disappointed with this thread TBH. 

MiLord was very keen on telling us that patience is required. 

I agree and I have said many times it's the rarest commodity in football. 

One week or so into half a new regime and patience seems to have gone already? 

Please get a tight grip. 

Thanks

Rev

Rev Owl OUT !!

• Haha 1