Better Bullen till Bruce

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

This 

bullen or Agnew doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference 

You don't think different men  picking the team might be giving the team different instructions?

Or that those instructions make no difference?

No point bringing Bruce on then if that's the case.

Or sacking Jos or Carlos...

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Same team and formation 

players take responsibility for me. I guess that’s what you get when a bang average side, win some lose some 

I've already said, a fair few do need shipping out, but tactics play an important role. Jos and Agnew pretty much 451, leaving the striker isolated, and try to play the ball out from the back after soaking up pressure, which the defence isn't good enough to do. Bullen, 433, long balls up to the striker, who always had either Rech or Matias within 5 yards of him to get the flick ons, or lay offs, and we build from there. Bullens tactics worked, jos/Agnew didnt

7 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

So your telling me this set of players are good enough? They’ve had one week to work with the squad. Rome wasn’t built in a day. This squad isn’t good enough. 

Far from it

I said this group was capable of 12th position in ore season. I stick by that.

However there was a tangible change in ethos under Bullen from 2 hat we saw with Jos working with the same tools.

We've seen a change in the last two games too. Back to a lack of attacking intent.

I don't expect us to win every game. Not with this side.

But I want to see intent.

That has gone missing again since Birmingham.

Until Bruce actually arrives at Middlewood Road I think there is a sense of limbo hanging around the squad.

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

Matias was playing much closer to the striker under Bullen though. Fletcher has looked very isolated these last two games.

I hear Matias was in midfield today. That's ridiculous esp if Aggers says he wants better attacking play. Looks as if we have lost the better caretaker manager.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Far from it

However there was a tangible change in ethos under Bullen from 2 hat we saw with Jos working with the same tools.

We've seen a change in the last two games too. Back to a lack of attacking intent.

Until Bruce actually arrives at Middlewood Road I think there is a sense of limbo hanging around the squad.

Unnecessary limbo. The backroom boys should be assisting Bullen, not this way round.

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I've already said, a fair few do need shipping out, but tactics play an important role. Jos and Agnew pretty much 451, leaving the striker isolated, and try to play the ball out from the back after soaking up pressure, which the defence isn't good enough to do. Bullen, 433, long balls up to the striker, who always had either Rech or Matias within 5 yards of him to get the flick ons, or lay offs, and we build from there. Bullens tactics worked, jos/Agnew didnt

I hope Giddings gives Agnew the hostility he showed JL.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

The football we played against Birmingham was great. Complete contrast now!

I think it's way too soon to talk about a complete contrast - you must be easily pleased if you think performance against Birmingham was great. Nearly nicked it at the end (and would have just about deserved 3 points) but never any real attacking threat and limited support for Fletcher.  Bad result today against a team in form, but I support decision to bring Agnew & Clemence in early.

Edited by Steve Down South

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Far from it

This squad wasn’t good enough to finish 12th last season and have added 2 loans and now we are good enough? Give over. This team we have is lacking from top to bottom, reshape needed.

7 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Short memories. After 1 match we were a shambles when Bully took over last time. He said then he didn't want it, and it showed he was out of his depth.

He did look out of his depth last time, the Burton home game was appalling and I had reservations about leaving him in charge for any length of time again.

However, maybe he learned a few things from his 1st spell as to his credit he stood up to be counted when called upon again this time and we actually looked like a team with a specific - and effective - game plan again for 4 games.

Bullen is still involved. It's not like he's been left at home.

But i'm not sure if leaving Agnew and Clemence at home would have made the blindest bit of difference. The players today put out a woeful spineless performance. Aside from Westwood, Hutchinson, and possibly Fletcher, not many of them come out of the game with credit. Poor passing, feeble, soft, tepid performance. We basically sh*t ourselves when the opposition closes us down with that type of intensity. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The players are not good enough.

Fact.

In general yes. But West Brom are a much better outfit than Hull and even when they had 11 men 2 weeks ago we coped with what they had well and looked a threat ourselves.

We were 2nd best almost from the 1st whistle today and never looked like being in with a chance of getting anything, that has to be tactical as well as ability-based.

If the new manager was only available on 1st Feb then that’s when the new regime starts, you don’t do it in stages, it’s not been done before as far as I know and that’s probably for a very good reason. 

Over Xmas the players fans club banded together under someone we all knew we looked full of energy and damn unlucky not to win every game! now......Players fans club are in a month of limbo, new faces, new voices, it’s unsettling and today and last week show it. 

Typical Wednesday yet again

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

We basically sh*t ourselves when the opposition closes us down with that type of intensity. 

We've sufferred from this since the beginning of Carlos' 2nd season. First one to exploit it was our old friend Colin when i/c R'ham.  When teams press high up the pitch it leaves them short in midfield but we don't have the pace to exploit it, so they can press without fear of being hit on the break.