Better Bullen till Bruce

One of the highlights of when Bullen took over was the speed in which we fired the ball into Fletchers feet and then had midfield players bombing on from midfield to support him or to get in the box after he'd fired it out wide to Boud/Matias.

That has gone. 

February the 1st can't come quick enough as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Have you heard of tactics fella? 

Same team - different tactics

We barely wanted to get over the halfway line first half and stuck to two lines of defence deep in our own half

We didn’t play like that over Xmas

Same team has worked under 2 previous managers tactics for 18 months and guess what they haven’t been good enough. 

Now after 1 game with Agnew and literally one full weeks worth of training I’m suppose to slate him? I’ll judge Bruce and his staff next season thanks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Based on what? They literally are playing the same 433 and same squad Bullen was. When will people realise this team just isn’t good enough? 

Well that’s 100% true.

all these Nuhiu and  Matias sympathizers drive me mad.

’do a job’ honestly man, I thought we had got passed having garbage like that in 2016. Shambolic recruitment 

Edited by slightlybruisedman

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Said that as soon as it was announced, poor decision to replace him, and if Agnew and Clemence were starting to implement Bruces tactics today, we'd be better off with keeping Bullen in the long run.

Thats the fear. Are Agnew and Clemence just an extension of what we can expect from Bruce? 

What I fear the most is that Bruce is costing a fortune and his ways are probably traditional to the game in how it used to be played. However the game has moved on and maybe, just maybe we needed some young forward thing coaches. I shall not jump to conclusions at this early stage but It leaves me a little thoughtfull and possibly worried.

The players may not like Agnew, they may've preffered Bullen to stay on, this happens in any work place if yer not happy.. If we go on a bad run till Bruce comes in then that's the players alienated n demoralised by the new coaching team they're gonna have to work with. Shoulda kept Bullen on till Bruce started. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

One of the highlights of when Bullen took over was the speed in which we fired the ball into Fletchers feet and then had midfield players bombing on from midfield to support him or to get in the box after he'd fired it out wide to Boud/Matias.

That has gone. 

February the 1st can't come quick enough as far as I'm concerned. 

Glad we've only got 1 league game now before that, should be a winnable one but not based on the last 2 games.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Thats the fear. Are Agnew and Clemence just an extension of what we can expect from Bruce? 

What I fear the most is that Bruce is costing a fortune and his ways are probably traditional to the game in how it used to be played. However the game has moved on and maybe, just maybe we needed some young forward thing coaches. I shall not jump to conclusions at this early stage but It leaves me a little thoughtfull and possibly worried.

Same here mate, I don't really want Bruce, Old school mamnger who requires money to work, in a game thats moved on, in a division where you can;t spend money unless you have parachute payments. I really hope I'm wrong, but, if this is the sort of football we are going to play, might as well have stuck with Jos, least he is cheaper.

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I do wonder if we'd have been better off leaving Bullen in charge and Clemence and Agnew  coming in later with Bruce. 

I thought the exact same thing but straight after it was announced. 

You see the problem is that with a couple of poor performances and results with Bruce’s assistants, Bruce has to now start a few steps back rather than with a clean slate. 

Appreciate it is an unprecedented situation but it’s still very daft. And it was entirely predictable. 

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

He got to a play-off final last season and promoted in 2016 so I wouldn't write his approach off just yet!

The focus now however is on Agnew's record as a caretaker, which is shocking. It's not something I have looked into before today but when the club decided to put him in charge for a month I would have hoped they'd have considered it.

Bullen just went back to basics, had the big man up front in Fletcher, then made sure we got people around him for the 2nd ball then played from there. Not pretty but effective.

Today we've gone back to the "let's pass it out from the back" tactics, we've got from when Dross was in charge in that we've absolutely no decent movement up front or in midfield.

1 minute ago, Mountain Owl said:

I think that was the concern I had, but assumed we appointed him because we’d managed somehow to provide him with a decent budget If not, it’s a bizarre appointment, especially as he won’t be taking a hands on approach until the end of the window

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Because. ..

You can play the same formation but have different tactics and style...

..and the last two games have been very different to the games in which Bullen was in charge.

So your telling me this set of players are good enough? They’ve had one week to work with the squad. Rome wasn’t built in a day. This squad isn’t good enough. 

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I do wonder if we'd have been better off leaving Bullen in charge and Clemence and Agnew  coming in later with Bruce. 

It was Thompson and Remy who did a lot of coaching, they were giving instructions off bench to Bullen and passing notes. Think they made difference freed from shackles of JL.

11 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Based on what? They literally are playing the same 433 and same squad Bullen was. When will people realise this team just isn’t good enough? 

These players are not good enough, they weren't good enough under Carlos in his last six months ,  and the team has got worse with FF not around to be the attacking threat and Hunt and Loovens/Venancio not replaced. Goals have been difficult to score since FF got injured first and Lees we know is not the same without an experienced cb to play with.

However, fight and desire can make a difference and playing under Bruce's backroom boys might be depressing after Bullen's magic three weeks. LB looked ready for the role this time and he has to be better at handling these players than backroom boys who do not know the players.