Better Bullen till Bruce

I wonder what Aggers says to Brucie on the phone tonight ?

” You’ve got your work cut out boss, the squad is a bit limited “

”We’ll Aggers, they weren’t that limited under Bullen.... are you sure that you got your tactics and motivation right ?”

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

What exactly was the point Dan?

Well, look at the thread title, look at the OP, then read my post. 

What do you think the point is?

New coaches have been in 11 days. 

If you think thats long enough, fair enough. But I don't.

Edited by bigdan2003

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Well, look at the thread title, look at the OP, then read my post. 

What do you think the point is?

New coaches have been in 11 days. 

If you think thats long enough, fair enough. But I don't.

We haven't got the full package though Dan , have we...The main ingredient is missing....

Its like sellin' a meat an' potato pie without having the meat in it.

The "3" Steves are the package, and the main part of the "3" Steves is Steve Bruce, the others work off and for him...

He is the part that makes it work, it doesn't work without him...as shown today...

I'm not advocating sacking agnew...I'm advocating him waiting until the bloke who knows what he's doing arrives

Edited by asteener1867

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We must have watched different games to each other over Christmas and New Year then.

I didn’t say I don’t think they played well in a short spell of games. I just don’t think 4 results should reflect the last 18 months of performances but hey that’s just me

It’s a bizarre situation, appoint a manager, with supposedly limited tactical ability, but when provided with a decent budget, is proven in getting sides up. He then can’t start for six weeks, and by then the window will be closed. If these players aren’t good enough, and Bruce is no master tactician, then why not leave it in hands of Bullen, who at least can get a tune out of them, and look again in the summer This has the potential to be another Wednesday fizz up

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Based on what? They literally are playing the same 433 and same squad Bullen was. When will people realise this team just isn’t good enough? 

I guess you’d need to ask the players to really know if and what the difference is, but looking at us today we looked incredibly passive.  As an example Westwood seemed to be time wasting from the first moment he touched the ball and similar to the Leeds game, we couldn’t cope with being pressed. 

Effectively, Agnew has been in charge for one game - he mentioned in last week’s post match interview that he’d only spent one day (Friday) with the players and that  Bullen decided what the team should be for the Luton game. So Agnew has trained the team for a week and lost against the league’s form side. No need to panic. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I do wonder if we'd have been better off leaving Bullen in charge and Clemence and Agnew  coming in later with Bruce. 

clemence and agnew will need to watch us and report to bruce as to the state of things.

bruce will want them to try differing set ups, and see if the players can adapt at all to things that THEY KNOW bruce requires of his sides, that bullen couldn't possibly know.

what is going on at present isn't just looking to win, it's looking who can adapt, and whose fit for what is to come, not many are passing the exam at present.

I know what people are trying to say in the respect bullen Remaining in charge until Bruce came in but the trouble with that is when Bruce comes  in they still have to go through the transition How they wanting to play this way even though the performances are really bad at least when he comes in they will have an idea of the transition of play That he wants

The rest of it will fall into place

We had the prospect of another bounce when SB took over. In handing the reigns to his assistants prematurely we may well have kissed that goodbye. Worse still, SB could turn up in the middle of another poor run putting him on the back foot from day one.

41 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Effectively, Agnew has been in charge for one game - he mentioned in last week’s post match interview that he’d only spent one day (Friday) with the players and that  Bullen decided what the team should be for the Luton game. So Agnew has trained the team for a week and lost against the league’s form side. No need to panic. 

And he'll only be in charge for one more league game, too.

Bruce will be here before we know it!

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And he'll only be in charge for one more league game, too.

Bruce will be here before we know it!

More importantly, if as most suspect, the players aren’t good enough, will he be bringing some better ones with him

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

None at all. That Hull side couple week back went and tore Leeds apart at Elland Road...

Agnew is literally in charge of one more league game and then Bruce is here. 

2 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Same here mate, I don't really want Bruce, Old school mamnger who requires money to work, in a game thats moved on, in a division where you can;t spend money unless you have parachute payments. I really hope I'm wrong, but, if this is the sort of football we are going to play, might as well have stuck with Jos, least he is cheaper.

What a load of garbage. The Piggies sit second managed by Chris Wilder (Hardly a football genius) and little in the way of financial clout ? Have any of you  heard of a little thing called attitude? Our squad appears sadly lacking in that rare commodity, the will to win !!!