Better Bullen till Bruce

13 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

This squad wasn’t good enough to finish 12th last season and have added 2 loans and now we are good enough? Give over. This team we have is lacking from top to bottom, reshape needed.

Not after the start it had no. 

It does need remoulding definitely.  Agreed. 

But back to the point of this thread. ..

Did you not see a different style today compared to what we've seen of late?

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Agnew and Clemence been in place what, 11 days?  And been in charge for one league game? 

Is that right?

But folk are moaning already. 

lol

Why aren't the players playing to impress?

Just now, S6 Stroller said:

My Villa mate said this:

"Bruce will improve morale and get Wednesday playing as a team, but he's got the tactical nous of a week old cabbage" 

Tbf, Bruce wasn't there today...

Let's give him a couple of games in charge, before we decide that he's tactically inept. 

• Haha 2

Just now, cowl said:

Why aren't the players playing to impress?

Because far too many of them are complete wasters who have been pretty much taking the pi55 since Nando missed a penalty against Huddersfield. 

Guest wilyfox

Players must prove their worth. I swear many of them think they'll just turn up and take the win. Too many passengers, and not enough good ingredients. 

7 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Agnew and Clemence been in place what, 11 days?  And been in charge for one league game? 

Is that right?

lol

Understandable given that they pushed aside a caretaker who had taken 8 points from 4 games against some top 6 sides and had brought back some optimism. 

The talk since has been of attacking football but we have had 2 shots on target in 2 games.

I am looking forward to Bruce but don't hold out too much hope for the games remaining before he arrives.

53 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I do wonder if we'd have been better off leaving Bullen in charge and Clemence and Agnew  coming in later with Bruce. 

Maybe players don't know if they're coming or going (double entendre intended).

5 minutes ago, S6 Stroller said:

My Villa mate said this:

"Bruce will improve morale and get Wednesday playing as a team, but he's got the tactical nous of a week old cabbage" 

Certainly Bruce was the despair of Villa fans at the end of his time when of course Wednesday won there and presumably his back room boys were there at the same time.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Not after the start it had no. 

It does need remoulding definitely.  Agreed. 

But back to the point of this thread. ..

Did you not see a different style today compared to what we've seen of late?

I seen the same things I’ve seen from this team today that I’ve seen them do all season, today was abysmal but that’s Agnews fault? No not having it these players are a disgrace and I’ll judge Bruce, Agnew and Clemence next season not after one week working with these embarrassments. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Understandable given that they pushed aside a caretaker who had taken 8 points from 4 games against some top 6 sides and had brought back some optimism. 

The talk since has been of attacking football but we have had 2 shots on target in 2 games.

I am looking forward to Bruce but don't hold out too much hope for the games remaining before he arrives.

It looked hard on Bullen at the  time - pushed aside for bsckroom boys

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Lets be honest, the performances under Bullen were actually out of the ordinary, and the chances are they'd have still capitulated today.  Last two games is just a reminder that some of these players need shipping out, and we need an overhaul. 

18 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Is that right?

lol

Dead right i'm moaning....

Lost 3-0, not had one shot on target and rolled over like a f.ookin' lapdog...pardon me for not turning somersaults