Steve Bruce is going to be so annoyed...

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Perhaps it wasn't 4 5 1 today but Hull forced us into this.

I just want us to take the game to other teams which for starters means getting players that can do that. We play a pass and not move game that scares no one

it's wide open to being challenged and shut down. IF you've a **** defence, the you need numbers, IF you're using up numbers in defence and defensive m/f, then you need to be able to counter attack, to counter attack you need an early ball and speed up top. 

we've got tiptap.

51 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It's shocking, utterly shocking to think how we spent in excess of £30 million to get to this point.

On behalf of Mr Chansiri I'd like to correct you by saying "he spent in excess of £30m".

Our money doesn't pay for anything...apparently 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Hopefully Bruce has got the desire and the drive to sort out this mess as well as the backing from Chansiri.

He wasn’t looking for a job, taking time out going away with his wife following his parents deaths and we came knocking.

He stated his terms (salary and availability) and DC accepted this. For me Bullen should have been given the role until Bruce actually came in. Don’t understand why  Agnew and Clemence have taken charge for 3 weeks.

It’s shortly over to Bruce who is to be paid handsomely and I would have thought he would have required a certain level of backing in the transfer market to take the job. He will have no hiding place if it all goes Pete Tong.

We need to have a little faith. This season has gone, long gone. It’s all about getting the entire football operation of the club ready and performing for next season.

Then again, it’s the hope that...........

I think it’s pretty obvious why Clemence and Agnew have come in now, to put in the early implementations of what Bruce will install 

If today’s anything to go by then I’m worried 

20 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I think it’s pretty obvious why Clemence and Agnew have come in now, to put in the early implementations of what Bruce will install 

Managers very rarely change their style.

Mourinho, Karanka and Bruce set up more defensively.

Holloway and Smith's teams are going to concede.

Bruce needs his type of players to play his style of football. Hopefully he has been told he can get those type of players and not players brought in by someone else.

Unless Bruce and the person doing the buying are on the same page.

Otherwise....

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Not calling for the entire squad to go, but any squad needs a bit recycling to freshen it up, keep players on their toes. We need something different in midfield  certainly more energy, more pace, someone to offer a threat to the opposition and frankly a style that I want to watch.

Most of this squad is gone in the summer.

I’m looking forward to seeing how we rebuild & what the side will look like next season. If we can keep ourselves together for the remainder of this season I reckon we can look forward to an interesting summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Yes, also maybe to get the low down on which  players they feel are right for a ‘Bruce’ team. He probably values their opinions more than others?

Bruce wont be bothered because thats how he plays. When he had probably the best attack at his disposal at Villa he was still pretty defensive. Unfortunately i can't see anything changing when he takes charge. Football has left many managers Bruce included behind.

4 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Managers very rarely change their style.

Mourinho, Karanka and Bruce set up more defensively.

Holloway and Smith's teams are going to concede.

Bruce needs his type of players to play his style of football. Hopefully he has been told he can get those type of players and not players brought in by someone else.

Unless Bruce and the person doing the buying are on the same page.

Otherwise....

My money is on Otherwise....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

Perhaps it wasn't 4 5 1 today but Hull forced us into this.

I just want us to take the game to other teams which for starters means getting players that can do that. We play a pass and not move game that scares no one

Did they balls.

As soon as they had the ball we stepped off 15 yards.

Crap tactics, dreadfully executed

15 hours ago, poite said:

On behalf of Mr Chansiri I'd like to correct you by saying "he spent in excess of £30m".

Our money doesn't pay for anything...apparently 

Thought you’d been quiet over the positive holiday period.

First defeat and you slither out from your dark place like Gollum, hissing and spouting bile!

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

I don't have a problem with his delayed start providing he's heavily involved in recruitment. I really wouldn't trust DC with Paixao & Co. to pick what we need. 

18 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Most of this squad is gone in the summer.

I’m looking forward to seeing how we rebuild & what the side will look like next season. If we can keep ourselves together for the remainder of this season I reckon we can look forward to an interesting summer.

Me too. Some new players please.