Steve Bruce is going to be so annoyed...

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

And what's more, that situations not going to change anytime soon.

For those who reckon we have a play-off quality side full of valuable players, today should be a big reality check.

I agree to a point, we do need alot of change and people moving on, but, the tactics today were dreadful. Bullen over the festive period showed something of what the squad could still do, when they aren't being negated by horrendous tactics like under Jos, and so far Agnew.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

We've not strengthened the side since the defeat to Huddersfield. Our players are older, slower or injured. Many other teams have progressed with young, fit, aggressive players. We're miles away.

I agree 100%, I don't think bruce knows for one minute what he's let himself in for, the side he played against at wembley just over two and half years ago has gone, and has gone forever.

a hell of a lot needs changing, a hell of a lot.

we've a defence that struggles to defend, a midfield that's open unless we wheel hutch out, and a forward line with next to no goals in it, but other than that we're flying.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

I agree 100%, I don't think bruce knows for one minute what he's let himself in for, the side he played against at wembley just over two and half years ago has gone, and has gone forever.

a hell of a lot needs changing, a hell of a lot.

we've a defence that struggles to defend, a midfield that's open unless we wheel hutch out, and a forward line with next to no goals in it, but other than that we're flying.

It's shocking, utterly shocking to think how we spent in excess of £30 million to get to this point.

• Thanks 1

As I said at the time of Bruce's appointment ... 

The only thing keeping this holiday arrangement viable, is the upturn in form, under Bullen 

I dont know how much Agnew is to blame, but it does seem like 4-3-3 has now turned to 4-5-1 

I just hope form picks up, before FH turns into Bruce bashing (before he even arrives)

5 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It's shocking, utterly shocking to think how we spent in excess of £30 million to get to this point.

we bought plenty, paid good fees, and wages, bought at the top of their game, or just going over (hooper/rhodes), and had just the one idea on how to play.

when in 90+ degree heat, you need to pace yourself, in england once september has gone you need to knock about to keep warm, not stand about. 

Hopefully Bruce has got the desire and the drive to sort out this mess as well as the backing from Chansiri.

He wasn’t looking for a job, taking time out going away with his wife following his parents deaths and we came knocking.

He stated his terms (salary and availability) and DC accepted this. For me Bullen should have been given the role until Bruce actually came in. Don’t understand why  Agnew and Clemence have taken charge for 3 weeks.

It’s shortly over to Bruce who is to be paid handsomely and I would have thought he would have required a certain level of backing in the transfer market to take the job. He will have no hiding place if it all goes Pete Tong.

We need to have a little faith. This season has gone, long gone. It’s all about getting the entire football operation of the club ready and performing for next season.

Then again, it’s the hope that...........

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

We've not strengthened the side since the defeat to Huddersfield. Our players are older, slower or injured. Many other teams have progressed with young, fit, aggressive players. We're miles away.

Exactly this .The players gave it all in the birmingham game but looked a different side in the Luton game.I don't buy into this about the players not caring.Some of the posts on here tonight saying clear the whole squad are laughable.We win a game and every player is an hero 2 games later they can all p@@s off.To me the sensible option would have been to let bullet stay in control until the beginning of february .Theres been too much chopping and changing Under bullen with the players who were frozen out coming back the ship had settled and we were building some momentum

Not calling for the entire squad to go, but any squad needs a bit recycling to freshen it up, keep players on their toes. We need something different in midfield  certainly more energy, more pace, someone to offer a threat to the opposition and frankly a style that I want to watch.

13 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Hopefully Bruce has got the desire and the drive to sort out this mess as well as the backing from Chansiri.

He wasn’t looking for a job, taking time out going away with his wife following his parents deaths and we came knocking.

He stated his terms (salary and availability) and DC accepted this. For me Bullen should have been given the role until Bruce actually came in. Don’t understand why  Agnew and Clemence have taken charge for 3 weeks.

It’s shortly over to Bruce who is to be paid handsomely and I would have thought he would have required a certain level of backing in the transfer market to take the job. He will have no hiding place if it all goes Pete Tong.

We need to have a little faith. This season has gone, long gone. It’s all about getting the entire football operation of the club ready and performing for next season.

Then again, it’s the hope that...........

Was told today that Agnew's managerial record before us is 13 games played 9 lost 3 drawn and 1 won. Doesn't fill you with confidence exactly.

Perhaps it wasn't 4 5 1 today but Hull forced us into this.

I just want us to take the game to other teams which for starters means getting players that can do that. We play a pass and not move game that scares no one