Can’t wait

7 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I honestly couldn't give a flying fock at a rolling donut whether any of this current squad leave. I reckon the only one I'd be a bit sad about would be Bannan. And that would probably be for about half an hour max. 

ironically tris he is one of the problems IMO

too easily smothered  too reliant on him having a worldy on his own 

I'm afraid the entire midfield needs freshening up with height, strength ,pace and creativity 

....and I'm back in the room 

57 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

It’s going to take another full 2 seasons I feel to properly turn us around

Keep us up this year (hopefully). Rebuild over the summer and stablise next season

Hopefully May 2021 we might be looking forward to a play off final

Ever hopeful ! 

not sure we can raise/inject the cash needed to fully 'turn this around'.

the sad truth is 'our best chance in decades' may have been pissed up against the wall.

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

ironically tris he is one of the problems IMO

too easily smothered  too reliant on him having a worldy on his own 

I'm afraid the entire midfield needs freshening up with height, strength ,pace and creativity 

....and I'm back in the room 

I agree - whilst Bannan has been a great player to watch, his limitations are easily exposed. Without a strong midfield to support him, and pace up front, we'd be better off moving him on.

Just now, Animis said:

I agree - whilst Bannan has been a great player to watch, his limitations are easily exposed. Without a strong midfield to support him, and pace up front, we'd be better off moving him on.

yep we all know the lad is class but too often he has to play too deep to get clear of markers and all too often he is the only creative player

1 hour ago, Owlcoholic said:

Agree.

I always wonder why we are so slow to move players on. We get someone decent but seem to have no big picture  view to move our club forward, to develop our playing capacity.

Objective view but I would get rid of, or be open to get rid of, the following:

Hooper, Lee, Abdi (the mythical entity) - unlikely to ever be fit enough consistently.

Palmer, Nuhiu - not good enough to match ambitions of improving.

Pudil (a joke that a guy too slow to play, lb, lwb or lcb gets a contract extension), Jones - too old too offer much next season.

Fletcher, Forestieri, Bannan, Reach, Lees  - could get a fee for some of these or get money off wage bill. Fletcher is decent but on too big a whack and we have strikers; Bannan dictates our style far too much - if he is either off form or playing just in front of back four we have zero creativity; Forestieri is our best player but does not seem up for it - more injured than Matias this year? Reach scores, or can score, screamers but is not, for me, centre mid and we do not player with wide midfielders. Bails out of far too many 50/50s. Lees, club captain, was no good in a back three and thrives when next to a leader-type: Hector or Loovens. He needs to be that leader not dependent on them.

Penney, Preston, Dawson or Wildsmith, Kirby, J. Lee - loan out for experience. All have potential but insufficently experienced to help in the here and now.

This leaves Westwood, Hutch (an injury risk but I think he's a superb and committed player. At cb prob less of a walking injury than at dcm), Winnall, Joao, Dawson or Wildsmith (personally, I miss Price: decent, solid, professional and reliable back up)  Fox (proved himself a fair, if not sensational squad player), Matias (he tries, has pace, improved fitness and improved teeth), Pelupessy (not great, but a squad player who tries his ass off, something that is infectious).

Would keep Hector if possible. Think he's mint.

Probably missed some out and not saying we get rid of all of these but be open to the possibility. We need money off wage bill, we need a huge freshen up and flexibility under FFP.

I am a longtime lurker and dar from frequent visitor to S6 but I've at least proofed this for spelling and grammatical errors.

Edit: Keep Thorniley: decent prospect.

Would get shut if the ones you want to keep too. Fox Palmer cat win all Dawson wildsmith and Matuas not done enough to stay at this great club. Jaoa probably the only one I would keeps 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For a mass clearout.

This squad needs freshening up something chronic.

I agree with you there definitely needs to be changes but a mass clear out I don’t think That will work it’s more of a tweak Definitely a striker that can score goals definitely a winger with pace definitely a Attacking midfielder and defender LB CB 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For a mass clearout.

This squad needs freshening up something chronic.

This squad is old and stale. Other teams have moved on ,rebuilt and progressed. We have stood still and done nothing. 

11 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

I agree with you there definitely needs to be changes but a mass clear out I don’t think That will work it’s more of a tweak Definitely a striker that can score goals definitely a winger with pace definitely a Attacking midfielder and defender LB CB 

Hooper

Lee

Palmer

Matias

Westwood

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

All our of contract I believe. All can go. 

Reach would fetch money so he can go. Bannan too if an offer comes in. FF too, spends more time injured than playing. Can also try and shift the likes of Fletcher, Nuhiu (did we actually give him a 2 year deal?), Van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy.

That leaves Winnall, Thorniley, Baker, Penney, Joao, Dawson, Wildsmith, Hutchinson. Can add Bannan and Reach in there if an offer doesn’t come in. Would try and sign Hector permanently. 

If if can steer clear of FFP, exciting times could be ahead in the summer. 

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hooper

Lee

Palmer

Matias

Westwood

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

All our of contract I believe. All can go. 

Reach would fetch money so he can go. Bannan too if an offer comes in. FF too, spends more time injured than playing. Can also try and shift the likes of Fletcher, Nuhiu (did we actually give him a 2 year deal?), Van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy.

That leaves Winnall, Thorniley, Baker, Penney, Joao, Dawson, Wildsmith, Hutchinson. Can add Bannan and Reach in there if an offer doesn’t come in. Would try and sign Hector permanently. 

If if can steer clear of FFP, exciting times could be ahead in the summer. 

Forgot about Van Aken. Carlos picked a real gem there. Can we sell him on eBay as spare parts?

We need to get rid of the been there and done that's in the squad, there's no motivation for players who've played at a higher level and are winding down their careers. They've been there, had the wages, bought the flash cars and are here going through the motions

We need hungry players, players with something to prove. I have to say to it but look at Leeds and United, not a big name player amongst them. Even Norwich are the same

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

We need to get rid of the been there and done that's in the squad, there's no motivation for players who've played at a higher level and are winding down their careers. They've been there, had the wages, bought the flash cars and are here going through the motions

We need hungry players, players with something to prove. I have to say to it but look at Leeds and United, not a big name player amongst them. Even Norwich are the same

I asked a guy who worked with me at the start of all this under carlos, when you go about buying the 'not needed/released' players from the newly promoted premier sides, how many think 'if we're promoted, i'll be surplus again'?

I think without doubt 'some' haven't been 100% up for it 100% of the time, perhaps it's they see some aren't 90% good enough, and think why should I tow my rocks off, this jig is over.