Can’t wait

Side lacks pace , energy and defensive know how. There is also a lack of team ethic working for one another. The team also has a lack of leadership. The lack of confidence shows. 

Any body who does high tempo against us either in terms of pressing or fast paced attacks we are poor, just can not cope.

32 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For a mass clearout.

This squad needs freshening up something chronic.

I agree even some of the bigger names needs to be shown the door, we need the players that can play for SB and not players to be shoe horned into positions.

Theres a bit of both of it here .

Agnew has played the same side Bullen was playing so not having this being his fault. The seasons a write off. Just get to the summer and let Bruce rebuild us, make some big decisions on big name players and finally have a manager with some balls to change things rather than clinging onto a few good players who weren’t good enough to get us up 2/3 years ago. 

29 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

You mean apart from Bullen playing them in right areas and getting results over a different Christmas period? 

Not buying it I’m afraid - we have a team, good enough to beat this lot. Tactically we’re mismanaged yet again.

our forward line lacks goals, whoever is in it, whoever picks it, and 3 years on from buying players at their peak, they're over the hill, that's why they can pull results out now and again, but not keep a run going.

It’s going to take another full 2 seasons I feel to properly turn us around

Keep us up this year (hopefully). Rebuild over the summer and stablise next season

Hopefully May 2021 we might be looking forward to a play off final

Ever hopeful ! 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For a mass clearout.

This squad needs freshening up something chronic.

Agree.

I always wonder why we are so slow to move players on. We get someone decent but seem to have no big picture  view to move our club forward, to develop our playing capacity.

Objective view but I would get rid of, or be open to get rid of, the following:

Hooper, Lee, Abdi (the mythical entity) - unlikely to ever be fit enough consistently.

Palmer, Nuhiu - not good enough to match ambitions of improving.

Pudil (a joke that a guy too slow to play, lb, lwb or lcb gets a contract extension), Jones - too old too offer much next season.

Fletcher, Forestieri, Bannan, Reach, Lees  - could get a fee for some of these or get money off wage bill. Fletcher is decent but on too big a whack and we have strikers; Bannan dictates our style far too much - if he is either off form or playing just in front of back four we have zero creativity; Forestieri is our best player but does not seem up for it - more injured than Matias this year? Reach scores, or can score, screamers but is not, for me, centre mid and we do not player with wide midfielders. Bails out of far too many 50/50s. Lees, club captain, was no good in a back three and thrives when next to a leader-type: Hector or Loovens. He needs to be that leader not dependent on them.

Penney, Preston, Dawson or Wildsmith, Kirby, J. Lee - loan out for experience. All have potential but insufficently experienced to help in the here and now.

This leaves Westwood, Hutch (an injury risk but I think he's a superb and committed player. At cb prob less of a walking injury than at dcm), Winnall, Joao, Dawson or Wildsmith (personally, I miss Price: decent, solid, professional and reliable back up)  Fox (proved himself a fair, if not sensational squad player), Matias (he tries, has pace, improved fitness and improved teeth), Pelupessy (not great, but a squad player who tries his ass off, something that is infectious).

Would keep Hector if possible. Think he's mint.

Probably missed some out and not saying we get rid of all of these but be open to the possibility. We need money off wage bill, we need a huge freshen up and flexibility under FFP.

I am a longtime lurker and dar from frequent visitor to S6 but I've at least proofed this for spelling and grammatical errors.

Edit: Keep Thorniley: decent prospect.

Edited by Owlcoholic
  • Like 1

The squad needs a big clearout and we’ve only made it worse through an abysmal transfer policy. We’ve stockpiled aged strikers and flashy central midfielders while leaving wide areas almost totally bare, look at how Hull dominated us out wide today.

The squad has no balance and we can only address that through a massive clear out. Please God correct our mistakes and replace them with young, hungry players who are good value.