U18s | Owls 2 v 2 Barnsley.

2 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Aaaarrgh!!! The owls were left frustrated after another 3 points slipped from their grasp. The boys found themselves 1 down in the 2nd minute when a ball back to the keeper took a horrible bobble over his foot and the Barnsley kid followed the ball into the net. We just couldn’t get going first half and the whistle was a welcome break. The second half saw us go 2 down around 65 mins and that seemed to shake the boys into life. Jordan O’Brien started a move down the right wing and after a couple of neat one twos he found himself on the scoresheet after the keeper could only parry a fierce shot onto the on rushing O’Brien. Ten mins later Eyad Hammoud was brought down in the box and O’Brien missed the resultant penalty. Owls were on the up now and again O’Briens terrific shot came off the inside of the post and fell nicely to Vasalo to prod home. Plenty chances to take all 3 but Barnsley managed to hold out for the draw.

Forest 18s lost today so we sit 1 point behind the leaders.

Wednesday 16s beat Barnsley 4 nil.

Thanks John, I hadn’t realised Forest had overtaken us

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Thanks John, I hadn’t realised Forest had overtaken us

I'm afraid it looks worse Guru. Here's the current table. We really need to convert these draws into wins. Birmingham at home and Blunts away coming up. 

_20190113_102057.JPG