Hull City 3 : 0 The Wednesday OMDT

11 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Does anyone remember our visit to the Potteries ( the Potteries :- Six little towns close together 20 odd miles south of Buxton. he largest of which are Stoke, Hanley and Burslem) November 1963 it was. My Dad wanted to drag me out of the old Victoria ground as with 5 minutes to go we were trailing 4-1 and the ground was emptying of Owls fans. "Bloody hell" says Dad as Pancho adds a second for the Owls. There were less than a dozen brave Owls in the ground as Bronco made it 4-3 and my Dad began to get excited. Pancho levelled and me and my Dad went crazy; But wait straight from the kick off Wednesday broke clear and Fantham hit one of his twenty yard pile drivers which incredibly denied us victory as the ball smacked against the cross bar.

WTF I hear you say, but no this was that Stoke game in reverse. Leading 4-1 in a poor season at Boothferry Park with about 20 minutes to go. Hull pulled one back. Then another and another. By the time we got our Stars on the Monday, it was a boxing day match BTW, Jackie Sinclair was still of the opinion that we had won 5-4.

Still no messing tomorrow Hulls run comes to an end !  UTO COME ON WEDNESDAY WAWAW   

I too was at that game. My dad had took us out of the ground towards the train on the platform behind the east stand as the game was lost.. Luckily for us from the platform we (and a few hundred others) had a great view of the goals going in with our faces pressed against the chain fencing.

Years later away at Orient, city were again 4-1 down but this time after only 20 odd minutes.

but 4 goals in 23 minutes including one 2 mins from time city ended up winning 4-5.

Beat them 5-1 at our place too and got promotion as well!!!

If it goes to form today it will be a rampant free scoring hull city thrashing the owls and your fans having to endure being baited by the most ironic cringeworthy camp taunt in football (but  the most effective)

So that's another 1-0 to you then....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

The Cheese is one of the roughest pubs in the city centre, plastic glasses and all. Probably wise not to venture any closer.

It's not changed then!

I kept on my way that night and landed at a place called the George where they did me beef and Yorkshire puddings and let me use the phone behind the bar. Smashing. Rather wish stayed here all evening looking back!

we call it ezzle but posh folk say Hessle. Its not that bad although my mate was once sat in Admiral pub when every single window got put through by some local gangsters thugs who reckoned he was marking his territory. One of them - "I went to the Krays funeral" types.  The Norland used to be full of lowlifes.

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

116702365_2019-01-0114_43_31.png.45d62f0550c235890f6790c7c34a64ea.png

Pleased to see some familiarity in selection. 

Will do the players the world of good.

Still think we'd have won at Wembley if we tried to dominate the midfield as we're doing now. 

Agree, if we'd played the 3 diddymen, Lopez, Bannan and Lee in midfield we would have won. And Joao Hooper FF up front. 

Oh well... 

Hope Boyd comes back to haunt them...