Hull City 3 : 0 The Wednesday OMDT

53 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Got a bad feeling about this today. Hope I’m wrong but il go 2-0 ull

Me too... fingers crossed we continue our form. Hopefully back to the most recent line up that have brought success.

bKoJd8S.png

4-5-7 in our last 16 vs them. :(

1v4r09c.png

3 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Luvvin your work Snoots.

Tough game and tougher if Hutch doesn't make it.

COME ON WEDNESDAY.

Only a precaution him coming off last match wasn't it?

Mind, we said the same about Hooper didn't we.

Hutch as the pivot as the midfield 3 has been vital during  our turn around.  

Nice one Snoots old bean! First ever match was going to Boothferry Park with cousins who were big Tigers  fans must have been 1964/5 in Third Division v Mansfield Town (boo). Hull won 4-0 or summat and a Wagstaffe (Barry?) scored 3, remember the ground being absolutely rammed, must’ve been 20,000+ easily. Also was at Boxing Day match which ended up 4-4 was that Jimmy Mullen’s debut? I remember thinking what a streak of wee wee he looked compared to everyone else on the pitch.

Would take a draw today, but always hoping for a win. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a 2/3 goal advantage for a change instead of all these nail biting last 15 minutes plus 5 minutes stoppage time? Nerve frazzled Wednesdayites are becoming a regular feature of Saturday afternoons and Midweek nights. :picnic:

30 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Only a precaution him coming off last match wasn't it?

Mind, we said the same about Hooper didn't we.

Hutch as the pivot as the midfield 3 has been vital during  our turn around.  

+ Westwood :ph34r:

lol

4 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Beverley for a bevy n then onwards to Hull to watch the mighty Owls win 0-2. Cmon you Blues.

Weren’t there three Beverleys ...sure one was married to Billy Wright. Which one is it that’s a landlady?

(Worry not, I have my coat ready!)

I remember venturing to Hull to see an acquaintance who was working there.

I arrived at the station and was wandering about, hadn't thought about how to get to the lodgings.

I thought Id ask directions in the first Pub I stumbled across. 

And I saw one lit in the gloom. The Cheese, or something. I was headed towards it when the doors burst open as a man flew backwards out of them , through the air and landed in a heap about two yards from where I was stood.

I looked up at the glowing yellow light of the open doors and saw the outline of a brutal looking woman. 18 stone if she was a pound. 

A face similar in appearance to a younger version of the actress who played Grotbags, but with an evil look in her eye.

There was a silence for a few moments. I looked down at the man prone in front of me and noted that he was the bouncer.

Then there was a laughing cheer and cackle and when I looked up Grotbags had been joined by a gaggle of her chums, laughing and waving and sloshing bottles of Castaway around.  The doors closed.

I decided to not to bother going in for directions.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

'kinell, Rev !!!  I didn't realise you were actually THAT Rev, ffs lol  

How many of us are there? 

I'm Rev Owl and there's RevOwl. 

I mean it's not like you.  It's very confusing trying to know which cognacbarnowl you are because there's 

Cognacbarnowl

Courvosiertawnyowl*

Napoleonbrandyscreechowl*

Metaxashortearedowl*

Martellsnowyowl*

Remymartinhootowl*

Paulmassonlongearedowl*

Don't know who I'm bantering with!

lol

*made up for rhetorical purposes 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

Hopefully Westwood in goal and a sharp bb in the squad, head 1-1, heart 1-3

Chuff me a plagiarism epidemic. 

I give up, fill your boots people,  fill your boots. lol

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Haha 1

Quality omdt as per. Great period photo's from Snooty's album. Almost expected to see Baldrick with his 'get it here' sign, on the quayside.

Back to league matters. The new backroom staff having a full week with an almost full squad. Time for a big win. 1-3 to us. The charge up the table starts here.

Give Caarlin Murray something to jizz over tonight.

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

Nice one your lordship.

I worked in 'ull  for a year in the sixties. Lived in a B&B for a while before moving to the posh area of Cottingham 

It's so far remote from the rest of civilisation it's a world of its own. Even had it's own telephone system witb cream and green phone boxes. Not sure if they are still there. 

Not a nice place then not been back since.

I think our previous record at their place will continue. Clean sheet (something not normally associated with 'ull in B&B's) and a few goals for us. 2 or 3 nil. 

Atkins Manager of the month curse invoked.

Mr Bruce would not be a popular manager to their fans  if he shows his face there. 

We're on our way .......again......hopefully.

Come on Wednesday.

Cottingham? We all know the posh area's bransholme :carlosswfc:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Love Bransholme, metal detectors on way into pubs. Lockers outside to leave your weaponry...! 

I lived there quite a few years back and I know you're not kidding :tango: 

Edited by s73owl

47 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I remember venturing to Hull to see an acquaintance who was working there.

I arrived at the station and was wandering about, hadn't thought about how to get to the lodgings.

I thought Id ask directions in the first Pub I stumbled across. 

And I saw one lit in the gloom. The Cheese, or something. I was headed towards it when the doors burst open as a man flew backwards out of them , through the air and landed in a heap about two yards from where I was stood.

I looked up at the glowing yellow light of the open doors and saw the outline of a brutal looking woman. 18 stone if she was a pound. 

A face similar in appearance to a younger version of the actress who played Grotbags, but with an evil look in her eye.

There was a silence for a few moments. I looked down at the man prone in front of me and noted that he was the bouncer.

Then there was a laughing cheer and cackle and when I looked up Grotbags had been joined by a gaggle of her chums, laughing and waving and sloshing bottles of Castaway around.  The doors closed.

I decided to not to bother going in for directions.

The Cheese is one of the roughest pubs in the city centre, plastic glasses and all. Probably wise not to venture any closer.

• Thanks 1