Hull City 3 : 0 The Wednesday OMDT

9 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Does anyone remember our visit to the Potteries ( the Potteries :- Six little towns close together 20 odd miles south of Buxton. he largest of which are Stoke, Hanley and Burslem) November 1963 it was. My Dad wanted to drag me out of the old Victoria ground as with 5 minutes to go we were trailing 4-1 and the ground was emptying of Owls fans. "Bloody hell" says Dad as Pancho adds a second for the Owls. There were less than a dozen brave Owls in the ground as Bronco made it 4-3 and my Dad began to get excited. Pancho levelled and me and my Dad went crazy; But wait straight from the kick off Wednesday broke clear and Fantham hit one of his twenty yard pile drivers which incredibly denied us victory as the ball smacked against the cross bar.

WTF I hear you say, but no this was that Stoke game in reverse. Leading 4-1 in a poor season at Boothferry Park with about 20 minutes to go. Hull pulled one back. Then another and another. By the time we got our Stars on the Monday, it was a boxing day match BTW, Jackie Sinclair was still of the opinion that we had won 5-4.

Still no messing tomorrow Hulls run comes to an end !  UTO COME ON WEDNESDAY WAWAW   

It was pi**ing down with rain at Stoke and I remember running on a sodden pitch to get a grip of Pancho. I believe John Ritchie got a hat trick for Stoke and we bought him shortly after. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

A loss on top of last weeks draw wouldn’t be the best start for the new management team. 

Its all about the performance for me today. We should lose the game against the league’s form team, who beat Leeds recently. But I’m just hoping to see the best line up and formation available, and a more organised and confident performance.  It’s all about building the foundations for long term success 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Its all about the performance for me today. We should lose the game against the league’s form team, who beat Leeds recently. But I’m just hoping to see the best line up and formation available, and a more organised and confident performance.  It’s all about building the foundations for long term success 

Yeah a positive attacking performance would be a good start to the new regime. I’m looking forward to Bruce coming in though and the new era really starting. 

• Like 2

A very good morning to you all, especially mi’lud, to whom I wish a speedy return to civilisation after today’s game (same goes for all our travelling fans). Not quite so easy thanks to feckin Northern Rail, they’ve made my journey down a far bigger load of stress than it needed to be.

Anyway, it’d be easy to do a Fergie-style “Lads, it’s Hull” intro and leave it at that. After all, they have a squad mainly composed of players you’ve either forgot about or never heard of, they’re managed by Captain Mindless Optimism and besides the sold out away end we’ll be playing in front of one man and his mutated dog.

Unfortunately the minor caveat is that they’ve won five league games in a row including an away win at Leeds and a 6-0 win thrashing of Bolton last time out. We can only hope their second string defeat to Millwall in the cup last week has dented their momentum.

On a roll or not, we’re good enough to beat them, although as ever it depends which a Wednesday turns up. I suspect Agnew and Clemence will match Hull’s 4-4-2, so pressure is on Pelupessy to match Hutchinson’s massive contribution in recent games. We ought to get confidence from how few we’ve conceded since Jos left, which is just as well because Bowen is banging them in and Campbell always seems to score against us.

Anyway, see you all there, unless my tickets for a cancelled Northern Train aren’t accepted - in which case prepare for a bloody massive rant :biggrin:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!

Hull 1-1 Wednesday

(Fletcher 30, Bowen 37)

• Like 3