Hull City 3 : 0 The Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, edmontonowl said:

He's taken to wearing his nan's hand-me-downs now?

FFS

but,,but. He always get his post in just as I'm typing mine. (I know lol ; I should type faster,) but, I can only use one finger at a time, and I'm stoned. Do you think he's taking advantage of that FACT ??

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Nice one your lordship.

I worked in 'ull  for a year in the sixties. Lived in a B&B for a while before moving to the posh area of Cottingham 

It's so far remote from the rest of civilisation it's a world of its own. Even had it's own telephone system witb cream and green phone boxes. Not sure if they are still there. 

Not a nice place then not been back since.

I think our previous record at their place will continue. Clean sheet (something not normally associated with 'ull in B&B's) and a few goals for us. 2 or 3 nil. 

Atkins Manager of the month curse invoked.

Mr Bruce would not be a popular manager to their fans  if he shows his face there. 

We're on our way .......again......hopefully.

Come on Wednesday.

True enough. The white/cream boxes were run by the council. The only City in the UK not to have BT run boxes.

Though I gather they sold them off about a decade ago.

Don't know if they retained the colour though. 

Does anyone remember our visit to the Potteries ( the Potteries :- Six little towns close together 20 odd miles south of Buxton. he largest of which are Stoke, Hanley and Burslem) November 1963 it was. My Dad wanted to drag me out of the old Victoria ground as with 5 minutes to go we were trailing 4-1 and the ground was emptying of Owls fans. "Bloody hell" says Dad as Pancho adds a second for the Owls. There were less than a dozen brave Owls in the ground as Bronco made it 4-3 and my Dad began to get excited. Pancho levelled and me and my Dad went crazy; But wait straight from the kick off Wednesday broke clear and Fantham hit one of his twenty yard pile drivers which incredibly denied us victory as the ball smacked against the cross bar.

WTF I hear you say, but no this was that Stoke game in reverse. Leading 4-1 in a poor season at Boothferry Park with about 20 minutes to go. Hull pulled one back. Then another and another. By the time we got our Stars on the Monday, it was a boxing day match BTW, Jackie Sinclair was still of the opinion that we had won 5-4.

Still no messing tomorrow Hulls run comes to an end !  UTO COME ON WEDNESDAY WAWAW   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Does anyone remember our visit to the Potteries ( the Potteries :- Six little towns close together 20 odd miles south of Buxton. he largest of which are Stoke, Hanley and Burslem) November 1963 it was. My Dad wanted to drag me out of the old Victoria ground as with 5 minutes to go we were trailing 4-1 and the ground was emptying of Owls fans. "Bloody hell" says Dad as Pancho adds a second for the Owls. There were less than a dozen brave Owls in the ground as Bronco made it 4-3 and my Dad began to get excited. Pancho levelled and me and my Dad went crazy; But wait straight from the kick off Wednesday broke clear and Fantham hit one of his twenty yard pile drivers which incredibly denied us victory as the ball smacked against the cross bar.

WTF I hear you say, but no this was that Stoke game in reverse. Leading 4-1 in a poor season at Boothferry Park with about 20 minutes to go. Hull pulled one back. Then another and another. By the time we got our Stars on the Monday, it was a boxing day match BTW, Jackie Sinclair was still of the opinion that we had won 5-4.

Still no messing tomorrow Hulls run comes to an end !  UTO COME ON WEDNESDAY WAWAW   

Got battered that day at Hull as the train pulled into the station by the ground. Remember the Stoke game too as somebody from Wednesday was lifted up on a barrier to sing someone hit him full in the face with an orange .. happy days. UTO 

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So it was you who was the little lad going mental when the equaliser went in, I was there and will never forget the feelings of seeing my dad so happy at a match. If was times like that when you learn what it's like to be a Wednesdayite.