Agnew on recruitment

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I agree we should only be looking to sign players this month with long term plans. Even if that’s loans with view to buy in the summer.

The more I think about it the more I feel we are a fantastic prospect for a manager like Bruce, as come the summer half the squad may be gone and he has an exciting youth team to work with too. As well as bringing in some shrewd signings. Can’t wait 

Spot on mate 

6 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Do you honestly think he would?  Bizarre...

Dont try and delude yourself Bruce is here because we are a well run club with a trouble free path. We arent. He is here for one thing. 2 mill a year and i dont blame him for that. Well done him.

54 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Dont try and delude yourself Bruce is here because we are a well run club with a trouble free path. We arent. He is here for one thing. 2 mill a year and i dont blame him for that. Well done him.

How sad it is, that you consider the only motivation for Steve Bruce is money.

It may come as a surprise to some, but the accumulation of Great wealth is not the only measure of Success in life.

I'm sure that having lost both parents in a short space of time, Steve Bruce will know this all too well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

How sad it is, that you consider the only motivation for Steve Bruce is money.

It may come as a surprise to some, but the accumulation of Great wealth is not the only measure of Success in life.

I'm sure that having lost both parents in a short space of time, Steve Bruce will know this all too well.

All too aware of that thanks. I dont need any kind of lecture on peoples motivations. 

Having been at the fans forum and heard Chansiri first hand and the difficulties we have circumnavigating FFP this season never mind next, I cannot see any players joining this month other than a loan or a player out of contract.

Those talking our youth team players up with regards to next season need their bumps feeling if they think thats the answer next season and its nothing to do with being too young or inexperienced but more a case of just not being good enough!!  Of all the lads given a chance over the last year only Thornily and Penny look like they could play at this level... the other are quite frankly likely to get us relegated as they are league 2 players at best!

On top of that I will be royally shagged off if thats the way we go as ive signed up for another 4 years on my season ticket and expect better... just sayin!!

Just now, Cash in the Attic said:

Having been at the fans forum and heard Chansiri first hand and the difficulties we have circumnavigating FFP this season never mind next, I cannot see any players joining this month other than a loan or a player out of contract.

Those talking our youth team players up with regards to next season need their bumps feeling if they think thats the answer next season and its nothing to do with being too young or inexperienced but more a case of just not being good enough!!  Of all the lads given a chance over the last year only Thornily and Penny look like they could play at this level... the other are quite frankly likely to get us relegated as they are league 2 players at best!

On top of that I will be royally shagged off if thats the way we go as ive signed up for another 4 years on my season ticket and expect better... just sayin!!

Absolutely 100% all these people saying we are going to sign this and that, and Bruce wouldnt have come unless he could sign players, its all b****cks. Despite amnesia in a percentage of our fans, we still have a financial gap to close which in some fans eyes, has miraculously vainished now SB has signed, even though he hasnt stepped through the door yet. Maybe thats the reasobln why hes not here until Feb along with personal issues, we cant and wont be signing anyone. Unless we offload some players for cash, next season and closes season will be all about signing scraps to try and put a squad together. I suspect his remit is to get the bestbout of what we have and slowly rebuild over the next two seasons.

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Absolutely 100% all these people saying we are going to sign this and that, and Bruce wouldnt have come unless he could sign players, its all b****cks. Despite amnesia in a percentage of our fans, we still have a financial gap to close which in some fans eyes, has miraculously vainished now SB has signed, even though he hasnt stepped through the door yet. Maybe thats the reasobln why hes not here until Feb along with personal issues, we cant and wont be signing anyone. Unless we offload some players for cash, next season and closes season will be all about signing scraps to try and put a squad together. I suspect his remit is to get the bestbout of what we have and slowly rebuild over the next two seasons.

Agreed... I would rather wait until the summer and see who we release and create some room for SB in the salary budget to add some better quality youngsters from the premier league and players out of contract because thats where we are going to be shopping for a while.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2019 at 13:29, Buxtongent said:

Be surprised if there is much movement in the Jan transfer window. It is barely a month since we sacked our last manager, and our new manager was mooted. Since then, he hasn't been fully involved with the club himself, and am sure that, knowing his reputation as being his own man, any sale/buy would need his agreement. He has not had time to make his mind up for himself which of the current staff he wants and which he wants to keep, and more importantly, who he wants as replacement.

they'll need to take a damn good luck at our squad to see what is 'salvageable'.

22 hours ago, billyblack said:

Too many dreamers, cant spend means no transfers unless we sell. Thats the reality.

we could have gone the route of chucking £15m at it in this window on a **** or bust gamble with the ground being sold for £35m should we fall short.

but we may want him and his associates to assess our strengths, unload and replace our weaknesses at the end of the season in a bid to launch a challenge next term.

ground sale £35m, reach £13m, ff £9m...

that gives him another 'roll of the dice' before he had to sell to recoup.

On 11/01/2019 at 13:31, fred mciver said:

Surely depends on sales though. Where's the dosh, otherwise ?

Nobody has said chansiri is skint. He still minted. The 3rd and last season of the ffp rules rotation was always going to be tough if no promotion. This season is about not getting any point reduction and getting a team ready for the big push next season 

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

Nobody has said chansiri is skint. He still minted. The 3rd and last season of the ffp rules rotation was always going to be tough if no promotion. This season is about not getting any point reduction and getting a team ready for the big push next season 

He maybe minted, club cant spend a penny of it though at the moment.

The current squad is just inconsistent and therefore, mid table. Clearly not good enough for the money we have spent, but we are at the end of the days for most of these players.

Bruce may have to agree to sell Reach by the month end, simply to give him a chance in the transfer market in the Summer. We need to re-build; need pace and physicality. Bruce will know this and hopefully with the 10 or so going out in June we can fetch in say 6/8 good players to complement the ones that stay.

Just now, Animis said:

The current squad is just inconsistent and therefore, mid table. Clearly not good enough for the money we have spent, but we are at the end of the days for most of these players.

Bruce may have to agree to sell Reach by the month end, simply to give him a chance in the transfer market in the Summer. We need to re-build; need pace and physicality. Bruce will know this and hopefully with the 10 or so going out in June we can fetch in say 6/8 good players to complement the ones that stay.

Watched leeds last night, full of energy and youth and enthusiasm. We are a fecking mile off