On Telly If ....

Absolutely fuming.

Booked flights from Ireland for Brentford at home. Cancelled, that was bad enough. Then see we might have Chelsea away, see they have a Prem game so assume it HAS to be Saturday, book flight home from London at 9.30am. Switched to Sunday, worse again. Have never seen a Sunday game later than 4pm so book a fourth flight at 9.35 home that evening, wake up today to find it's on at 6pm. When has there ever been a 6pm Sunday evening kick-off in the UK!? 

Four flights down the drain...

1 hour ago, LoanRanger said:

Absolutely fuming.

Booked flights from Ireland for Brentford at home. Cancelled, that was bad enough. Then see we might have Chelsea away, see they have a Prem game so assume it HAS to be Saturday, book flight home from London at 9.30am. Switched to Sunday, worse again. Have never seen a Sunday game later than 4pm so book a fourth flight at 9.35 home that evening, wake up today to find it's on at 6pm. When has there ever been a 6pm Sunday evening kick-off in the UK!? 

Booking flights before we played Luton.

You do know this is Sheffield Wednesday 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Despite having no evidence to back it up..I always get an uncomfortable feeling when we're going to be on telly in front of the watching nation. 

I've got some preliminary evidence.

Owls 1 L##ds 6.   Only time we'd ever let six in at home at the time I think.

Blackburn 7 Owls 2.

Oddly two of our best TV performances were at home to Leeds and away at Blackburn.  

We once got on the last EMT at St Pancras to Sheffield and they stopped at Derby and chucked everyone off. 

Had to cross to another platform and wait for another train, in January freezing to death.

Got home about and hour and a half late.

Great our railways!!!

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, GerOwl said:

Yeah....maybe not.

Obviously they are the favourites but I don't see why it's taken as a given that we can't win against a weakened premier side.

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Despite having no evidence to back it up..I always get an uncomfortable feeling when we're going to be on telly in front of the watching nation. 

That's because the older you get the more yur sack drops, so that uncomfortable feeling is your sat on your  nuts. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LoanRanger said:

Absolutely fuming.

ITV digital days kicked off on Sunday 6pm

They did go bust though lol

23 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

ICO...Home about 11/ midnight  ish....best bet

Have you seen / heard some of the people who go by coach though?! I once went all the way to Yeovil and back sitting near Fishcake - which is why the coach is a last resort these days and I avoid wherever possible. And don't get me started on the rambling imbecile who droned about whatever random nonsense came into her head on the Wednesdayite coach to WBA the other week.

I know you get idiots on the train as well but at least you have the option of moving away from them, the coach is just cramped and horrible and you can't have a drink either.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Have you seen / heard some of the people who go by coach though?! I once went all the way to Yeovil and back sitting near Fishcake - which is why the coach is a last resort these days and I avoid wherever possible. And don't get me started on the rambling imbecile who droned about whatever random nonsense came into her head on the Wednesdayite coach to WBA the other week.

I know you get idiots on the train as well but at least you have the option of moving away from them, the coach is just cramped and horrible and you can't have a drink either.  

Set off now...walk it...talk to yerself ....I was just givin'options lol

32 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Obviously they are the favourites but I don't see why it's taken as a given that we can't win against a weakened premier side.

A weakened Premier League side is different to a top 4 side. Beating Leicester or Bournemouth is worlds away from beating the likes of Chelsea.Don't get me wrong, I will be cheering the lads on more in hope than anticipation. Hoping for a 2-1 Man City performance and not a 7-0 one.

Stamford Bridge is one of away grounds I've visited most, we seemed to be always playing them in cups during 80s and 90s. 

For younger generation of our supporters (IF WE BEAT LUTON) it will be a first ever visit, this is reason I think it will sell out even though it's on BBC.

Chelsea is a great away day, highly recommended to those who's never been before.